15 Mar 2017


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Niklas_Widell, Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya, Darko_Anicic, Masato_Ohura, yingying, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Michael_McCool, Feng_Zhang, Yongjing_Zhang, Kazuo_Kajimoto


<kaz> scribenick: dape

Osaka F2F

MK: Any update on Agenda?
... have been travelling recently
... Upcoming F2F is one topic

<kaz> F2F wiki

<kaz> Registration

<kaz> registration results so far

MK: recommend registering earlier than last time

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_Mar_2017

Kaz: japanese companies are interested in joining open day events
... interest in plugfest as well

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan

MK: Suggest adding information on F2F wiki

Kaz: Okay

<kaz> [ and done :) ]

Naka: for next F2F meeting... please register as soon as possible
... are currently organizing dinner... would need number of people soon

MK: Sebastian & Johannes are still on vacation.. will ping them as soon as they are back

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/

MK: last meetings it was just in time before meeting..
... suggest we do better this time

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Input

MK: One more reminder... input section for F2F is also still pretty empty
... OCP liason has meeting next week.. will join ... will not be able to join WoT call
... will give presentation about WoT
... need to find common strategy
... joined plugfest could be also of interest

working group report

TK: TD telecon time has been settled
... will start this week or next week (Friday)
... this week is not sure yet

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf

MK: Can you update wiki page

Kaz: Did update wiki.. should be correct..
... Fridays at 3:30am EDT / 0:30am PDT / 8:30am CET / 4:30pm JST

MK: Not sure about daylight saving time

<kaz> New TD slot (Member-only)

MK: Please check wiki page for the exact time.. (will change due to summer time)
... For Scripting no one on the call

Kaz: Updated all task force wikis
... will update again before 27th... to keep up with the exact times

<taki> +q

MK: Darko, any news on Semantics?

Darko: we had first kick off meeting
... 1. Charter review (by Dave)
... 2. I gaive presentation on scope (can be found on wiki)
... please raise issues in github
... will have meeting this friday
... will consolidate issues w.r.t. to charter

<kaz> LD minutes

<inserted> LD TF wiki

Darko: this week 3 pm CET (usually at 4 pm CET)
... would like to also invite more participants
... check wiki for scope/plans
... in direction to extending TD ontology
... also w.r.t. OCF work
... plan to work on more expand semantics

TK: Matsukura-san asked me to report synchronization task force
... first telecon will be kicked-off beginning in April
... telecon time will likely be Tuesday

MK: Last Thursday/Friday I attended T2T meeting
... Michael McCool also attended with OCF
... Security became more important
... Thorsten from Google
... Rich from Cisco
... Both are involved in the MUD work (manufacturer usage description)
... kind of manifest file
... similar to Android App permissions
... proposal so far is just about what the manufacturer intends to do
... see overlap with thing description
... could also include client role (currently more server oriented)
... they also try to fix existing issues (DynDNS)
... yang model can be plugged in
... third person was Francesca from Ericsson
... proxies in the middle are possible (payload is still secured)
... I would like to involve security persons in WoT ... (reviewer role)

Koster: Jim Schaad also made a lot of comments

<mkovatsc> Thorsten Dahm, Google and Steven Rich, Cisco

MK: Friday joined session with OCF
... rely more with what is out there
... doing so helps liason
... OCF makes use of IETF specification also
... also interested in WebForms
... and how to apply this to machines
... in TD we have similar concept (input vs output etc)
... planned to lay out Web forms with initial draft in IETF

Koster: actions as resource types
... static part
... dynamic part
... add functionality that can be inspected
... I am writing that up currently.. will try to share soon

MK: in line with T2T forms (can be annotated)

Koster: HSML update is available also (for review)

MK: Could be good input for HATEOS task force
... there will be HATEOS task force to improve actions and error handling
... will add information to next F2F input section
... any update on technical work

communication update

MK: communication task force?

YY: last week I talked about 2 topics
... 1. press release (no response yet from Karen; will follow-up)
... 2. participation in the WG (outreach)
... are looking for more people

MK: Need to figure out why IG people don't join WG

YY: Kaz prepared table for outreach
... responsible person for each company

MK: Correct... also bi-literal contacts
... need to update the list (https://www.w3.org/2016/07/WoT-outreach.html) (Member-only)
... add/select contact person

YY: will do that

MK: YY, you mentioned press release
... which press release is it exactly

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/2017/02/wot-f2f/slides/2017_F2F-Next.pdf

YY: For our first public working draft... timeline says this will happen in April

MK: we expect first public working draft after Düsseldorf F2F (in July)

YY: Thanks. No hurry

MK: In July it will be about Architecture
... others are scheduled after March 2018


Kaz: 2 points
... 1. would be nice to have roadmap on wiki
... 2. talked about WG deliverables. I am wondering about IG deliverables

<yingying> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Roadmap old roadmap wiki

MK: Correct, planned to publish CP
... finalized several documents.. lost a bit track what has been published

DP: suggest having a section in wiki with link to published version and link to editors draft

MK: In wiki we have links... remember styling issues but somehow that work got stucked
... Kaz, can you check what has been released

Kaz: original plan was to publish 3 documents
... this failed
... can publish as IG note

MK: Need to take care.. regarding architecture, not confuse people with WG deliverables

Kaz: will check (tech landscape, use case and CP)

MK: One more "outreach" topic
... roadmap more accessible
... on co-chairs list Dave started thread on cleaner landing pages
... we do have to many pages anyhow
... propose having cleaner and more concise landing page

<yingying> https://www.w3.org/WoT/

MK: need someone updating the content

DP: might also harmonize styles

MK: send out proposal to staff list... this morning
... get rid of things that get out-dated very quickly
... Styles should be harmonized also
... will discuss it in co-chair call
... input for next meeting.
... any presentation?

MC: w.r.t landing page.. need to find volunteer
... "massage" it towards simplicity
... simple and concise

MK: Who can moderate next call?

MC: Need security people /talks for Osaka ...

MK: I will be at the OPC foundation meeting

MC: can moderate the call

Kaz: 9pm in Japan

<kaz> see also the main call wiki

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/03/15 16:41:48 $