Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
The Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) publishes and maintains a resource listing of Web Accessibility Laws and Policies. In order to facilitate updates and encourage participation from all interested parties, the following workflow is followed when making updates to the resource.
- An update request is made via form submission, GitHub issue, or another direct contact method.
- A Policies Resource Editor (currently Mary Jo and Robert):
- Check information completeness and accuracy. Confirm official law or policy (not interpretation).
- If need additional information:
- Ask submitter.
- Ask EOWG and WAI staff if have contact who can help.
- If needed, might ask WAI IG for help.
- After info is validated, submit pull request in GitHub. Tag Reviewers: Judy, Eric, and other Editor (Mary Jo or Robert).
- Eric will publish the updates (within 2 weeks, ideally sooner).
Minimum Required Information for Policy Publishing
New policies should have the following information in order to be published:
- Country of policy
- Policy name
- Web address/URL of policy
Parameters for Listing
- Official governmental polices
- Appropriate supporting information from the same governmental agency/ responsible jurisdiction
- Clearly covers web (as opposed overall IT accessibility)