Registration and payment
Registration is closed.
Note that due to logistics reasons, we strongly discourage
onsite registration. Please make sure you register beforehand.
We will deny attendees who do not agree with the following commitments:
- I will take necessary precautions while attending TPAC 2022,
including complying with all COVID-related requirements that apply
to the event venue or that are otherwise communicated to me.
- I agree to wear a mask at all times in the TPAC venue when not consuming food or beverages as required by W3C.
- I agree to take a COVID rapid antigen test each day before attending an in-person event if W3C provides test kits and agree not to attend in-person events for the remainder of TPAC if the test results indicate the attendee is likely to have COVID. (W3C intend to provide COVID rapid antigen test kits each day to meeting attendees.)
Payment is the last step of the registration process. Your registration is not confirmed until payment has been made.
For in-person participation, all TPAC participants are expected to comply with the health & safety requirements. Please carefully read the rules to enter Canada as well as the on-site W3C rules.
Need help? Please contact email@example.com
The fees will help W3C to partially offset some of the costs. In order to ensure a good quality of both the remote and in-person participation, we are investing substantially in the AC equipment.
As payments will be received by our European Host, ERCIM, the fees are displayed in EUR, however attendees will be able to pay in their own currency.
The below fee rates enable participation for the entire week’s events. There is no per-day rate for TPAC 2022.
The fees for participant, observer and guest are as follows:
- Important: We advise people to confirm their meeting registration and payment before making flight arrangements.
Participation fee waiver
We understand that not everyone can afford the TPAC registration fee for a variety of reasons and we do not want any of these to be a barrier to participation. For that reason, we make available an unlimited number of fee waivers to remote and onsite participants. The fee waiver operates on a trust basis, making no checks on eligibility. If you are planning to participate in-person or remotely and cannot afford the registration fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to benefit from the fee waiver before filling in the registration form.
Modification, cancellation and refund
We will allow people to switch their registration from on-site to remote, and vice versa, while retaining the same class of registration. (I.e., an early bird on-site will convert to an early bird remote, and vice versa).
Please contact email@example.com to modify your registration and adjust the fees.
If you need to cancel your registration to the event, the cancellation fees will be waived and the whole amount will be refunded.
To modify or cancel your registration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion Fund and Honorarium
Sponsors this year are W3C, Igalia and an anonymous donor.
60% of the world is now online. We want and need to reflect the diversity of the whole world as more people continue to access, use and create the web. Because more diversity means better representation, which leads to better and more inclusive design, and brings higher quality results.
The Fund aims to help remove barriers for people from a group that is under-represented in the web community, who are unable to attend TPAC without financial help, and who want to attend or contribute to TPAC in a meaningful way.
Expand the list of examples of what the Inclusion Fund might help cover
- Technology to participate more effectively online
- Child care (or care for a relative)
- Co-working space if you don’t have room at your office or home
- Travel to TPAC
- Costs associated with in-person attendance
A Honorarium of US$ 500 will be awarded to 3-5 TPAC fellows to support those members of TPAC who may not have the wider support from their organisation to dedicate to W3C goals. The Honorarium compensates work done outside of their work to contribute to TPAC in a meaningful way. Contributions can be on any topic that is appropriate for TPAC, and don’t specifically have to focus on diversity.
Expand the list of examples of what the Honorarium Fellowship might compensate
- Running a breakout session
- Writing documentation or tests
- Preparing documents such as explainers or drafts for discussion
- Reviewing a group’s work and preparing comments for discussion
Applications open between 15 July and 31 July 2022. Awarding to be done by 5 August 2022.
If you have any question, or if your organization or yourself wishes to become a sponsor, please write to email@example.com.