Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

22 Jul 2020


janina, becky, irfan, Matthew_Atkinson, JF


<scribe> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson

Agenda Review & Announcements

APA Rechartering

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

Janina: Requesting lists of groups with whom our TFs would like to meet. Irfan (Pronounciation) has sent a list so far.

Irfan, Janina: making good progress in the Pronounciation TF, including industry feedback.

Task Force Updates

Janina: RQTF is working on mapping (regarding workshop) and WebRTC is making good progress also.

FAST Progress

Josh: *is away after this week until the 10th*

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<becky> https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-permissions-policy/

<MichaelC> Permissions Policy

Michael, Janina, JF, Becky: Agree that some review of this is needed.

JF: Should some aspects (e.g. ARIA) be out of scope with respect to what can be disabled?

Janina, Michael: *agrees - we need to check what is in/out of scope*

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Permissions Policy https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2262 - Review permissions policy https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-07-29].

<MichaelC> action-2262: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Permissions_Policy

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2262 Review permissions policy https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/.

<MichaelC> Permissions

Michael: We should review this also.

<MichaelC> action-2262: Also review Permissions https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions/

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2262 Review permissions policy https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions-policy-1/.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

Gottfried: *sent an email to APA list about CSS Media Queries Level 5* Suggests that we work on 5 and present our work on that to the group at TPAC.
... they have useful properties; need use cases (including from us).

Janina: Perhaps some of the Silver use cases could be relevant?

Gottfried: e.g. timeout
... *Plans to set up a page in the Wiki to track use cases*

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2189 (Janina; browser fingerprinting)

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2186 (review of UI events)

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/uievents/


<MichaelC> close action-2186

<trackbot> Closed action-2186.

<MichaelC> action-2151 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2151 Review permissions https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions/ due date to 2020-07-29.

<MichaelC> close action-2148

<trackbot> Closed action-2148.

<MichaelC> action-2145 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2145 Ping review on long tasks api 1 due date to 2021-01-22.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP3/

Michael: We had a question about whether bookmarklets, which could be used for accessibility purposes, could be blocked. Extensions are not blocked, but the spec is ambiguous about bookmarklets.

<MichaelC> action-2131 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2131 Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) due date to 2020-07-29.

<MichaelC> action-2131: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Content_Security_Policy_Level_3

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2131 Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly request (not xss).


<MichaelC> close action-1229

<trackbot> Closed action-1229.


Janina: Michael: *will raise this*

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Community Groups Tracking https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Attempts are afoot to reboot the Web Games community group (<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-games/2020Jul/0000.html>). I am planning to join as an interested person (and suggest that accessibility be explicitly covered in their charter). The charter review concludes this week. Happy to be an official connection to APA if you like.

<Joshue108> +1 that Matthew

Michael: Please ask them about being a liaison for APA.

Will do :-)

<Joshue108> Go Matthew :-)

Other Business

Amy: *is working through the issues on GitHub* Happy to review CSS Transforms Module Level 2.
... *Highlights this issue:* https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/39

*General agreement in APA that this is an issue and in-scope for the CSS WG*

Amy: This issue - https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/1 - has now been covered in the spec, so should we close it?

Gottfried: Let's check that it has been completely covered.

<janina> Challenges version of this conversation is at:

<janina> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/1209

RRSAgent make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review Permissions Policy https://www.w3.org/TR/permissions-policy-1/

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/22 16:58:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, becky, irfan, Matthew_Atkinson, JF
Present: janina becky irfan Matthew_Atkinson JF
Found Scribe: Matthew_Atkinson
Inferring ScribeNick: Matthew_Atkinson
Found Date: 22 Jul 2020
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]