Venue and accommodation
1000 Burrard Street
Tel: +1 604-331-1000
W3C has arranged a block of guest rooms for TPAC attendees at the Sheraton Wall Centre hotel. September is a busy month in Vancouver. Hotels often sell out by mid summer.
SOLD OUT Nights / Sheraton availability as of 8 August:
- W3C block: Sold out 9, 10, 11, and 16 September. There is still availability on 12 (1 room), 13 (2 rooms), 14 (5 rooms), and 15 September (3 rooms) (check out would be 16 September).
- Sheraton: Sold out 11, 12 September, close to sell out on 13 and 15 September. Market rates are running CA $400-$499 per night plus applicable taxes.
UPDATE 10 August: W3C secured a discount through 19 August at Residence Inn Vancouver Down. See Residence Inn details.
Guest room rate: CA $259 plus 17.5% taxes to total CA $304. Group rate is available from Saturday, 10 September through Friday, 16 September and is subject to availability. A deposit equal to one night's stay will be required for each room at the time it is reserved in order to hold the guest's reservation. Currency converter.
Booking method: Please use the Sheraton's guestroom booking link below (preferred booking method).
You may also email Sheraton reservations or call direct at +1 604-331-1000. Meeting name: MIT World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) TPAC 2022.
Deadline: The group rate will be available through Friday, 19 August 2022, 17:00 pacific time. After 19 August, reservations will be accepted on a space-available basis, at current market rates.
Cancellation policy: Cancel 72 hours prior to arrival (check-in time) to avoid one (1) night penalty.
Meeting Hotel: W3C has organized a competitive guest room rate. In order to meet guest room quotas (and avoid attrition charges), we kindly ask that meeting attendees stay at the meeting hotel if feasible.
Inn Vancouver Downtown
1234 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1W2
+1 604 688 1234
W3C has secured a discount rate for TPAC attendees through 19 August. Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown (Marriott) is a 5 minute walk from the Sheraton Wall Centre. The discount is available from 10-17 September at a rate of CA$269 plus applicable taxes = CA$318.92 per night (Taxes: 5% gst, 8% pst, 3% hotel tax and 1.5% destination marketing). We advise booking as soon as possible to secure your guest room.
Residence Inn Booking Link.
At this stage, hotels in Vancouver are approaching full capacity. Rates are high with the hotels that still have availability for 9-18 September 2022.
See information about Vancouver International Airport.
Travel documents to Canada
Find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada.
If you need an invitation letter, please send your request to email@example.com and provide the information stated on the Government of Canada.
Reducing trip disruption
The airline industry in 2022 has experienced persistent issues with airport congestion and delayed or canceled flights. The following guidance may help reduce the chance of your travel being disrupted:
- Make your entry to Canada in Vancouver if possible. If you go through customs in another airport, delays could cause you to miss your connecting flight to Vancouver.
- Plan at least 3 hours between connecting flights to allow for airport backlogs.
- Travel early in the day if possible, as backlogs can become worse over the course of the day.
- If possible, plan to arrive a day early to allow for severe travel disruption.
- Book refundable and changeable flights if possible, and actively monitor changes and cancellations from airlines.
- Take a rapid antigen test before your departure test before your departure, as you would have to isolate for the week if you test positive after arrival.
More than 500 licensed taxis currently serve the airport, including wheelchair accessible taxis.
Taxis are a quick and easy way to get to and from Vancouver International Airport. Taxis are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Taxis charge a metered rate based on time and distance. The approximate fare to downtown Vancouver is between CAD $32–$35 (taxes included). No reservations are required for mini-vans or wheelchair accessible taxis. Let the curbside staff know your needs and they will get the right vehicle.
The Canada Line is Vancouver's new rapid transit rail link connecting YVR to downtown Vancouver in 26 minutes and to downtown Richmond in 18 minutes. It is a fast and easy way to get to the city centers. You can conveniently access trains from both the International and Domestic Terminals.
More information to come soon.
Here is a list of recommended
restaurants with outdoor options.
W3C is regrettably not in a position to provide childcare at TPAC 2022 for financial priorities and insurance reasons. However we have assembled information about possible options. We can put interested parents in contact so they can hire a babysitter together. If you are interested, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the number of children and ages.
The Sheraton Wall Centre provided Nannies on Call as a local source in Vancouver for arranging childcare. Their by-appointment babysitting service is designed for families who only need occasional childcare in-home, at your Airbnb, or hotel.
Contact Nannies on call directly. Please carefully review all details and terms and conditions associated with their services.
- Getting started - Book a Nanny (requires account setup)
- Member subscription and Nanny rates
- Covid-19 Health and Safety Policies
- Common Questions
Mains power in Canada is 120 V at 60 Hz. Power plugs are of type A (two prongs) and type B (third prong for ground). These are the same plugs and same voltage as the United States.