Outdated Content!

The Protocols and Formats Working Group is no longer chartered to operate. Its work will continue in two new Working Groups:

  • https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/ Accessible Platform Architectures, to review specifications, develop technical support materials, collaborate with other Working Groups on technology accessibility, and coordinate harmonized accessibility strategies within W3C; and
  • https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/ Accessible Rich Internet Applications, to continue development of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) suite of technologies and other technical specifications when needed to bridge known gaps.

Resources from the PFWG remain available to support long-term institutional memory, but this information is of historical value only.

This Wiki page was edited by participants of the Protocols and Formats Working Group. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.


From Protocols and Formats Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

ARIA WG Meeting at TPAC 2015

The ARIA Working Group will meet at the Technical Plenary (TPAC) 2015 in Sapporo, Japan on 26 and 27 October 2015. See the meeting page for conference, hotel, and travel logistics.

Remote Participation

Remote participation is available via WebEx. Contact Michael Cooper for the meeting password. Dialin users dial +1-617-324-0000 and enter access code 647 066 012.

Groups to coordinate with

The WG desires to organize joint meetings with the following groups:

  • Digital Publishing IG: extended descriptions, dpub roles, dpub-aam, math role
  • WebApps: WAPA

Potential Agenda items

  • Extended descriptions
  • Deliverables plan for upcoming year
  • Taxonomy cleanup ref actions 1675, 1676, 1677


Logistics are on the Group Schedule page. The ARIA WG will meet in room 207.

Monday October 26

09:00 - 09:30
Rearranging the room; Introductions; spec. tweak
09:30 - 10:30
ARIA 1.1 Test Harness and Exit Criteria
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:30
ARIA 1.1 Issue and Action Cleanup
12:00 - 13:30
13:30 - 14:30
Joint Web Apps Working Group at Webapps meeting room
In their meeting room, Middle Hall, First Floor
Accessibility API Requirements gathering, Issues
14:30 - 15:30
ARIA 2.0
15:30 - 16:00
16:00 - 17:00
ARIA 2.0
17:00 - 18:00
Proliferation of ARIA Attributes
Adjourn for the day

Tuesday October 27

NB There will be a parallel meeting covering Service Workers, all day Tuesday

09:00 - 09:30
Update agenda
09:30 - 10:30
Accessibility API Discussion, Issues
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Accessibility API Discussion, Issues
12:00 - 13:00
13:00 - 14:00
ARIA 1.1 Test Harness and Automated Testing
14:00 - 15:00
Action 1725 ARIA Feed (Matt King)
15:00 - 15:30
15:30 - 17:00
Joint meeting with COGA TF
Coga ARIA Module
17:00 - 18:00

References for ARIA 2.0 Work