Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

3 Jan 2008


See also: IRC log


miguel, jo, francois, DKA, AlanTai, MartinJ, Bryan_Sullivan, SeanP
kai, adam, drooks, nacho, abel_rionda, achuter
Jo, francois




<francois> Date: 3 January 2008

<DKA> zakim aabb is Martin Jones

<jo> scribe: Jo

<scribe> scribenick: Jo

<scribe> scribenick: francois

<jo> scribe: francois

Good Standing Rules

<DKA> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStanding.html

DKA: Jo, you wanted to add the Good Standing Rules to the agenda
... and also an update on group membership in generally

<Zakim> francois, you wanted to mention the existence of a draft page for a Good Standing rules tracker page

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStandingTracker.html

<inserted> jo: wanted to welcome representation from HP and welcome Martin Jones who is replacing Rhys from Volantis

Francois: explaining the tracker page...

<jo> looks good francois!

<DKA> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/open

Francois: mostly automatic, but we'll still have to do a few things manually

Actions for the group in 2008

DKA: main action is the BP2 document. I believe we have an editor.
... now that we have an editor, we need to think about how we can start the document, put things together
... I'm open to suggestions on how to start that.
... In the meantime, let's go through the action log


<trackbot-ng> ACTION-491 Send strawman mobileOK DR to the group list closed


<trackbot-ng> ACTION-530 -- Edward Mitukiewicz to draft a page on context and its effect on content authors etc -- due 2008-01-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/530

scribe: Ed is not here today


<trackbot-ng> ACTION-589 -- Daniel Appelquist to look for one or more likely candidates to adopt techniques and make arrangements ref copyright and attribution -- due 2007-11-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/589

scribe: haven't done anything on this action 589 yet
... I'm gonna start working on ACTION-594 this week
... ACTION-603, Jo?

<jo> action-604?

<trackbot-ng> ACTION-604 -- Jo Rabin to elaborate current draft especially in the areas of requirements -- due 2007-12-04 -- OPEN

<trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/604

Jo: no progress

DKA: We don't have a TF lead for the CT TF.
... my suggestion is that we take the TF in the main part of the group
... Jo, what do you think?

Jo: I would continue separate calls. Bryan, what do you think?

Bryan: Yes. For the moment, I would continue with separate calls.

Jo: We should review that end of January. We should be close to working draft

DKA: so it's possible that we continue without requiring a TF lead.

Jo: I think it's not good practice for me to be both Chair and Editor


<trackbot-ng> ACTION-609 -- Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux to get the work on the mobileOK test suite started -- due 2008-01-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/609

DKA: we'll wait for Dom to come back on that
... The only other real opened action we have is ACTION-614.
... Let's move on with open issues
... We could start discussions on BP2... or I'm opened to suggestions

Jo: I propose that rather than spend unstructured time on BP2, we start to think a bit before the discussion. Bryan?

<jo> +1 to closing the call

<scribe> ACTION: Bryan to circulate his thoughts on BP2 so that we set up an agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-616 - Circulate his thoughts on BP2 so that we set up an agenda [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2008-01-10].



DKA: OK, I think we're gonna close the call then..

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Bryan to circulate his thoughts on BP2 so that we set up an agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/01/03 15:45:57 $