W3C | TAG | Previous: 24-25 Sep ftf meeting | Next: 21 Oct

Agenda for 7 October 2002 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list www-tag archive

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

  1. Confirm Chair (SW) and Scribe (IJ)
  2. Roll call.
  3. Accept 24-25 Sep minutes
  4. Accept draft monthly summary?
  5. Accept this agenda
  6. Next meeting? Proposed 21 Oct. (14 Oct is holiday in Canada and US)

1.2 Completed actions?

  1. TB 2002/09/24: Send a draft email to tag@w3.org regarding XML namespaces 1.1 spec in last call (Done, then email sent to www-tag).
  2. NW 2002/09/24: Draft an email (for TAG review) suggesting to the HTML WG that XHTML 2.0 should use XLink for hyperlink constructs, or provide a technical explanation why that's not a good design decision. (Done, then email sent to www-tag).
  3. Action IJ 2002/09/24: Report to plenary meeting organizers that the TAG does not intend to have a ftf meeting at that time.
  4. Action IJ 2002/09/24: Begin planning a meeting for Feb 2003 in Boston.
  5. Action IJ 2002/09/24: Find out more administrative information about TAG ftf meeting in Nov 2002. [Done; see meeting page]
  6. Action IJ 2002/09/24: Send email to Steve Bratt requesting slot at AC meeting for arch discussion, distinct from TAG reporting slot. Ask the AB if they agree to sharing slots at AC meeting. [Done] The AB has declined the offer, because the AB thinks it will need more time to do its own update.
  7. Action IJ, SW 2002/09/24: Compile list of process questions AB postponed so that first TAG could answer. [Done; TAG-only]

1.3 Meeting planning

  1. Action SW 2002/09/24: Take to the mailing list the top three TAG questions for the AC (for Nov 2002).

2. Technical (75min)

2.2 Findings in progress, architecture document (30min)

See also: findings.

  1. Findings in progress:
    1. deepLinking-25
      1. TB 2002/09/09: Revise "Deep Linking" in light of 9 Sep minutes. Status of finding?
    2. Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
  2. Findings versioning
    1. SW 2002/09/09: Discuss with IJ versioning of findings. Pending. SW and IJ have discussed latest accepted v. latest draft.
  3. Architecture document
    1. Draft schedule for next arch document:
      1. 28 Oct: TAG review of whatever current draft is starts.
      2. 4 Nov: TAG closes issues about draft.
      3. 11 Nov: Final discussion, request to publish.
      4. 13 Nov: Next TR draft published.
    2. Finish discussion of feedback on arch document.:
      1. Summary of comments
      2. Comments from Graham Klyne
      3. Comments from Daniel Dardailler
    3. Action DC 2002/08/12: Ask www-tag for volunteers to work with TAG (and possibly IETF) on HTTP URI stuff; CRISP. [This action supersedes the previous action: Ask IESG when IETF decided not to use HTTP URIs to name protocols.] Sent. Awaiting reply.
    4. Action TBL: 2002/07/15: Create a table of URI properties.
      • Is this still relevant given current state of Arch Document?
    5. Action RF 2002/09/25: Propose a rewrite of a principle (rationale -> principle -> constraint) to see whether the TAG prefers this approach. It was suggested that the example be about HTTP/REST, as part of section 4.
    6. Action TBL 2002/09/25: Propose text on information hiding.
    7. Action CL 2002/09/25: Redraft section 3, incorporating CL's existing text and TB's structural proposal (see minutes of 25 Sep ftf meeting on formats).
    8. Action NW 2002/09/25: Write some text for a section on namespaces (docs at namespace URIs, use of RDDL-like thing).
    9. Action RF 2002/09/25: On the topic of revising RFC2396, indicate to the TAG what the relevant IETF fora are for input.

2.3 Priority issues (45min)

  1. xlinkScope-23
    1. Action CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish their recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or whatever works).
    2. How do we move forward on this issue in light of input since ftf meeting?
  2. namespaceDocument-8
    1. Action TB 2002/09/24: Revise the RDDL document to use RDF rather than XLink. Goal of publication as W3C Note.
    2. Action NW 2002/09/25: Write some text for an Arch Doc section on namespaces (docs at namespace URIs, use of RDDL-like thing).
  3. contentPresentation-26
    1. Action CL 2002/09/24: Draft text on the principle of separation of content and presentation for the Arch Doc.
  4. rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
    1. Action DC 2002/09/24: Write to Schema WG to say that TAG is interested in progress on this issue. Copy Jonathan Borden and Brian McBride.
  5. uriMediaType-9:
  6. Status of URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on URI canonicalization and email from Martin in particular. See more comments from Martin.
    1. CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for good practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, such as %7E v. &7e and suggested use of lower case. At 16 Sep meeting, CL reports pending; action to send URI to message to TAG.
  7. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query strings?

2.4 New issues?


Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2002/10/07 02:47:17 $