The community group is currently working on developing a set of specifications and best practices to allow people who have discovered opportunities to be active to book places to attend an event, or hire a facility.
This post provides a list of the working documents that are currently being developed by the community group.
Discussion documents and reports
- Supporting OpenActive in your platform – provides guidance for existing platforms about adding support for the initiative to their products. It includes support for publishing open data and some general requirements around third-party booking.
- Exploring requirements for a booking API (google doc) – provides a summary of a face-to-face workshop whose aim was to collect use cases and requirements from both platforms and innovators looking to benefit from using a third-party booking API.
- Booking use cases and requirements (google doc) – documents all of the use cases and requirements that have been raised by the community, with an indication of whether they are in scope for our initial work.
- Booking API best practices (google doc) – outlines our recommended best practices for the design of a booking API
- Open Booking Standard Version 0.3 (google doc) – is an early version of our booking standard which has been produced by prototyping a number of client and server-side implementations with developers.
- Open Booking Standards Version 0.4 (google doc) – is our current working document and defines our future direction
- Version 0.4 Swagger documentation – provides a Swagger based view of the proposed API
The current issue list for the booking specification can be found on github. Please file feedback or comments in this repository.