CSS WG Blog
Minutes and Resolutions Seattle F2FSunday …
Minutes and Resolutions Seattle F2FSunday PM: F2Fs, Selectors 4, CSS3 Text, Serialization, Testing
Discussed possible dates and places for meetings next year. Current top candidates are Paris in January, Bucharest in May, San Diego in August, TPAC in November.
- Reviewed new features:
- local hyperlink pseudo-class
- any hyperlink pseudo-class
:not() extensions to allow OR operations
- column selectors
- case-insensitive attribute value matching
- Discussed new terminology, various editorial suggestions
- Discussed scoping, Selectors 4 vs. Pseudo-Elements split, whether to publish
FPWD now or after Selectors 3 REC, and how to make people less confused about
what Selectors 4 is and why it exists.
- Discussed use cases for values of
- Resolved: Add
tab-size property, mark at-risk.
- Resolved: Drop
hyphenate-resource. It can be put back if there’s more implementer interest and a better spec.
- Resolved: text-decoration-line follows pattern of
none | [underline | no-underline | reset-underline] | ...
exact keywords TBD.
- Resolved: Rename
overflow-wrap, add a note that browsers may accept
- Resolved: No change to current line-break property, add note about future extensions for more precise control.
- Discussed general principles of CSS serialization
- Discussed how to make progress on defining serialization given there’s no
base spec yet and each property needs property-specific info.
- Media Queries is stuck in CR because we still lack passes in the test suite.
- Discussion of testing Transitions and Animations
- Peter Linss is actively working on a tracking system for tests and test suite errors.
« Previous article
Next article »