Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Contacts for promotion
Nav: EOWG wiki main page
Suggested format for listings:
- What it is - contact person (who knows how to contact them). Notes on what types of material is most relevant for it/them.
W3C & WAI channels
- WAI highlight appears on WAI home page. WAI RSS Feed.
- WAI IG e-mail list
- W3C News appears on W3C home page; populates twitter, W3C newsletters, ...
- Twitter: w3c_wai, w3c (auto-populated from w3c news)
- Facebook: w3c (auto-populated from w3c news)
- Linkedin: w3c
- bi-weekly W3C news
General Web designer & developer
Note: One contact for each document being promoted may wish to set up a few Google Alerts with relevant phrases in order to monitor and document where references to that document are being made.
Lists & Misc:
- WSG Announcements (If you have an event, resource or relevant job you'd like posted (from any country), please let me know - russ at maxdesign.com.au )
- Web Design References, UMD - Laura Carlson. form to Suggest a Link
- A List Apart (tech notes?)
- Smashing Magazine
- Net Magazine
- OReilly Radar
- WritersUA monthly user assistance update email@example.com contact: Joe W. joe at welinske dot com
- Links for light reading Max Design / Russ Weakley - distributed through Web Standards Group
- Higher Education Web Professionals Association (HighEdWeb)
- International Webmasters Association/HTML Writers Guild (IWA/HWG) Is this still active enough?
- Web Design and Developers Association
- Web Industry Professionals Association Incorporated (WIPA) of Australia
- World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)
Web Accessibility focused
Lists & Misc:
- LinkedIn Groups - Jennison A.
- The WebAIM Email Discussion List
- Knowbility Blog, Universally Designed - posters: Sharron, Wayne
- Accessibility India Maxability blog accessibilityindia @ gmail.com
- Do It Myself Blog - Glenda Watson-Hyatt
- Nomensa's Humanizing Technology Blog - Léonie W (has contact info: Jennifer, Shawn)
- accessiWatch v0.1 (2011) (Denis B.)
- The Paciello Group Blog (Tech Notes?)
- STC Accessibility Sig
- [http://www.coataccess.org Coalition of Organizations for Accessible Technology
- Helen Walsh - Diverse Disability Media - DDM - <diversedisabilitymedia @ comcast.[basketball___]>
Organizations that have blogs, newsletters, lists, etc.:
- Disability.Gov - Disability.Gov (has contact info: George)
- Institute for Human Centered Design (IHCD) - Jennifer O. (has contact info: Shawn)
- American Foundation for the Blind - Paul S. (has contact info: Jennifer, Shawn)
- Royal National Institute for the Blind (has contact info: Vicki)
- NFB Technology Access Blog - Mark R & Clara V (has contact info: Jennifer, Shawn)
- The American Council of the Blind - Melanie B. (has contact info: Jennifer)
- Visionaware - ?name (has contact info: Jennifer)
- San Francisco Lighthouse - ?name (has contact info: Jennifer)
- Podcast - Assistive Technology Update produced by Easter Seals indata Indiana Assistive Technology Act: The publication is "AT Update" and consists of Fast-paced news, tips, and interviews for AT professionals and enthusiasts. While services are provided throughout Indiana, information seems wide-ranging. Here's the Contact page.
- LF Legal [especially for policies and standards harmonization)
- HeadStar E-Access Live and E-Access Bulletin - Dan J. (has contact info: Jennifer, Shawn)
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) (has contact info: Vicki)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribed: Jennifer)
- VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG 285 members (subscribed: Jennifer)
Miscellaneous Items That Need Closer Review/Consideration
- See if any of these blogs seem worth hand-picking
- See if any of these associations seem worth targeting
Ideas for columns
- Mobile & accessibility overlap, how WAI's guidelines cover "mobile accessibility", cool new work on IndieUI
- Difference between ARIA & accessibility
- Using the Before and After Demonstration to understand and teach accessibility
- Encouraging your authoring tool to meet ATAG, in order to make your life easier!
- What is accessibility with future-oriented stuff
- How WAI guidelines relates to other things in the world
- Accessible gaming
- Accessibility fuels innovation (e.g., many of the features of your mobile phone were initially developed for people with disabilities - including the phone itself ages ago!)
- Why & How to Make Presentations Accessible to All