See also: IRC log, previous 2008-06-10
next week the last regular conference scheduled
Guus in charge
in summer no teleconferences but wrap-up sessions
to discuss next week
propose to accept meeting of last teleconf
actions on the last minutes fixed
no objections --> accepted
<scribe> ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re. concept co-ordination [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence w/r/t subclass [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt dereferencing [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]
Antoine: should we have skos ontology .... donwloadable?
ralph?: there is a url to go to
Antoine: owl file should be available
Tom: good to have action to define how different products will be made available
ralph?: recipes should be enough ?
alistar: ok if there is a link on the pages
ralph: maybe people can be confused by namespaces and other links
tom: owl file should be somewhere....
sean: can i access the owl file
from my browser?
... as a user why should i access the owl file?
alistar: users want to download
... and look it locally
... should be possible to do that
antoine: url should be available with the receipt
tom: maybe people would like to
point to the owl file directly
... even to cite it
ralph: if there is the uri to
retrieve the owl then we have to tell why is different from
... is the uri normative, informative,... ?
<Ralph> Margherita: in FAO we redirect the namespace to the OWL file
tom?: the question is the owl file has a uri? and if is persistent ? and why not make that uri visible for people that wants to refer to it
<JonP> skos owl uri: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080609/skos.rdf
ralph: we haven't decided yes if uri should be persistent ....
<JonP> and that uri returns owl in the browser
ralph: i think that we are
realizing that this case we need to address as deployment
... we should think about what is our advice...
<Zakim> aliman, you wanted to mention http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/history and publishing uris
tom: the uri is not a secret so we should write it in the document
<seanb> +1 to Ralph's comments re secrets.
<Ralph> Ralph: the URI is not a secret. What I object to without further discussion is writing down that URI in a document.
<Tom> aliman, the page looks good
\me (sorry i cannot hear well alistar)
antoine: what about vocabulary page....
alistar: has generic uris
... in the rdf vocab page you have a link
the url redirect to latest version
ralph?: ... there is grey area in the middle between ???
tom: who is maintaining the 2004/02/skos space?
ralph: alistar + others
tom: there is going to be
... to skos material so there will be few changes to this web space
... so should be clear to user the new namespace and that the old namespace will stay there
... we need an action so we can back to this topic
... to decide what is the best reccomandation
... alistar is ok to work on that?
tom: we need action about linking
directly to owl file
... what is best practice
Alistar: suggest to update vocabulary page ...
antoine: ideally would be better that tool could manage ??
tom: let's wrap up
<scribe> ACTION: Alistar to update the history page adding direct link to latest version of rdf triple [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
Ralph: refer to history page
<scribe> ACTION: Antoine and Ed to add content to Primer about irreflexivity [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]
<Ralph> ACTION: [DONE] Ralph compose intermediate pages for http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of the paths to the old and new SKOS documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]
<scribe> ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our requirements for annotation properties [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]
<scribe> ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of requirements in light of resolutions [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]
<aliman> ralph, I've reviewed the intermediate skos pages, they look fine to me.
<Ralph> [Antoine, if you're referring to the difference between "SKOS Simple Knowledge Organization System Primer" in the title and "SKOS -- Simple Knowledge Organisation System" in the abstract, that's how it appears in http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-primer-20080221/ -- I can change the intermediate page either way you like :)
<Ralph> ACTION: [DONE] Margherita to liase with primer authors about example using plain literals and some with datatype literals [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]
<Ralph> Margherita: I don't see a need for translating symbols now
<Ralph> ... I'll have another look and send email later today
<Ralph> Alistair: I added section 6.5.4 to the SKOS Reference after our discussion on symbolic labels
<Ralph> ... see the prose before Example 22
Alistar: no objection on the proposal
<seanb> Sean: should make it clear that the properties are not inverses.
tom: propose to resolve issue 83
RESOLUTION: to close Issue 83 as proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008May/0068.html
<scribe> ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to the list [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to draft to draft the RDFa transition request [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]