ISSUE-57: Mechanisms for obtaining information about the meaning of a given URI

HttpRedirections-57

Mechanisms for obtaining information about the meaning of a given URI

State:
OPEN
Product:
Metadata Architecture
Raised by:
Jonathan Rees
Opened on:
2007-08-22
Description:
At their meeting in 16th July 2007 [1] the TAG resolved to create a new issue, HttpRedirections-57, as a response to a community request [2] that we give further consideration to the use of the HTTP 303 status codes *and* other possible mechanisms of obtaining a description of a resource (typically a non-information resource) where the referenced resource is not capable of providing representations of itself.

Particular concerns are the cachability (or otherwise) of HTTP redirection responses (see email from Roy Fielding [3] indicating presence of a bug in the specs; this is fixed in HTTPbis [4]); UI confusion where redirection leads to changes in browser address-bar content; and questions of the practical bookmarkability of a reference in the presence of a redirections [5].

At the TAG F2F of 4 March 2009 (http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/04-minutes#item03), the TAG agreed to "split Issue-57 into two issues as edited by NM, with one abstention DanC". Issue 62 was opened immediately.

Later, issue 63 "metadata architecture" was opened.

On its 2011-03-03 telcon [6] the TAG noted that members of the community (e.g. in [7]) report that the performance characteristics and deployment complexity of using 303 redirects leave them feeling that they have little option but to use 200 responses for this purpose, at variance with the TAG's httpRange-14 resolution [8]. At this meeting we also decided to change the name of this issue from "The use of HTTP redirections" to "Mechanisms for obtaining information about the meaning of a given URI".
--
[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/07/16-minutes#item06
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0034
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0035
[4] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-08#section-8.3.4
[5] http://www.w3.org/QA/2010/04/why_does_the_address_bar_show.html
[6] (will add after minutes are announced -JAR 20110303)
[7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-awwsw/2011Jan/0021.html
[8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jun/0039.html

Issue "shepherd": Jonathan Rees
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. Re: [ISSUE-57] Drawback to Parallel Properties (from sean@miscoranda.com on 2014-10-30)
  2. Re: [ISSUE-57] Drawback to Parallel Properties (from rees@mumble.net on 2014-10-30)
  3. Re: [ISSUE-57] Drawback to Parallel Properties (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2014-10-30)
  4. [ISSUE-57] Drawback to Parallel Properties (from sean@miscoranda.com on 2014-10-29)
  5. Draft minutes from TAG call of 2013-05-16 (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2013-05-17)
  6. Draft minutes from TAG Teleconference of 28 Feb 2013 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2013-02-28)
  7. Agenda for the TAG Teleconference of 28 February 2013 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2013-02-27)
  8. Confirming date of TAG F2F (was: Draft minutes of TAG telcon 2013-01-24 now available) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2013-01-30)
  9. Draft minutes of TAG telcon 2013-01-24 now available (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2013-01-28)
  10. RE: Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 24 January 2013 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2013-01-23)
  11. Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 24 January 2013 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2013-01-22)
  12. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 3 January (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2013-01-03)
  13. Draft TAG minutes from telcon of 13-dec-2012 (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2012-12-17)
  14. Draft minutes from 2012-11-08 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-11-28)
  15. Re: TAG Minutes for Nov. 8 (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-11-28)
  16. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from sandro@w3.org on 2012-11-21)
  17. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-11-21)
  18. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from sandro@w3.org on 2012-11-21)
  19. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from scorlosquet@gmail.com on 2012-11-21)
  20. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from sandro@w3.org on 2012-11-21)
  21. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from scorlosquet@gmail.com on 2012-11-21)
  22. Re: JAR TAG status (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-11-10)
  23. Re: JAR TAG status (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-11-10)
  24. Re: JAR TAG status (from timbl@w3.org on 2012-11-09)
  25. Re: JAR TAG status (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-11-08)
  26. JAR TAG status (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-11-08)
  27. Re: Minutes for F2F 10/08 (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-11-01)
  28. Re: posted new draft product page for 'URI documentation discovery' product (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-30)
  29. posted new draft product page for 'URI documentation discovery' product (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-10-30)
  30. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-10-25)
  31. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from GK@ninebynine.org on 2012-10-24)
  32. RE: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-10-24)
  33. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-10-23)
  34. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from melvincarvalho@gmail.com on 2012-10-22)
  35. Vagueness vs. ambiguity [was Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer] (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-19)
  36. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-19)
  37. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-10-18)
  38. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-18)
  39. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-18)
  40. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-10-18)
  41. Re: Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-10-18)
  42. Re: Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-15)
  43. Working without being ambushed by Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from timbl@w3.org on 2012-10-15)
  44. Ambiguity (was: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from GK@ninebynine.org on 2012-10-11)
  45. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  46. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  47. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-10-10)
  48. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-10-10)
  49. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-10-10)
  50. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  51. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  52. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2012-10-10)
  53. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-09)
  54. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-09)
  55. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-10-09)
  56. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-09)
  57. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-09)
  58. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-10-08)
  59. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-07)
  60. Re: additional discussion topics? (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-06)
  61. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from GK@ninebynine.org on 2012-10-06)
  62. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from john@jkemp.net on 2012-10-04)
  63. RE: TAG F2F agenda more or less complete (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-10-04)
  64. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-10-04)
  65. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-10-04)
  66. TAG F2F agenda more or less complete (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-03)
  67. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from john@jkemp.net on 2012-10-03)
  68. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from john@jkemp.net on 2012-10-03)
  69. Re: Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-10-03)
  70. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-03)
  71. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-10-03)
  72. Editor's Draft of ISSUE-57 URI Usage Primer (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-10-03)
  73. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-10-03)
  74. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-10-03)
  75. reading for ISSUE-57 discussion - 'proposal 27' (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-09-30)
  76. First nearly complete version of TAG F2F agenda (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30)
  77. First nearly complete version of TAG F2F agenda (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30)
  78. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-09-28)
  79. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-28)
  80. Re: issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-09-28)
  81. issue-57 background reading for F2F (short required reading) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-09-28)
  82. Draft minutes of the Thurs 14th June 2012 TAG F2F (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2012-06-27)
  83. Draft minutes of Wed 13th June 2012 TAG F2F (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-06-19)
  84. Agenda for TAG F2F of 12-14 June 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-06-09)
  85. Re: TAG call of 7 June is cancelled (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-06-07)
  86. Re: TAG call of 7 June is cancelled (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-06)
  87. Tentative plan for ISSUE-57 discussion at the F2F (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-06-06)
  88. Re: TAG call of 7 June is cancelled (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-06-06)
  89. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2012-06-06)
  90. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-06-05)
  91. RE: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-06-05)
  92. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-05)
  93. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-05)
  94. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-06-05)
  95. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-06-05)
  96. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-05)
  97. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-05)
  98. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-06-05)
  99. Re: additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-06-05)
  100. Work-in-progress agenda and required reading for TAG F2F (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-06-04)
  101. additional issue-57 use case: polysemy (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-06-04)
  102. Re: Minutes from TAG call of the 24th (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-05-29)
  103. draft minutes 5/17/2012 TAG teleconference (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-05-17)
  104. Re: Starting planning for TAG 17 May teleconference (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-05-14)
  105. Re: Starting planning for TAG 17 May teleconference (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-05-14)
  106. Starting planning for TAG 17 May teleconference (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-14)
  107. Re: Fwd: RE: The TAG teleconference of 10 May 2012 is cancelled - start working toward F2F please (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-10)
  108. Fwd: RE: The TAG teleconference of 10 May 2012 is cancelled - start working toward F2F please (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-05-10)
  109. The TAG teleconference of 10 May 2012 is cancelled - start working toward F2F please (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-08)
  110. Summary of Recent TAG Work (December 2011 - April 2012) (from ij@W3.org on 2012-05-08)
  111. Re: ISSUE-14: Is issue httpRange-14 really open? (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-08)
  112. RE: ISSUE-14: Is issue httpRange-14 really open? (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-05-07)
  113. Re: ISSUE-14: Is issue httpRange-14 really open? (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-05-07)
  114. Re: ISSUE-14: Is issue httpRange-14 really open? (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-04)
  115. Re: ISSUE-14: Is issue httpRange-14 really open? (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-05-04)
  116. Draft minutes from 2012-05-03 TAG telcon (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-05-03)
  117. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 3 May 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-05-01)
  118. ACTION-691 Prepare table as described in 2012-04-04 minutes, for TAG review (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-04-26)
  119. Re: Schedule discussion of httpRange-14 for this week's telcon? (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-04-24)
  120. Re: TAG productivity, elections, and httpRange-14 (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-04-24)
  121. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from tore.eriksson@gmail.com on 2012-04-02)
  122. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-04-01)
  123. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-04-01)
  124. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from timbl@w3.org on 2012-04-01)
  125. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-31)
  126. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-03-31)
  127. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-31)
  128. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-31)
  129. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from tore.eriksson@gmail.com on 2012-03-31)
  130. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-03-30)
  131. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-03-30)
  132. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2012-03-30)
  133. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-30)
  134. Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-03-30)
  135. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-30)
  136. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-30)
  137. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-30)
  138. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-30)
  139. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-30)
  140. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-30)
  141. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-30)
  142. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-03-30)
  143. Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-30)
  144. Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-29)
  145. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-03-28)
  146. There will be no TAG teleconference tomorrow, 29 March 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-28)
  147. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2012-03-28)
  148. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-28)
  149. Re: The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-03-28)
  150. The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57 Discussion - F2F reading (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-27)
  151. ISSUE-57 F2F reading (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-27)
  152. How to move ISSUE-57 off the TAG's plate (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-25)
  153. Re: either strengthen or retract httpRange-14(a) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-25)
  154. Re: either strengthen or retract httpRange-14(a) (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2012-03-25)
  155. Re: either strengthen or retract httpRange-14(a) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-25)
  156. TAG prep for ISSUE-57 (httpRange-14, etc.) session (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-25)
  157. Re: Preliminary TAG F2F Agenda ready for review (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-03-22)
  158. Preliminary TAG F2F Agenda ready for review (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-03-21)
  159. Re: Call for proposals to amend the 'httpRange-14 resolution' (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-15)
  160. Re: tracking change proposals and issues (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-08)
  161. either strengthen or retract httpRange-14(a) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-03-02)
  162. Re: Comments on draft 'baseline' httprange-14 replacement (from david@dbooth.org on 2012-02-28)
  163. Re: Comments on draft 'baseline' httprange-14 replacement (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-02-27)
  164. review requested - httpRange-14 amendment process baseline document (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-02-13)
  165. Re: Personal comments on 'Providing and Discovering Definitions of URIs' (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-02-01)
  166. Re: guide to ISSUE-57 (httpRange-14) document suite (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-01-27)
  167. guide to ISSUE-57 (httpRange-14) document suite (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-01-21)
  168. Re: Please send edited minutes from F2F (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-01-14)
  169. Draft minutes of 4-6 January 2012 TAG F2F are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-13)
  170. Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-30)
  171. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 22 December 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-20)
  172. issue-57 baseline draft and draft of call for change proposals (from rees@mumble.net on 2011-12-19)
  173. Re: Draft minutes for telcon of 2011-11-10 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-11-11)
  174. Draft minutes for telcon of 2011-11-10 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-11-11)
  175. Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 10 November 2011 (from amy@w3.org on 2011-11-10)
  176. Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 10 November 2011 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-11-10)
  177. Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 10 November 2011 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2011-11-10)
  178. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 10 November 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-11-10)
  179. schema.org/url (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-11-09)
  180. Amending httpRange-14 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-11-06)
  181. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-11-05)
  182. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2011-10-28)
  183. Re: 'parallel properties' reference? (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-25)
  184. Re: ACTION-587 set pending review (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-10-25)
  185. ACTION-587 set pending review (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-24)
  186. issue-57 Two cases of indirect 'identification' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-13)
  187. Re: Fragment Identifiers and Agent Perspectives (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-11)
  188. Fwd: Please review and correct errors in the F2F minutes (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-06)
  189. Agenda for TAG F2F meeting: 13-15 September 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-09-05)
  190. Minutes for September 1 Telcon (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-09-04)
  191. Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-02)
  192. Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-08-31)
  193. Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from me@iandavis.com on 2011-08-31)
  194. Very preliminary agenda and required reading for 13-15 Sept. 2011 TAG F2F now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-08-30)
  195. Re: ACTION-587 Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2011-08-30)
  196. Re: ACTION-587 Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-29)
  197. Re: ACTION-587 Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-08-29)
  198. Re: ACTION-587 Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-29)
  199. Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-29)
  200. Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from ivan@w3.org on 2011-08-29)
  201. naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data? (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-28)
  202. ACTION-587 Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-22)
  203. Re: Issue-57 (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2011-08-21)
  204. RE: Issue-57 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-08-21)
  205. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-19)
  206. Draft minutes for TAG telcon of 2011-08-04 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-08)
  207. Re: [Fwd: Re: Issue-57] (from ylafon@w3.org on 2011-07-01)
  208. Re: [Fwd: Re: Issue-57] (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-07-01)
  209. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-07-01)
  210. Re: [Fwd: Re: Issue-57] (from lists@iandavis.com on 2011-07-01)
  211. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-30)
  212. Re: Perspective on the metadata / discovery struggle (from dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com on 2011-06-30)
  213. Re: Perspective on the metadata / discovery struggle (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-30)
  214. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-30)
  215. Perspective on the metadata / discovery struggle (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-30)
  216. Draft minutes for TAG telcon 2011-06-23 (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2011-06-30)
  217. [Fwd: Re: Issue-57] (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-27)
  218. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-27)
  219. Re: Issue-57 (from lists@iandavis.com on 2011-06-27)
  220. RE: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-27)
  221. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2011-06-27)
  222. Re: Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from leo.sauermann@gnowsis.com on 2011-06-27)
  223. RE: Issue-57 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-06-27)
  224. Re: Issue-57 (from tore.eriksson@po.rd.taisho.co.jp on 2011-06-27)
  225. Re: Issue-57 (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2011-06-26)
  226. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-25)
  227. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-25)
  228. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-25)
  229. Comments solicited: 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-25)
  230. Re: Issue-57 (from lists@iandavis.com on 2011-06-25)
  231. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-25)
  232. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-25)
  233. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-24)
  234. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-24)
  235. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  236. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-24)
  237. Re: Issue-57 (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2011-06-24)
  238. Re: Issue-57 (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2011-06-24)
  239. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  240. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-24)
  241. RE: Issue-57 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-06-24)
  242. RE: Issue-57 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-06-24)
  243. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  244. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  245. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  246. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  247. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  248. Re: Issue-57 (from henry.story@bblfish.net on 2011-06-24)
  249. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  250. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  251. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  252. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  253. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  254. Re: Issue-57 (from tore.eriksson@po.rd.taisho.co.jp on 2011-06-24)
  255. Re: Issue-57 (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2011-06-24)
  256. Re: Issue-57 (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2011-06-24)
  257. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  258. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-24)
  259. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-24)
  260. RE: Issue-57 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-06-23)
  261. Re: Issue-57 (from kidehen@openlinksw.com on 2011-06-23)
  262. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-23)
  263. Re: Issue-57 (from henry.story@bblfish.net on 2011-06-23)
  264. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-23)
  265. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-23)
  266. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-22)
  267. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-22)
  268. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-16)
  269. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  270. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-16)
  271. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  272. Re: Issue-57 (from distobj@acm.org on 2011-06-16)
  273. Re: Issue-57 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2011-06-16)
  274. Re: Issue-57 (from mamund@yahoo.com on 2011-06-16)
  275. Re: Issue-57 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-06-16)
  276. Re: Issue-57 (from timbl@w3.org on 2011-06-16)
  277. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-16)
  278. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  279. Re: Issue-57 (from xiao@renci.org on 2011-06-16)
  280. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-15)
  281. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-15)
  282. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-15)
  283. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-15)
  284. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-15)
  285. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-15)
  286. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-14)
  287. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-14)
  288. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-14)
  289. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-14)
  290. Re: Issue-57 (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2011-06-14)
  291. Re: Issue-57 (from david@dbooth.org on 2011-06-13)
  292. Re: Issue-57 (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2011-06-13)
  293. Re: Issue-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-13)
  294. Issue-57 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-06-13)
  295. Product: URI Definition Discovery (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-09)
  296. Pat Hayes and logic for indirection? (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-08)
  297. Re: Issue-57 document uploaded 'Providing and discovering definitions of URIs' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-31)
  298. Re: TAG session on metadata (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-31)
  299. Re: TAG session on metadata (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-05-31)
  300. Re: TAG session on metadata (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-31)
  301. Re: ISSUE-57 & ISSUE-63 draft: Information Resources and Web Metadata (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-05-30)
  302. Re: Question about CURIEs and SPARQL (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-29)
  303. Draft minutes for TAG telcon 2011-05-26 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-05-28)
  304. Re: ISSUE-57 & ISSUE-63 draft: Information Resources and Web Metadata (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-05-17)
  305. ISSUE-57 & ISSUE-63 draft: Information Resources and Web Metadata (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-17)
  306. Draft TAG minutes 2011-04-28 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2011-05-05)
  307. Re: Draft Minutes from 03-03 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-03-04)
  308. Re: Draft Minutes from 03-03 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2011-03-04)
  309. Re: Draft Minutes from 03-03 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-03-04)
  310. Draft Minutes from 03-03 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2011-03-04)
  311. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 3 March 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-03-02)
  312. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 3 March 2011 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-03-02)
  313. Minutes for 24 Feb 2011 TAG teleconference (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-03-02)
  314. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 3 March 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-03-02)
  315. Re: ACTION-534 Create issue page relating to Harry Halpin's concerns about 200/303 responses (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-03-02)
  316. ACTION-534 Create issue page relating to Harry Halpin's concerns about 200/303 responses (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-28)
  317. Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 24 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-23)
  318. Draft minutes of the 8-10 February 2011 TAG F2F Meeting are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-21)
  319. Draft minutes of the 8-10 February 2011 TAG F2F Meeting are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-21)
  320. Stable agenda for TAG F2F of 8-10 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-05)
  321. Preliminary version of the Agenda for the TAG F2F Meeting of 8-10 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-30)
  322. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 18 November 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-11-17)
  323. Re: FW: 'Is 303 Really Necessary?' (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-11-04)
  324. Final Agenda for TAG F2F 19-21 October 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-14)
  325. Agenda for TAG F2F of October 19-21 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-13)
  326. Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 2 September 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-09-01)
  327. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 August 2010 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2010-08-19)
  328. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 August 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-08-18)
  329. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 August 2010 (from Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com on 2010-08-12)
  330. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 August 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-08-10)
  331. Draft TAG telcon minutes of 15th July 2010 (from john@jkemp.net on 2010-07-20)
  332. optional reading for HTTP semantics discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-06-04)
  333. Agenda for TAG F2F Meeting 7-9 June 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-06-01)
  334. minutes TAG meeting 24-26 March in Cambridge, MA, USA for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2010-04-12)
  335. Draft Agenda of 24-26 March 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-19)
  336. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from michael.hausenblas@deri.org on 2010-03-17)
  337. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from hhalpin@ibiblio.org on 2010-03-17)
  338. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from david@dbooth.org on 2010-03-17)
  339. AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-17)
  340. Re: ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections) status report (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-09)
  341. ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections) status report (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-09)
  342. TAG Members: please reviews status of issues you 'shepherd' by Monday, 8 March (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-03)
  343. TAG telcon minutes for 25 Feb 2010 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-02)
  344. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 25 February 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-02-25)
  345. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 25 February 2010 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-02-25)
  346. Re: suggestions for next week's agenda as a result of today's meeting (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-02-04)
  347. suggestions for next week's agenda as a result of today's meeting (from connolly@w3.org on 2010-02-04)
  348. Agenda for the TAG Teleconference of 4 Feb 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-02-02)
  349. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 28 January 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-26)
  350. Re: Draft minutes of TAG telcon 2010-01-14 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-20)
  351. Draft minutes of TAG telcon 2010-01-14 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-19)
  352. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 21 January 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-19)
  353. TAG Agenda for 14 January 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-12)
  354. ACTION-347 Research 303 caching change in HTTPbis (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-05)
  355. Re: Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-07)
  356. Re: report of 'http semantics' (AWWSW) task group (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-12-05)
  357. report of 'http semantics' (AWWSW) task group (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-12-04)
  358. Re: Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-03)
  359. Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-02)
  360. Re: Hausenblas' request on format negotiation (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-25)
  361. Re: agenda for TAG meeting 8-10 Dec (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-25)
  362. Re: agenda for TAG meeting 8-10 Dec (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-11-25)
  363. agenda for TAG meeting 8-10 Dec (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-25)
  364. Re: TAG issue review - JAR (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-10-19)
  365. Re: TAG issue review - JAR (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-10-19)
  366. TAG issue review - JAR (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-10-18)
  367. Text-only version of TAG F2F minutes of 25 June 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-08-10)
  368. Re: F2F agenda (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-06-16)
  369. F2F agenda (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-06-16)
  370. Summary of current state of httpRedirections-57 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-06-15)
  371. Re: TAG F2F Priorities (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-05-28)
  372. Re: TAG F2F Priorities (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2009-05-28)
  373. TAG F2F Priorities (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-05-27)
  374. Approved minutes of the TAG F2F of 3-5 March 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-04-02)
  375. Setting TAG Priorities - Review of discussion and planning to date (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-03-22)
  376. RE: TAG Pending Review Action Items (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-03-13)
  377. Re: TAG Pending Review Action Items (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-03-11)
  378. RE: TAG Pending Review Action Items (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-03-11)
  379. TAG Pending Review Action Items (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-03-10)
  380. RE: Please review immediatly if possible: draft TAG status report (from skw@hp.com on 2009-03-02)
  381. Agenda for TAG Face-to-Face Meeting, 3-5 March 2009 (Redwood Shores, CA) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-25)
  382. Stuart Williams comments in TAG ISSUE-57 (httpRedirections-57) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-24)
  383. Re: F2F reading for httpRedirections-57 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-24)
  384. Re: Draft Minutes of the TAG Teleconference of 19 February 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-24)
  385. Re: Question on the boundaries of content negotiation in the context of the Web of Data (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-18)
  386. Approved minutes of TAG Teleconference of 5 February 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-17)
  387. Re: Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 19 February 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-17)
  388. Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 19 February 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-17)
  389. Draft of minutes from 5 February 2009 TAG telecon for review (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-02-10)
  390. Re: TAG ACTION-200 and ISSUE-57: update status and make sure conclusions of 5 Feb Telcon are clear (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-09)
  391. Re: TAG ACTION-200 and ISSUE-57: update status and make sure conclusions of 5 Feb Telcon are clear (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-02-09)
  392. Re: TAG ACTION-200 and ISSUE-57: update status and make sure conclusions of 5 Feb Telcon are clear (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-09)
  393. Re: TAG ACTION-200 and ISSUE-57: update status and make sure conclusions of 5 Feb Telcon are clear (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-02-06)
  394. TAG ACTION-200 and ISSUE-57: update status and make sure conclusions of 5 Feb Telcon are clear (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-05)
  395. Approved minutes for TAG telcon of 2009-01-29 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-05)
  396. Re: Draft minutes for TAG telcon of 2009-01-29 (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2009-02-05)
  397. TAG Telcon Agenda for 5th February 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-03)
  398. Re: TAG Telcon Agenda for 29th Jan 2009: httpRedirections-57; selfDescribingWeb-51; errorHandling-20; scalabilityOfURIAccess-58; XMLVersioning-41; Issues Pending Review; Overdue Action Items. (from john.kemp@nokia.com on 2009-01-29)
  399. Re: TAG Telcon Agenda for 29th Jan 2009: httpRedirections-57; selfDescribingWeb-51; errorHandling-20; scalabilityOfURIAccess-58; XMLVersioning-41; Issues Pending Review; Overdue Action Items. (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2009-01-27)
  400. TAG Telcon Agenda for 29th Jan 2009: httpRedirections-57; selfDescribingWeb-51; errorHandling-20; scalabilityOfURIAccess-58; XMLVersioning-41; Issues Pending Review; Overdue Action Items. (from skw@hp.com on 2009-01-27)
  401. Minutes from Jan 15, 2009 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2009-01-16)
  402. TAG Teleconference Agenda for 15 January 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-14)
  403. Draft TAG Agenda fro 15th Jan. (from skw@hp.com on 2009-01-13)
  404. TAG Minutes for 8 Jan 2009 (from ndw@nwalsh.com on 2009-01-13)
  405. minutes: TAG face-to-face meeting, 9-11th December 2009 MIT in Cambridge MA, USA (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-07)
  406. Re: Draft minutes of W3C TAG Teleconference of 4 Dec 2008 (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-12-05)
  407. 'Syntax and semantics for embedding RDF in XHTML' TAG issue addressed by RDFa and GRDDL (RDFinHTML-35) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-12-04)
  408. TAG Telcon Agenda 4th Dec 2008: httpRedirections-57; uriBsedPackageAccess-61; F2F Preparation (from skw@hp.com on 2008-12-03)
  409. Agenda preview for TAG call on 4th Dec (from skw@hp.com on 2008-12-02)
  410. Re: Aiming to finalise TAG F2F agenda content tomorrow (Tuesday 25 Nov) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-11-25)
  411. Re: Aiming to finalise TAG F2F agenda content tomorrow (Tuesday 25 Nov) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-11-25)
  412. TAG Telcon Agenda for 2nd October 2008: abbreviatedURI-56; WS-* ; Content Transformation Guidlines LC Review Req; httpRedirection-57; passwordInTheClear-52; tagSoupIntegration-54; TAG@TPAC (from skw@hp.com on 2008-10-01)
  413. Re: TAG Telcon Agenda Draft for 2nd October 2008 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2008-10-01)
  414. TAG Telcon Agenda Draft for 2nd October 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-10-01)
  415. Re: TAG weekly telcon agenda for 11 Sep 2008: XMLVersioning-41; binaryXML-30; UrnsAndRegistries-50; Self-Describing Web; F2F Agenda; tagSoupIntegration-54; abreviateURIs-56; WS-* inquiry; Content-Transformation Guidelines review request; htpRedirecti (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2008-09-10)
  416. TAG weekly telcon agenda for 11 Sep 2008: XMLVersioning-41; binaryXML-30; UrnsAndRegistries-50; Self-Describing Web; F2F Agenda; tagSoupIntegration-54; abreviateURIs-56; WS-* inquiry; Content-Transformation Guidelines review request; htpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-10)
  417. TAG Telcon Agenda 4th Sept 2008: tagSoupIntegration-54; abbreviatedURIs-56; XMLVersioning-41; F2F Agenda;httpRedirections-57; Open Action Items (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-03)
  418. RE: Draft agenda for TAG telcon 16th Sept 2008 available (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-02)
  419. Re: Uniform access (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-06-13)
  420. RE: Uniform access (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-13)
  421. RE: Uniform access to ... (from dbooth@hp.com on 2008-05-09)
  422. PROPFIND adressability, was: TAG Minutes 8 May 2008 (Issue-57) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2008-05-08)
  423. Uniform access to ... (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-05-08)
  424. TAG Telcon agenda fro 8th May 2008: httpredirections-57; tagSoupIntegration-54; passwordsInThClear-52; webApplicationState-60 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-07)
  425. TAG Telcon Agenda for 17th April 2008: httpRedirections-57; tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-16)
  426. Re: Uniform access to descriptions (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-04-03)
  427. TAG Telcon: Draft minutes for 20th March 2008 available for review. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-26)
  428. TAG Weekly Telcon Agenda: 20th March 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-19)
  429. TAG Telcon Agenda: 13th March 2008: webApplicationState-60; tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50; httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-12)
  430. First draft of Wednesday morning minutes for TAG Vancouver F2F - 27 Feb. 2008 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-02-29)
  431. RE: TAG Telcon agenda for 21st February 2008: httpRedirection-57; abbreviatedURIs-56; passwordInTheClear-52; namespaceDocument-8 (from dorchard@bea.com on 2008-02-20)
  432. TAG Telcon agenda for 21st February 2008: httpRedirection-57; abbreviatedURIs-56; passwordInTheClear-52; namespaceDocument-8 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-20)
  433. RE: Draft minutes for TAG telcon of 2008-02-14 (from Misha.Wolf@reuters.com on 2008-02-18)
  434. Draft minutes for TAG telcon of 2008-02-14 (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2008-02-14)
  435. TAG Agenda(s): 14th February 2008 (Telcon); 26-28th Feb 2008 (F2F - Initial Draft) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-13)
  436. Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from patrick.stickler@nokia.com on 2008-02-12)
  437. RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from dbooth@hp.com on 2008-02-09)
  438. RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-08)
  439. RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from dbooth@hp.com on 2008-02-08)
  440. Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2008-02-07)
  441. Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from GK@ninebynine.org on 2008-02-06)
  442. Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-02-06)
  443. RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-06)
  444. Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2008-02-06)
  445. [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-06)
  446. RE: TAG Telcon Agenda for 24th January 2008: TAG Election; httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-24)
  447. Ashok cannot join this weeks call (was FW: TAG Telcon Agenda for 24th January 2008: TAG Election; httpRedirections-57) (from raman@google.com on 2008-01-23)
  448. Ashok cannot join this weeks call (was FW: TAG Telcon Agenda for 24th January 2008: TAG Election; httpRedirections-57) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-23)
  449. TAG Telcon Agenda for 24th January 2008: TAG Election; httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-23)
  450. TAG Telcon Agenda: 17th Jan 2008: whenToUseGet-7; httpRedirections-57; Overdue Action Item Review; Scheduling (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-16)
  451. new draft of 'Cool URIs for the Semantic Web' ISSUE-57 HttpRedirections-57 (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-01-11)
  452. TAG telcon Minutes for 13th Dec 2007 (from ndw@nwalsh.com on 2007-12-13)
  453. RE: TAG telcon Agenda for 13th Dec 2007: Rich Web Clients; httpredirections-57;Reviews; ping attribute; (from dorchard@bea.com on 2007-12-13)
  454. TAG telcon Agenda for 13th Dec 2007: Rich Web Clients; httpredirections-57;Reviews; ping attribute; (from skw@hp.com on 2007-12-12)
  455. TAG Telcon Agenda 6th Dec 2007: xmlFunctions-34; namespaceDocument-8; httpRedirections-57; Rich Web Clients (from skw@hp.com on 2007-12-06)
  456. Regrets for Nov 15th (from rhys@volantis.com on 2007-11-14)
  457. TAG Telcon agenda 15th Nov 2007: abbreviatedURI-56, binaryXML-30, passwordsInTheClear-52, httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-11-13)
  458. RE: Updated Agenda for Friday 9th November 2007 TAG@TPAC F2F (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2007-11-08)
  459. FW: Updated Agenda for Friday 9th November 2007 TAG@TPAC F2F (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2007-11-08)
  460. Updated Agenda for Friday 9th November 2007 TAG@TPAC F2F (from skw@hp.com on 2007-11-08)
  461. TAG Telcon Agenda for 1st November 2007. (from skw@hp.com on 2007-11-01)
  462. TAG TPAC Agenda 5-9th Nov 2007 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-11-01)
  463. RE: TAG Tecon Agenda: 25th October 2007: abbreviatedURI-56; XMLVersioning-41 (XHTHML Modularisation); IRIEverywhere-27;httpRedirections-57 (from dorchard@bea.com on 2007-10-24)
  464. TAG Tecon Agenda: 25th October 2007: abbreviatedURI-56; XMLVersioning-41 (XHTHML Modularisation); IRIEverywhere-27;httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-23)
  465. TAG Telcon Agenda: 18th Oct 2007: IETF/W3C mtg; tagSoupIntegration-54; IRIEverywhere-27; UrnsAndRegistries; httpRedirections-57; Nov F2F (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-17)
  466. Re: Draft minutes from TAG telcon of 2007-10-11 available (httpRedirections-57, namespaceDocument-8) (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-10-12)
  467. Re: Triggering 303's (from mikael@nilsson.name on 2007-10-11)
  468. Re: Triggering 303's (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-10-11)
  469. TAG Telcon Agenda: 13th Oct 2007: httpRedirections-57, namespaceDocument-8, Mobile Ajax Workshop, XMLVersioning-41 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-10)
  470. TAG meeting 17-19 Sep in Southampton: minutes/summary (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-10-04)
  471. TAG Telcon Agenda for 4th October 2007: binaryXML-30; XMLVersioning-41; httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-04)
  472. RE: TAG telcon Agenda for 27th September 2007: [TechPlenary; binaryXML-28; XMLVersioning-41] (from dorchard@bea.com on 2007-09-26)
  473. TAG telcon Agenda for 27th September 2007: [TechPlenary; binaryXML-28; XMLVersioning-41] (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-26)
  474. Minutes from 19th Sept (from rhys@volantis.com on 2007-09-20)
  475. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from rhys@volantis.com on 2007-09-13)
  476. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2007-09-13)
  477. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-09-12)
  478. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from rhys@volantis.com on 2007-09-12)
  479. Re: Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2007-09-04)
  480. RE: Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton (from dbooth@hp.com on 2007-09-04)
  481. Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-04)
  482. Draft Minutes for TAG call on 30th Aug 2007 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-04)
  483. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-03)
  484. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2007-09-01)
  485. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2007-08-31)
  486. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from timbl@w3.org on 2007-08-31)
  487. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-08-31)
  488. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2007-08-31)
  489. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2007-08-30)
  490. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-08-30)
  491. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2007-08-30)
  492. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from phayes@ihmc.us on 2007-08-30)
  493. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from wangxiao@musc.edu on 2007-08-30)
  494. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from dbooth@hp.com on 2007-08-30)
  495. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2007-08-29)
  496. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2007-08-29)
  497. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from wangxiao@musc.edu on 2007-08-29)
  498. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from rhys@volantis.com on 2007-08-29)
  499. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from richard@cyganiak.de on 2007-08-29)
  500. TAG Telcon Agenda for Thursday 30th August 2007 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-08-29)
  501. RE: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from dbooth@hp.com on 2007-08-28)
  502. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from timbl@w3.org on 2007-08-27)
  503. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from wangxiao@musc.edu on 2007-08-27)
  504. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-08-27)
  505. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from wangxiao@musc.edu on 2007-08-27)
  506. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from edavies@nildram.co.uk on 2007-08-27)
  507. Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from alanruttenberg@gmail.com on 2007-08-24)
  508. ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-08-22)

Related notes:

In a SWIG IRC discussion http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/swig/2007-09-10#T01-48-20 it was noticed that a finding would be useful here on what base URI should be used fro parsing documents which have been redirected. It seemed clear that after a 303 See also or a 301 Moved redirection, the seocnd URI should be the base, However one could argue that after a 302 Found redirection, the baseshould b the original (stable, eg a pul) URI.

Tim Berners-Lee, 10 Sep 2007, 00:00:00

Andreas Harth reports: "Squid 2.7 didn't cache 303's last time I checked."
http://groups.google.com/group/pedantic-web/msg/dce76f362a276fc2?hl=en

Jonathan Rees, 30 Mar 2010, 15:26:38

Why does the address bar show the tempolink instead of the permalink? http://www.w3.org/QA/2010/04/why_does_the_address_bar_show.html

Jonathan Rees, 19 Apr 2010, 15:00:08

This blog post (from ACTION-363) speaks to the performance issue raised by Giovanni T. in July 2007: http://www.w3.org/QA/2010/07/new_opportunities_for_linked_d.html - the idea is to cache /.well-known/host-meta in order to avoid GET/303 round trips

Jonathan Rees, 8 Jul 2010, 18:06:42

This is relevant: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalinkhttp "Mirrors and Cryptographic Hashes in HTTP Headers" since mirrors are very similar to redirect targets.

Jonathan Rees, 16 Dec 2010, 14:12:02

Updated issue description per this proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0000.html as amended on telcon

Formerly the issue title was "The use of HTTP redirections".

Jonathan Rees, 3 Mar 2011, 22:24:22

The minutes of the telcon where the TAG resolved to rename this issue are at: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/03-minutes#item03

Noah Mendelsohn, 9 Mar 2011, 17:08:28

Current drafts:

Providing and discovering definitions of URIs
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/20110531/

Information Resources and Web Metadata
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/20110517/

Jonathan Rees, 16 Jun 2011, 15:12:00

Display change log ATOM feed


Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Peter Linss <w3c@linss.com>, Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>, Chairs, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $