From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

02 Feb 2016

See also: IRC log


aaronpk, rhiaro, ben_thatmustbeme, eprodrom, shevski, wseltzer, dmitriz, sandro, bengo, cwebber, KevinMarks, tsyesika


<ben_thatmustbeme> who is Ira?

<sandro> ben_thatmustbeme, Ira will introduce herself in the meeting, or look at the group participants page

<eprodrom> Hmmmm

<shevski> Hi Ben, Ira is me

I can scribe

I haven't for a while!

eprodrom: A few things to go through today.. unfortunately the first thing we have to do is not complete

Approval of last week's minutes

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I pasted a wrong link for last week's minutes, but it looks like it's a red link
... Who scribed last week?

<ben_thatmustbeme> you had it right before

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: Does anyone know why we don't have minutes for last week?

<ben_thatmustbeme> it was azaroth

<ben_thatmustbeme> just scrolled back

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I'll take it as a todo
... to make sure they're up on the wiki for next week
... and we can approve both next week
... Another admin item which we've been trying to keep track of but isnt' on the agenda is upcoming f2f meetings
... Would like to ask the two organisers, sandro and aaron, if we have updates on those?

sandro: I don't think so.. if you haven't put your name on the page, please do
... If you're not sure, put that down

eprodrom: I think our participation is at almost 10


eprodrom: aaron upates for JUne in portland?

aaronpk: I added a link to the June event page, has address information, rsvp there if you can

  • noises*

<aaronpk> PDX event page

eprodrom: Please rsvp when you know you can come, helps organisers with planning
... is this a good time to discuss new IEs sandro?

<aaronpk> wiki just got super slow for me

<Loqi> Eprodrom made 2 edits to Socialwg/2016-02-02

<Loqi> Aaronpk made 1 edit to Socialwg/2016-02-02

sandro: sure, introductions for new people

<bengo> <-

sandro: The only new person is Ira? (shevski)
... Formally a member of the w3c team, representing european dcent project which harry used to do

<cwebber2> welcome shevski !

shevski: Hi everybody
... Irina Bolychevsky

<ben_thatmustbeme> hi shevski

shevski: I am working on dcent, replacing harry for the last few months until may
... Here to bring useful feedback, learn some things
... I used to work a lot in open data for the open knowledge foundation
... I have a project called

<cwebber2> oh!

<cwebber2> yeah!

shevski: Where I look at open source decentralized technologies

<bengo> nice

<KevinMarks> sorry, I should have muted

<cwebber2> now I remember why your name is familiar shevski :D

shevski: Organised a conference last year in London that a bunch of people came along to
... Any questions? I'm excited to be here
... I was a tpac as well, so if anyone was at the social web breakout at tpac I was there

eprodrom: Also, he's technically new, although he's joined us before, bengo

bengo: This is the first time I've been on a call, mostly by convincing my boss to get on a membership track to w3c
... Lifefyre
... Social network as a service, mostly news publishers subscribe to our software and we provide real time comments, chat, twitter like functionality, follows. news feeds
... decentralised social
... In the past we've implemented various flavours of AS

<cwebber2> woo! welcome more formally, bengo :)

bengo: Want to make sure we implmemetn correctly
... There are some key user stories in the socialwg wiki
... Like how a company delegates their social functionality to another company or another origin

eprodrom: Great to have you
... Are you planning on coming to Boston?

bengo: I will be in Boston like two weeks before and NY, so might be a stretch, unsure

sandro: She's not on the call, but AnnB is also back


eprodrom: jasnell are you here?
... I don't think he came on
... If not this is going to be a lot of listening ot evan talk

<jasnell> I'm logged into irc but not on the call. conflicting call right now

eprodrom: I have 2 big action items
... Test suites

<jasnell> I can answer questions but there may be a delay

eprodrom: one of the things we have to do to get AS2 through CR is have testable mechanisms
... Last week we talked about ways to do testing, and we agreed that the minimal testing would be a validator
... being able to submit an url or some content to a web based system and having it parsed and validated
... much like the venerable other validators that are available
... w3c markup validators


eprodrom: That is one first step
... I believe that we have a project started there that was started by David from IBM
... It was a quick project that we didn't get a lot of traction with. I'd like to get that restarted because it's pretty important
... This validator would help test producers, so if you're producing AS2 documents, the validator should be able to tel lyou ifyou're content is valid and provide some feedback
... The other side of the coin is testing consumers, and for that the idea was that we woudl collect AS2 documents in a way that would be useful for consumers to run automated tests on



eprodrom: There are two new empty repos for this



eprodrom: I'm going to take some time this week to try and bring in the work for a validator that was already done
... I think it was done in Java, and the Java library for AS2 has lagged behind the JS one
... it may be easier to do a clean validator in nodejs using the js implementation
... Either way we should have a relatively good validator
... I'm not sure if there .. maybe I can ask sandro... if we do get a validator up and running where is the best place to run it?
... In terms of domain?
... Can we have it outside or better to have internal?

sandro: I've seen it done lots of idfferent ways there, so any way we want to do it is fine

<jasnell> It was JP from IBM that did the initial work on the validator

sandro: If it's being done in JS I don't know if it's feasible to just have it done in the browser, as a static file on just as easily

<jasnell> the Java impl is WAY out of date

eprodrom: That might be possible to do it as a clientside application
... I'm going to take on those two tasks and get them started
... If you're interested in either of them, please take a look and watch the repos
... When do we need to have those in working order?

sandro: I don't think there's any.. my inclination is to have them in working order before we go to CR. It's good if people get excited by the announcement, they can run with it, instead of having to come back later
... But strictly speaking we don't have to

eprodrom: So ideally we'd have stuff that would just work out of the box
... before CR
... Is this the last thing that we're waiting for before CR?

sandro: There are related issues, conformance and feature list

eprodrom: That's the other item for me, the conformance section
... that I'm working on

sandro: And then it's more or less paperwork

<eprodrom> "conformance"

sandro: Gathering up evidence of feedback
... The WG needs to be involved in those

eprodrom: Any other updates on AS2?

<eprodrom> jasnell: on the call?

<jasnell> no, not on the call

<jasnell> just monitoring IRC

FPWD of Micropub and ActivityPub

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: sandro update?

sandro: They went out fine
... They were published last thursday

eprodrom: Do we have update urls?



<aaronpk> and

scribe: at this point are we waiting for feedback? We still have open issues on both

sandro: maybe the editors can speak to that

aaronpk: There's still some open issues on micropub, from others and myself, so we just need to start working on that
... Unrelated but related, I finally finished redoing my own website, which was blocking me from working on a lot of this stuff, so I will be doing much more spec editing now

eprodrom: chris and/or jessica?

<cwebber2> but

<tsyesika> I'm text only too

<tsyesika> >.<

eprodrom: Looks like neither are on the call

<cwebber2> yes

<eprodrom> Could you let us know next steps for AP?

<cwebber2> I'm on the call

<cwebber2> just don't want to unmute

<cwebber2> in the office

<cwebber2> didn't get a room

<bengo> 32 open issues:

<cwebber2> not much has happened from me because I was at FOSDEM

<cwebber2> I'll be working more this week

eprodrom: Don't know if there's any additional feedback, but there's work to be done

<wilkie_> eprodrom: oh cool. sorry I'm not on the call, but I'll definitely look at the validator code now that it is uploaded.

<bengo> all pretty old issues though (from last f2f)

Tracker actions & issues

eprodrom: any updates on anything in tracker?

  • tumbleweed*

<ben_thatmustbeme> Still a bunch of open actions

scribe: If we don't have any updates, I guess we're at the end of the agenda
... Any additional items to discuss?


bengo: Check out this link for next time
... It's a Mozilla Knight ofundation to make online communities software
... I'll be meeting with them in two weeks to talk about AS2 or other stuff coming out of this group

<cwebber2> bengo: oh cool

<wilkie> oh nice

<dmitriz> github link?

bengo: Might be good to be familiar with the project, look at their github
... Trying to get them to commit to interop

<Loqi> Eprodrom made 1 edit to Socialwg/2016-02-02

bengo: If anyone has particular ideas or question, get in touch with me or bring it up on the next call, I'll see them in like a month

eprodrom: Awesome. Any other items?
... If not I am happy to wrap up
... Sounds like the end! We'll close. Thanks everyone for coming. Lots to get done, but appreciate all the work.

<wilkie> thanks

<melvster1> thanks

<wilkie> rhiaro++

<Loqi> rhiaro has 196 karma

<shevski> thanks eprodrom!


<Loqi> @daviderwin :: @bengo @losowsky @gjbarb It is in development. I'll ping you soon. Thanks for the #w3 links. Will strongly consider adjusting to conform.

<wilkie> dmitriz:

<dmitriz> thanks

<shevski> rhiaro: i am very impressed by your scribing skills!

RRSAgent please draft minutes

<bengo> a bit of an HLA: