Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

05 Feb 2020


janina, Becka11y, Matthew_Atkinson, JF, irfan


<scribe> scribe: JF

Agenda Review & Announcements

JS: nothing extrodinary

MA: anybody going to CSUN? Any planned meetnigs?

JS: good question - propose going around the room...
... scheduled to arrive Sunday, leaving Wed for Silver

MA: arriving on Saturday, leaving the following Saturday

BG: not going

JF arriving Sunday, departing Sturday

MC: arriving sunday, there all week

Irfan: arriving Sunday, leaving Saturday

<irfan> s/Irfan: ariving monday, leaving saturday/

JF: Likes the idea of a breakfast meeting

JO: arrives Sunday, leaves Friday. Likes breakfast idea

JS: anybody not staying at Marriott?

or Hilton?

JF: Proposes Cora's (about 3 blocks away)

<scribe> ACTION: JF to scope out breakfast locations

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2232 - Scope out breakfast locations [on John Foliot - due 2020-02-12].

JS: any other news?

MA: a MS browser now runs on Mac

first time in 15 years

and on Windows, the new MS browser supports high-contrast mode

JS: first build of Edge with Blink?

MA: yes

Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications

JS: a couple of news items

have started to fill out the "what shold we achieve" document

Personalization is working on this, Pronunciation still hasn't started

populating the wiki page

JS: also published the Personalization (3 docs)
... Michael is getting XAUR ready to publish - in hand
... stacked up but not ready is a doc on RTC, and we still owe manu some use-cases for verifiable work
... Pronunciation is moving forward, may get an update on ITAI

Coga is also looking at something they call captions as well

JF: may be related to bullet chat I aqm still reviewing

Irfan: no call today, but finalizing documents for publication. shooting for end of month (on track)

ATIA - good discussion with vendors, but anticipate a better 'report' next week

JS: M Cooper will be gone for a bit (vacation)

wil have a slight impact on pubishing while he is gone

JO: that likely means the Accessible RTC UR will push to Michael

s return

JS: anone elswe?

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MC: no new charters on the way. There is a workshop on bundling interactive content on the web that may be of interest

<MichaelC> W3C Workshop on Bundling Interactive Media Content on the Web

JS: very early, no date or location determined yet

Primary goal is to gather up interested folks

looking for a11y in the mix

MC: may want to participate, but at this time details are vague

JS: when hearing interact and a11y, first think of games, etc. but is an extended text description interactive?

MC: good question. They seem to also be focused on XR, so there is overlap

JS: suspect that some of what is in MAUR and XAUR will be relevant
... we should monitor and then see what if anything we can /shoud do

MC: Judy mentioned another group (Maps), need more details...

JS: Judy should chat with APH - they have prior experience - Larry Skutchan

MC: notes a bullet point on spacial identification

Workshop scheduled for June - we should monitor

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: 4

include personalization so...

MC: the other 3 are all from Media WG

all FPWD

<MichaelC> Media Capabilities

MC: provides APIs to provide optimum content to best match user config

JS: interested in reviewing perhaps JF too

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Media Capabilities https://www.w3.org/TR/media-capabilities/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2233 - Review media capabilities https://www.w3.org/tr/media-capabilities/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-02-12].

API should also expose available multiple caption tracks, and a whole slew of other reqs from MAUR

<MichaelC> action-2233: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Capabilities

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2233 Review media capabilities https://www.w3.org/tr/media-capabilities/.

<MichaelC> Media Session Standard

<MichaelC> ACTION: JF to review Media Session Standard https://www.w3.org/TR/mediasession/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2234 - Review media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/ [on John Foliot - due 2020-02-12].

<MichaelC> action-2234: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Session_Standard

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2234 Review media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/.

<MichaelC> Picture-in-Picture

[discussion about Media WG, and chairs. Discussing go forward ides]

BG: volunteers for P in P

<MichaelC> ACTION: Becky to review Picture in Picture https://www.w3.org/TR/picture-in-picture/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2235 - Review picture in picture https://www.w3.org/tr/picture-in-picture/ [on Becky Gibson - due 2020-02-12].

<MichaelC> action-2235: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Picture-in-Picture

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2235 Review picture in picture https://www.w3.org/tr/picture-in-picture/.

MC: Media WG hs created a bunch of new work for us...

JS: went from not busy to busy

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> action-2231?

<trackbot> action-2231 -- John Foliot to Investigate bullet chatting and report back next week -- due 2020-02-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2231

action 2230?


<trackbot> action-2230 -- Joshue O Connor to Work on status section update etc in rtc -- due 2020-02-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2230


<trackbot> action-2229 -- Joshue O Connor to Write twitter blurb -- due 2020-02-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2229


<trackbot> action-2228 -- Joshue O Connor to Make sure to update status to show that xaur intends to be a working group note -- due 2020-02-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2228

<MichaelC> action-2225?

<trackbot> action-2225 -- Janina Sajka to Review webauthn level 2 https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/ -- due 2019-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2225

MC: these are all on Josh

JS: let him deal with
... two reasons to look at this, including Silver-related, but not yet done

<MichaelC> action-2224?

<trackbot> action-2224 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.2 https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/ -- due 2019-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2224

JS: gave us a review, not sure of status at this time

MC: Gottfried responded on Jan 22 - perhaps we need to wait for him

<MichaelC> action-2220?

<trackbot> action-2220 -- Janina Sajka to Add accessible receipting to the accessibility statement for payments -- due 2019-11-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2220

JS: I need to respond.. not sure how/what. Will return to this

<MichaelC> action-2218?

<trackbot> action-2218 -- Joshue O Connor to Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/ -- due 2019-11-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2218

<MichaelC> action-2219?

<trackbot> action-2219 -- John Foliot to Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/ -- due 2019-11-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2219

JF & JO: huh?

no record of why we wanted to review this

JF: can we toss this to RQTF?

JS: perhaps..

<MichaelC> action-2217?

<trackbot> action-2217 -- Michael Cooper to Review css containment module level 2 -- due 2019-10-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2217

<MichaelC> action-2216?

<trackbot> action-2216 -- Matthew Atkinson to Review webxr gamepads module - level 1 -- due 2019-11-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2216

MA: done. one outstanding question

have reviewed as far as we can - not sure who we should ask for more clarity

MC: published by Immersive Web WG

JS: can you forward your question to them?

MA: wanted to do thta, do we know where?

JS: yes

MC: it's in the document - immersive web wg

MA: email on Jan 22, 2020

MC: leave action open . MA to forward question to that group and will await response

<MichaelC> close action-2215

<trackbot> Closed action-2215.

MA: is Josh happy for me to take this

(likely no objection)

MA: should APA also ask for normal game[pad controllers be in scope?

JO: yes MA, plese go for it

the whole thing is kind of meta - so we need to hear from them. Ask IW WG for clarity (and standard gamecontrollers too)

+1 to more data

<MichaelC> close action-2206

<trackbot> Closed action-2206.

BG: did look at whitepaper - put non-specific comment in wiki. They do have an a11y statement, and working with Roy . Suggest we just moniotr for now

JS: do we want a ping on that later?

BG: this is a Community Group - seems very active in China

<MichaelC> close action-2214

<trackbot> Closed action-2214.

JS: Judy feels having Roy moniotr is appropriate
... any other new business? WE also need to start talkng about planning for 2020
... I believe we need to upgrade our web presence at W3.org

some of the content needs a refresh/review

MA: and we need more feedback - I have some

JS: if anyone has found any confusing content, speak up

[directed at Christos, but relevant for all]

JO: huge +1 Would be happy to help (as time permits)

JS: the need will never go away

JO: it's important to have an accessible message (small a) so that others know what we do

it would also show we are active and dynamic

JS & JO: agreeing on perception of 'active' WG

APA's Goals for 2020 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/APA_priorities_2020

Other Business

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Becky to review Picture in Picture https://www.w3.org/TR/picture-in-picture/
[NEW] ACTION: janina to review Media Capabilities https://www.w3.org/TR/media-capabilities/
[NEW] ACTION: JF to review Media Session Standard https://www.w3.org/TR/mediasession/
[NEW] ACTION: JF to scope out breakfast locations

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/02/05 18:00:00 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wek/week/
FAILED: s/Irfan: ariving monday, leaving saturday//
Succeeded: s/JF & JS/JF & JO/
Default Present: janina, Becka11y, Matthew_Atkinson, JF, irfan
Present: janina Becka11y Matthew_Atkinson JF irfan
Regrets: Gottfried
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Found Date: 05 Feb 2020
People with action items: becky janina jf

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]