From Dataset Exchange Working Group

Agenda Tuesday 27 August 2019 20:00 UTC (in your time zone)


Chair: Kcoyle

regrets+ PWinstanley, RiccardoAlbertoni, Makx, Annette (also next week), AndreaPerego

Reminding attendees to put Present+ <nickname>

Reminding chairs to put Regrets+

I. Appoint Scribe

II. Approve August 20th meeting minutes

III. Check who is on IRC and WebEx

DCAT Update

See: Steps to Recommendation

When will be ready for final vote?


See: Steps to Recommendation

Need date for working group review!

Reopening Profile Guidance and PROF vocabulary

Profile Guidance

Status so far : Working Draft

Poll results

  • Reopen yes 10 / no 1
  • Will do work yes 5/ no 6
  • Note 10 / stop work 1

Immediate needs:

Profiles Vocabulary

Status so far : 2nd PWD

Poll results

  • Reopean yes 11 / no 0
  • Willing to do work yes 4/ no 7
  • Rec track 7 / note 4

Immediate needs:

  • Group formation (Doodle poll) and meeting times
  • Chair(s)
  • Address feedback from FPWD 33 open
  • Strategy to address remaining open issues 58 open
  • Develop list of substantive issues and comments that need to be addressed (may take digging through long, complex github issues :-()

Pull Requests of the week - for information only

List here merges of note. (Purely editorial changes - of which there were quite a few - not included)

Deliverable Pull Title Pull Link Note
CNEG Conneg Definitions
CNEG Conformance profiles Section about "functional profiles" and "data profiles"
CNEG Conneg action 343 Re-write of QSA section

All other CNEG changes were editorial. Pending/active PRs for CNEG are at (most of them waiting for Nick's affiliation to be updated so that he can merge).

All other DCAT changes were editorial and can be listed at

Pending/active PRs for DCAT 2 are at

Issues marked "due for closing" - for information only

These to be closed by next Friday (CET) unless requested otherwise noted. Please use github to get involved/comment

Deliverable Issue Title Issue Link Note
Profiles Vocab Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41) #279 UCR
Profiles Vocab Complete the information transfer from previous HTML doc #406 ncar
Profiles Vocab Determine how to reference ResourceRole vocab #452 ncar
Profiles Vocab profile ontology: rdfs:Class vs owl:Class inconsistency between turtle and document #483 riccardo
Profiles Vocab Update Roles vocab and publish W3C styling #535 ncar
Profiles Vocab Create a use case and requirement for "central" authoritative validation rules #597 aisaac
Profiles Vocab Remove prof:BaseSpecification #641 Andrea
Profiles Vocab Specify the semantics of prof:isTransitiveProfileOf wrt prof:isProfileOf #644 aisaac
Profiles Vocab Update all example RDF and image files #658 ncar
Profiles Vocab Visual clues in Figures 3 and 4 #689 kamhayfung
CNEG Web browser navigation of profile information #239
CNEG Enable the ability to negotiate the data profile via http, similar to the negotiation of data formats today. [ID30] (5.30) #265
CNEG Query string implementation of profile selection #544
CNEG Harmonise Ont/Conneg references and content #551 kcoyle: "Need consensus that this change solves the issue"
CNEG Antoine's conneg doc edits #575
CNEG Map get resource by profile preferencing from abstract to HTTP & QSA #591
CNEG Determine responsibilities for listing available profiles when a redirect is used #603
CNEG create sequence diagram for conneg-by-ap process [1]
CNEG Should a server list all profiles it supports, even those in a hierarchy #932
CNEG CONNEG: Reference to WFS3 #942
CNEG Clarify need for unambiguous profile URIs when compound specifications referenced #1017 Waiting for response from Tom Baker
CNEG Differentiating Functional & Data Profiling in Conneg #1022
CNEG response header if 303 used #1040

Note that the 10 "Profiles Vocab" Issues listed above have been marked "due-for-closing" in all cases for many weeks and in some cases months.

All other "due for closing" DCAT issues are editorial in nature and can be listed at

Checking Open Action items

  • List (LarsG thinks that ACTION-314 can be closed since the the trackbot now monitors all emails going to the public list)

DCAT work

  • move to CR?

Conneg work

  • Update - timetable to PWD3

Profiles Vocab work

  • Editors propose removing ON-HOLD is proposed now
  • Editors call for new meeting times:
    • proposed: immediately before Conneg
    • 11am UTC Thursdays (convert)
  • Editors propose closing a series of old issues
    • see Issues marked "due for closing" above

Closing issues

  • how can we close more issues? e.g. can we chip away at some issues and close them?

Some high volume issues:

Older issues:

Discussed Feb 26, not closed.

  • judicious use of votes in github: propose votes to Peter
    • chairs will organize votes
    • votes will be recorded in next minutes
    • github issues will be closed when votes resolve the issue

Feedback Monitoring Spreadsheet

spreadsheet, not complete yet

Joining instructions: (official participants and invited guests only)

WebEx Details

For text discussions, minutes, joining the speaker queue, actions & issues IRC channel: #dxwg on IRC on port 6667

Please be sure to join both IRC and WebEx and use the same nick in both (or it gets very confusing)

When you join the IRC channel, please immediately type 'present+ {yourname}' (this adds your name to the participants list in the minutes)