Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
EOWG F2F March 2018
Pearson. Thanks Brent, Jan, and others who made it happen.
Meeting location: Kimpton Solamar Hotel, 435 6TH AVENUE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92101
- 15% lodging discount for meeting participants - Use the Orange "Book Now" dropdown menu at the top right of the home page and enter Corporate ID #100232924 when selecting dates. Once you select a specific type of room, the top rate will be the "Your Preferred Rates" witch is the discounted cost. Or you can call the hotel directly and let them know about the ID# for a discount when booking.
- Please let the Planning Team know if you have specific dietary needs during the meeting as Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Observers are welcome.
Monday 19 March 2018
- 8:30 — Breakfast and Welcome
- Role-based accessibility (Denis)
Tuesday 20 March 2018
Breakfast available starting at 8:30.
Worksessions — breakout groups work collaboratively on resources!
Potential resources: @@
Ideas for topics
All ideas welcome for discussion, please add yours.
- Role-based accessibility - Breaking down accessibility requirements and considerations by roles. Pursuing this effort from a few years ago with a small group of people that could be potential invited experts to join EOWG. Show what we've been up to. Try to gather interest from the working group, so it gets picked up as a project within WAI. - Denis Boudreau
- Howard's proposal
- presentations — Approach to updating the old presentations. Probably needs EO-Plan first, not F2F discussion. (Shawn from charter)
- Selecting Authoring Tools — Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility needs significant updating and revision. Maybe would be good to have conceptual discussion at F2F *if* we have an editor ready to take it on and they can have a draft Requirements Analysis before the F2F. (Shawn from charter)
- Better Web Browsing — Better Web Browsing: Tips for Customizing Your Computer needs significant updating - but probably not need f2f discussion (Shawn from charter)
- outreach — (Shawn, Brent from charter)
- Easy Checks — Easy Checks Next Generation Not sure if there's anything to talk about yet? (Shawn from charter)
- Training Suite — Developing Web Accessibility Presentations and Training content updates. Need to check with Vivienne if there are significant things that would be good at F2F, or fine for weekly meetings. (Shawn from charter)
- Translations — ui, parameters (Shawn from charter)
- open issues — go through open issues (Eric)
- AccessLearn WAI site gaps — go through Action list with EO to determine priority and next steps (Brent)
- (moonshot) Writing Style — Invite Ashley Bischoff (http://friendlyediting.com) to tell us a bit about good writing, maybe she would be willing to take a look at a tutorial page to show us what we're doing wrong :-D (Eric)
- [summary — description (name)]
Attending in person
Attending Monday and Tuesday:
- Norah (not sure/pending approval)
- Sharron (half day, both days)
- Andrew Arch
- Sarah Pulis
Attending Monday only:
- Brent Bakken
- Chris O'Brien
- Denis Boudreau (already committed to something else on Tuesday)
Attending Tuesday only:
We are currently not planning to have a phone connection. If you strongly want to participate by phone, please let us know asap.
- Laura: Monday all day