From WAI-Engage: Web Accessibility Community Group
Welcome to the WAI-Engage Community Group wiki! WAI-Engage is a place to suggest, share, and develop ideas.
See About WAI-Engage.
WAI-Engage is currently working on the following projects:
- Presentations and Training on Web Accessibility
Share your tips and guidance expanding on WAI's resource Developing Web Accessibility Presentations and Training.
- Promoting web accessibility
Share your tips and guidance. WAI has some formal resources, including Business Case and Contacting Orgs about Inaccessible Websites. Let's gather anecdotes, experiences, and suggestions to help everyone understand and embrace accessibility.
- Case studies from the community that support the business case for web accessibility.
- Do you have an example of how your company has contributed to web accessibility? Submit your case study and share with the community.
- Accessibility Responsibility Breakdown (ARB)
Web accessibility, taken into consideration at the end of the production chain, leads to processing too late, issues that should have been dealt with before, without the appropriate means or resources to do so. Understanding how critical this is is a crucial part of the web accessibility process. Who, then, gets to be responsible for which accessibility requirements, and when in a web production? This project looks at WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria by roles (e.g., graphics designer, interaction designer, back-end developer, etc.) so web accessibility becomes all about being able to plan the right intervention, by the right person, at the right time within the web development lifecycle.
- Virtual AccessCamp
Here is a place to brainstorm and refine ideas about how to best use this community platform. What resources do you need? What do you want to share? How do we want to collaboratively build this community and support one another and the work of WAI?
- User Experiences around Accessibility Share your experiences with accessibility barriers and solutions.
Add your ideas for additional projects to the Virtual AccessCamp!