Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

14 July 2021


amy_c, becky, janina, JF, JonnyJames, Joshue, Lionel_Wolberger, mike_beganyi, NeilS, paul_grenier

Meeting minutes

<becky> regrets, Gottfried Zimmerman

Agenda Review & Announcements

becky: The video on media queries is up.

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/video-examples

janina: open call for consensus on media hints

TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2021/GroupMeetings

<becky> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Jul/0004.html for cfc

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020

becky: Task force leaders and facilitators, make sure you are prioritizing this task preparing for TPAC

<becky> use this link for 2021

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021

MichaelC: The standard TPAC page is not up yet.

becky: WebRTC has put up meetings, so we should schedule

Task Force Updates

janina: In Research Questions, Jason and Josh are closing on XAUR and should reach CFC soon
… Synchronization doc is moving towards FPWD target Sept/Oct
… likely to not find much research on time needed for sign language interpreters, for example

paul_grenier: Pronunciation is looking at the feedback, and starting to plan TPAC

Lionel_Wolberger: Lisa gave a backgrounder to the new members of Personalization, very helpful on how it originated in ARIA and its aims
… as we focus on getting to CR and planning TPAC

becky: The Lisa backgrounder might be useful to more people, let's consider transcribing it

Lionel_Wolberger: We will see the video when it arrives, and advise if it is ready to share as-is.

JF: Found an issue with W3C Git

Lionel_Wolberger: Lionel_Wolberger asks JF, can you put the precise issue in IRC -- I didn't catch it

FAST Progress

<JF> Currently W3C is experiencing issues with publishing 'updates' to https://w3c.github.io - PLH is working on the fix

Joshue108: Got loads of feedback, waiting to process it
… will get back when we have digested it

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/2021/webauthn-2021.html

MichaelC: Web Authentication charter.

becky: Looks good, as we are listed as a group to coordinate with.

becky: Objections? None.

Accessibility Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3315

MichaelC: CSS Scroll bars can be closed.

becky: Looks good, group agrees.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-glossary/

MichaelC: Does APA have input to a glossary?

janina: Watch for sign languages, symbolic languages,

MichaelC: Well taken: those are not in it

becky: The accessibility of the glossary itself needs attention-- no headings

janina: AAC?
… the formal for symbolic languages

becky: I stand corrected: there are headings

MichaelC: They are not using sections for the alphabetical letter headings, and so the letters do not appear

MichaelC: If they saw fit to add letters, they should mark them up properly

becky: It seems, in the spirit of WCAG: they made something easy for sighted users, they may as well make that access available to people relying on a screen reader

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/9

<MichaelC> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/

NeilS: A mail was sent regarding an update of the agreement

Action: Lionel_Wolberger to review i18n glossary for APA input

<trackbot> Error finding 'Lionel_Wolberger'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

Action: amy_c to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)

<trackbot> Error finding 'amy_c'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

becky: We could look at the living standard

<MichaelC> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/

MichaelC: The agreement with WHATWG is that they maintain living documents, but W3C can periodically receive a set copy to respond to.

Action: carny to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)

<trackbot> Error finding 'carny'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

Action: lwolberg to review i18n glossary for APA input

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2298 - Review i18n glossary for apa input [on Lionel Wolberger - due 2021-07-21].

Action: Carney to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2299 - Review html review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/) [on Amy Carney - due 2021-07-21].

CSS Update (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/3

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5710#issuecomment-840772752

amy_c: CSS color adjust asked for APA perspective on fingerprinting
… fingerprinting can force exposure of colors

amy_c: ... propose that APA doesn't have add'l input here

becky: APA may comment: the group seems to have resolved the issue and APA has nothing further to add

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-review/issues/79

becky: APA believes the group has resolved the issues, and APA is satisfied with their conclusion.

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Active

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2295

Lionel_Wolberger: 2295 is closed.

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2272

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/42

<janina> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

amy_c: I can close 2272

Summary of action items

  1. Lionel_Wolberger to review i18n glossary for APA input
  2. amy_c to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)
  3. carny to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)
  4. lwolberg to review i18n glossary for APA input
  5. Carney to review HTML review draft (https://html.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2021-01/)
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).


Succeeded: s/dad/add

Maybe present: Joshue108, MichaelC