Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

22 Jul 2015


See also: IRC log


Janina, JF, fesch
Rich, James_Nurthen, Gottfried


<trackbot> Date: 22 July 2015

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: fesch

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

<MichaelC> close action-1656

<trackbot> Closed action-1656.


<trackbot> action-1655 -- John Foliot to Take preliminary look at discovery & registration of multimodal modality components: state handling http://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ -- due 2015-07-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1655

<MichaelC> close action-1655

<trackbot> Closed action-1655.


<trackbot> action-1615 -- Janina Sajka to Review media capture and streams http://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ -- due 2015-05-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1615

js: action 1615 writing an email - have questions, there abstract needs to change...

<MichaelC> action-1615 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-1615 Review media capture and streams http://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ due date to 2015-07-29.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Content Security Policy Level 2

mc: lots of tabular data CR's
... last call...

<MichaelC> Activity Streams 2.0

<MichaelC> Preload

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to look into background behind Preload http://www.w3.org/TR/preload/ - due 5 Aug [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/22-pf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1689 - Look into background behind preload http://www.w3.org/tr/preload/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2015-08-05].

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

<MichaelC> BDE-Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing Community Group

cs: some groups could be using github and not show activity

mc: can revisit in the future

<MichaelC> BDE-Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy Community Group

<MichaelC> BDE-Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials Community Group

<MichaelC> BDE-Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies Community Group

<MichaelC> BDE-Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens Community Group

<MichaelC> Math Protocol Handler Community Group

Rechartering Progress

js: a dozen responses, APA 2 formal objections, 7.5 days to vote
... 1 objection to ARIA charter

TPAC 2013 Update

js: have wiki for TPAC but not populated , 4 days, need agenda

jf: please send out an email link to TPAC wiki pages

js: fill out the wiki please
... as things come up, we need to add to the wiki
... having an agenda is useful for funding

jf: do we want to socialize that we will be there?

js: they can see that in the TPAC page

Resource: TPAC 2015 Planning

APA Wiki: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Meetings/TPAC2015/APA

ARIA Wiki: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Meetings/TPAC2015/ARIA

Main Page: http://www.w3.org/2015/11/TPAC/

ARIA.Next Items

Interactive CG

Incubator CG

cs: webapps is using an incubator community group for new ideas, planning to take WAPA there
... trying to get multiple efforts there

<JF> https://www.w3.org/community/wicg/

js: would like Rich to comment, we need CS to drive it... need to keep finger in cross dependency, not sure about staff resources in CG

cs: want to drive it and aligned with other things I am doing

jf: I like the idea, right approach, but not sure how they will communicate as an activity...
... tools are nice, but if you can't be getting all the feeds... tools need to be accessible

cs: agree tools need to be accessible...
... think talking about a11y early is important

jf: discussions are happening in tools... that may not be available...
... 4 people on a git channel is not consensus

js: we don't want to replace for email and so forth

jf: I like email, lots of people don't
... younger folks ok with stream of data....
... you need to be aware of a conversation while it is happening... can be noisy

cs: can have multiple work channels
... will mention - are tools accessible? is the work style real time or batch?

<JF> background on Discourse tool & a11y: https://meta.discourse.org/t/accessibility-software-and-discourse/13711/50

js: don't want to get in the way of people that want to work
... incubation cg - does everything have to start in the cg?

cs: its organic, the folks that want to work on it do it... don;t know if organizational guidance exists
... I can ask for the process...

js: how do we track development?

rrs: make minutes

rss: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to look into background behind Preload http://www.w3.org/TR/preload/ - due 5 Aug [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/22-pf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/07/22 17:02:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Present: Janina JF fesch
Regrets: Rich James_Nurthen Gottfried
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jul/0068.html
Found Date: 22 Jul 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/07/22-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]