W3C

– DRAFT –
Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 October 2021

Attendees

Present
anevins, becky, Fazio, IanPouncey, janina, JF, Jonny_James, Lionel_Wolberger, mike_beganyi, PaulG
Regrets
Gottfried_Zimmerman
Chair
Becky
Scribe
janina

Meeting minutes

<Fredrik> present├č

https://www.w3.org/2003/08/system-status.html

Agenda Review & Announcements

<becky> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Sep/0015.html - NAUR cfc

<becky> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Sep/0014.html - remote meetings cfc

TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021

becky: Notes Breakouts are accepted through Friday

becky: Notes Personalization added a request; we have several

<becky> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2021/GroupMeetings#Joint_Group_meetings

<becky> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2021/SessionIdeas#Proposed_sessions

becky: Notes we're still working on joint group meetings for the second week

janina: Notes APA will not meet during TPAC

Task Force Updates

paul: Pronunciation planning another WD with edits

paul: also planning for TPAC

david: Nothing from COGA

jf: Personalization 2nd and 3rd modules have been restyled to follow the new format in Module 1 and the Explainer

becky: Notes we still have an i18n issue

<Fazio> yes

janina: Notes upcoming discussion proposed for COGA and RQTF

david: Notes some issues arising

jf: What's the remediation?

david: personalization!

david: sometimes content is emotionally driven

janina: Notes conversation in RQTF this morning

janina: Reminds David to remind COGA to get agenda to RQTF

FAST Update

janina: Notes conversation from last week on possible overlap in Silver work and APA. Please check last week's APA minutes ...

janina: and also Silver Friday mtg minutes

josh: Notes architectural discussion growing out of FAST conversations to provide a framework

Joshue108: FAST meetings Tuesdays at 9AM Eastern

Alt at W3C and at WHAT-WG

<Fredrik> I'd love to.

<Fredrik> Sorry, mic is dead.

<becky> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/images.html#alt

<Fredrik> Probably, but please remind me.

<Fredrik> Thanks!

jf: I looked ...

jf: Don't find a problem, really

jf: Believe they've done a pretty decent job

<Fredrik> Can't focus on two things at once, sorry. Will get back on the list when the meeting is over. Okay?

jf: Key take away -- John reads -- not significant

<Fredrik> John: it still surfaces now and then and has been the basis of a lot of webinars lately.

[people noting a Steve Faulkner doc -- wonders if still in W3 space]

jf: Notes the W3 snapshot is hard to find, it's a redirect to what-wg

becky: Last WD 2012

<JF> some background to HTML5 and image alt text: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Text_Alternatives

<JF> Faulkner's original note (retired): https://www.w3.org/TR/html-alt-techniques/

<becky> https://www.w3.org/TR/2021/NOTE-html53-20210128/

<Fredrik> Do we have any connections in the WHATWG to talk to on this?

janina: raises question for periodic review -- should be against most recent snapshot

<Fazio> LOL

<Fredrik> I meant more on the diffs and what to compare to.

Epub 3.3 Reviews

becky: notes some people have signed up for reviews?

<Fredrik> Still working on it, will post review on the list before next Wednesday.

becky: Any reports yet? Also,

<Fredrik> Do we need three of us on the EPUB 3.3?

andrew: Has been working with Mike on 1.1 and have filed in github; issued being addressed

<Fredrik> Same here.

janina: asks if anything major?

mike: not really

<Lionel_Wolberger> Says to John: can you paste again the Steve image alt link?

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

<becky> Faulkner's original note (retired): https://www.w3.org/TR/html-alt-techniques/

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

[crickets]

<Fredrik> The main EPUB.

<Fredrik> You and me, Janina.

Excellent!

<Fredrik> Not at all.

Other Business

becky: Reminds people to track TPAC meetings schedule and make plans to attend the ones of interest

becky: Important and especially for APA

<Fredrik> Thanks everyone!

<Fredrik> See you all!

be done

<Fredrik> Short andsweet.

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).

Diagnostics

Succeeded: s/What's the mediation/What's the remediation

Maybe present: andrew, david, josh, Joshue108, mike, paul