Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Weekly Teleconference

07 September 2022


Fredrik, janina, matatk, nadine, PaulG
Becky, Gottfried, Irfan, Todd

Meeting minutes

yakim, open next item

Agenda Review & Announcements

matatk: Next meeting on the 28th September.

matatk: FPWD of MM is out!

janina: There is a question if we linked to the spreadhseet that was supplied. I would regard it as an editorial fix that should be possible to push.

MichaelC: I could republish, although I don't know how that could have happened.

MichaelC: I may be able to fix this in place.

janina: The Adapt CR won't be published before TPAC. Working on that score with a meeting during TPAC scheduled.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MichaelC: Zip.

A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

MichaelC: Skipping ahead... a complicated issue...

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MichaelC: A couple.

VISS version 2 - Core

<MichaelC> - tracking: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/VISS_version_2_-_Core

<MichaelC> - tr: https://www.w3.org/TR/viss2-core/

<MichaelC> - request: https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/38

<MichaelC> Planning CR end of September, we have open activity on it

MichaelC: Explicit review requests.

MichaelC: VISS V2 Core.

MichaelC: They are planning to go to CR at the end of the month.

janina: It's not immediately coming to mind who might review this.

janina: I'm looking for someone to generate AURs for vehicular a11y. A long commitment. A candidate for that position may be able to do this review.

janina: I will send said candidate the URL.

matatk: Just making certain> they want to go to CR by the end of September (or perhaps at).

VISS version 2-Transport

<MichaelC> - tracking: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/VISS_version_2-Transport

<MichaelC> - tr: https://www.w3.org/TR/viss2-transport/

<MichaelC> - request: https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/38

MichaelC: They requested a final review of VISS V2 Transport as well.

<MichaelC> Planning CR end of September, we previously decided not to review

MichaelC: We looked at it and said we didn't need to.

janina: We can sign off on it now.

MichaelC: I wil update their review comment.

janina: What about "Sometimes" in WCAG 2.2?

TPAC22 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022

matatk: We have 16 meetings and it will be awesome!

janina: The first one was yesterday.

matatk: It's a little like the olympics (we started the events before the opening ceremony). It was a great meeting.

matatk: Keep checking the wiki. The official W3C calendar has the same infofrmation if you can use it.

matatk: I am putting in meeting spaces *coordinates, IRC, Yoom...( for all the meetings until next Monday into the wiki. You can use the calendaring tool as well.

<matatk> Breakout proposals so far (mostly public and free): https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2022/SessionIdeas - note that the final timetable will be on the TPAC site, not this wiki.

<matatk> Registration info: https://www.w3.org/2022/09/TPAC/registration.html

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

matatk: I reviewed the CSS color module level 5. We didn't have any concerns about the spec but we did about the presentation of the document.

matatk: We had a CFC and agreed to post some comments which included improvements particularly about potentially triggering color names.

<matatk> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/29#issuecomment-1236389445

matatk: You can track the progress of the issues.

matatk: The CSS team has really taken to these suggestiosn inspite of it being the last week before TPAC.

Task Force & Deliverables Updates

matatk: Maturity MOdel has had its FPWD which is a gigantic milestone.

matatk: Adapt hasn't got their CR out yet but the people who can help us do that are on it with us.

janina: What we need to do is to put everything tag/related into a timeline.

Spoken Presentation

PaulG: Last minute prep for TPAC today.

janina: A couple of meetings seet up during TPAC as well.

Other Business

matatk: We have a user caled github here. Might we find out what that means on TPAC?

matatk: As said, next meeting is September 28th. Please register for TPAC virtually if you like and/or the breakouts as well.

matatk: Thanks everyone for our collective world-changing work!

be done

rrsagent make minutes

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 192 (Tue Jun 28 16:55:30 2022 UTC).


Succeeded: s|- tracking:|- tracking: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/VISS_version_2-Transport|

Succeeded: s/like the olympics/like the olympics (we started the events before the opening ceremony)/

Maybe present: MichaelC