Thank you for participating with the Open Linked Education Data Community Group. In going over some of our goals with esteemed colleagues at W3C, I’m told that our ambitions are unprecedented for Open Linked Data. Curating Open Data and releasing shareable vocabularies that can be used for tagging learning resources hasn’t been done before I’m told, though it seems so obvious that I find it hard to believe. This shall be exciting then.
A quick update:
- Chris Sizemore, BBC Online Learning has agreed to be my Co-Chair.
- Pearson has agreed to host the first triple store in a secured database. I will forward the URL as soon as it is established. We won’t include the name of Pearson on the URL, not to worry
- Chris and I would like to start out by attempting to converge and harmonize a few vocabulary sets. We suggested merging subject vocabularies from the following:
- UK Dept. of Education
- Pearson Higher Education subject taxonomies
- Open Univeristy
- BBC Online Learning Curriculum-based subject terms