Workshops, Presentations, Tutorials, Papers and Demos
- Workshop on Rich Multimodal Application Development was held on 22-23 July 2013 in New York Metropolitan Area, US, hosted by Openstream. The minutes are available online.
- Workshop on Emotion Markup Language was held on 5-6 October 2010 in Paris, France, hosted by Telecom ParisTech. The summary and detailed minutes are available online.
- Workshop on Conversational Applications was held on 18-19 June 2010 in Somerset, New Jersey, US hosted by Openstream. The Agenda, the Minutes and the Summary are available.
- Workshop on W3C's Multimodal Architecture and Interfaces was held on 16-17 November, 2007 at Keio University in Japan. The Agenda, the Minutes, the Summary and the Issue List raised during the workshop are available.
- EMMA 1.1: Enriched information from speech and multimodal inputs. Deborah Dahl and Michael Johnston, Mobile Voice Conference 2012, San Francisco, USA.
Multimodal Interaction Working Group Activities Overview
Multimodal Architecture and Interfaces Implementation
This video explains the value of a common format for representing multimodal user input and introduces EMMA.
Press, Articles and Technical Papers
From MIT SketchML to InkML or There and Back Again, Rui Hu and Stephen M. Watt, pp. 26-27, Proc. 10th IAPR International Workshop on Document Analysis Systems Short Papers, (DAS 2012), March 27-29 2012, Gold Coast, Australia, IAPR
A Collaborative Interface for Multimodal Ink and Audio Documents, Amit Regmi and Stephen M. Watt, pp. 901-905, Proc. 10th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, (ICDAR 2009), July 26-29 2009, Barcelona, Spain, IEEE Computer Society.
Sharing Digital Ink in Heterogeneous Collaborative Environments, Birendra Keshari, Sriganesh Madhvanath, Manoj Prasad A, Muthuselvam Selvaraj and Stephen M. Watt, pp. 580-585, Proc. IAPR International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, (ICFHR 2008), August 19-21 2008, Montreal, Canada, CENPARMI Concordia University, ISBN 1-895193-03-6.
New Aspects of InkML for Pen-Based Computing, Stephen M. Watt, pp. 457-460, Proc. International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, (ICDAR), September 23-26 2007, Curitiba, Brazil, IEEE Computer Society.
CNET News EmotionML: Will computers tap into your feelings? August 30, 2010
Extensible Multimodal Annotation (EMMA) for Intelligent Virtual Agents. Deborah Dahl, 10th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents in Philadelphia, September 20-22, 2010.
- Openstream Multimodal Interaction use case demo (Macromedia Flash video).
- InkChat Video: This video shows InkML being used in Microsoft Office 2010, an interactive ink chat application and in a browser with HTML 5. It was presented at the 2011 W3C Technical Plenary meeting.
- Openstream Personal Health Record Management System: allows users to capture images, videos and use the convenience of speech, location and gesture to update and personal health information with authorized healthcare personnel. This solution combines several W3C and OSGi standards such as InkML, SCXML, HTML Speech etc.