- 1 Social Web WG Face to Face Meeting at MIT (F2F5)
Social Web WG Face to Face Meeting at MIT (F2F5)
The Social Web Working Group's Fifth face to face meeting is in MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA on and .
The meeting will be held at
- Day 1 will be in room 32-G449 (Patil/Kiva).
- Day 2 will be in room 32-D463 (Star). The two rooms are at opposite ends of the Faculty Dining area. Last year we were in Star.
In order to participate, it's important that you read these documents. If you've read them before, look at the change logs:
Participation is limited to Working Group Members (including invited experts). If you wish to attend please join the Social Web WG (per How to participate), or contact a chair on IRC #social for observer consideration.
Please add your dietary preferences/requirements to this list as well, or contact Amy privately if preferred.
- Ben Roberts
- Sandro Hawke
- Tantek Çelik (pescetarian, no goat cheese)
- Evan Prodromou
- Christopher Allan Webber (vegetarian)
- Aaron Parecki (vegetarian)
- Jessica Tallon
- Ann Bassetti (omnivore)
- Harry Halpin
- Amy Guy (vegan)
- Dmitri Zagidulin
- Irina Bolychevsky
- Frank Karlitschek
People who cannot attend the meeting should be able to participate via phone. It is expected that the meeting room will have a phone and we will be using IRC like on any weekly calls (#social).
It would be useful to have a list of people who plan to participate in such a way so we can request an appropriate amount of telephone ports. Please, add your name to this list:
- Jason Robinson
- Arnaud Le Hors
- Rob Sanderson
- Benjamin Goering
- Kevin Marks (talk)
- Dan Romascanu (part time)
We may try using uberconference.com
We use: https://talky.io/socialweb
Aaron is bringing a Chromebook with external camera and microphone to use for remote participation.
- dedicated computer
- dedicated screens
- participants webcams
- participants demos / slides
- appropriate microphone
Group members who don't plan to participate may note their regrets here:
- Lloyd Fassett
- Dan Romascanu
Agenda items for the meeting. The chairs will determine a schedule for each day.
In addition to the below agenda times, we will have 15 minute mid-morning & mid-afternoon breaks that the chairs will call at a good stopping point (rather than being prescheduled).
- 09:30-10:00 Breakfast, network setup, introductions
- 10:00 Agenda item scheduling
- Next telcon 2016-03-29
- Next f2f Portland (OR) 2016-06-07…08
- Next f2f Lisbon (Portugal) TPAC week
- Proposed: 2016-09-22…23 (ThF) (Note: CSSWG is 09-19…20)
- Proposed: early November meeting (MIT/Cambridge? Mozilla/San Francisco?) to determine final and next steps
- Activity Streams/Conformance (Evan)
- Issue labels (Sandro): Proposal: Issue_labels
- Demo: Activity Streams 2.0 Validator (Evan Prodromou)
- Taking AS2 to CR (Evan)
- Pump API (pre-ActivityPub) federation between MediaGoblin and Pump.io demo (Jessica Tallon, with backup from Chris Webber)
- Micropub CRUD (Aaron)
- Webmention RSVP to events (Aaron)
- Falcon RSVP to event (RSVP federation via Webmention) (Tantek)
- Woodwind view + RSVP/comment (RSVP/comment micropub + webmention federation) (Ben Roberts)
- Another demo (Karli)
- Existing and planned implementations: creating a list, reviewing any feedback, plan to grow adoption (e.g. providing examples with context & use cases) and prep for Implementor Report
- Determine tasks for taking ActivityPub, Micropub, Webmention to CR (Sandro)
- 18:00 End of day 1
- 18:15 no-host optional dinner at http://www.opentable.com/atasca
- 09:30-10:00 Breakfast, network (re)setup
- 10:00 Agenda item scheduling
- 10:30 GROUP PHOTO (ASAP)
- 10:40-12:00 Go through open AS2 issues
- 13:00 Demo: Activitypub posting to a site (Amy)
- 13:15-14:15 Aligning C(R)UD ActivityPub and MicroPub (Amy)
- 14:15-14:35 break
- 14:35-15:45 Open issues for ActivityPub
- 15:45-16:00 break
- 16:00-16:30 Open issues for Webmention
- 16:30-16:36 resolutions to publish
- 16:36 Any other business
- 17:00 Meeting close.
IndieWebCamp March 14-15
https://indiewebcamp.com/2016/MIT is the two days before the F2F.
Saturday 19 March 2016 - Sunday 20 March 2016
LibrePlanet 2016 https://libreplanet.org/2016/