Dataset Exchange Working Group (DXWG)
- Use Cases & Requirements
- Guidance on publishing application profiles of vocabularies
- Content Negotiation by Application Profile
Background and reading
- HCLS Community profile
- Data Quality vocabulary
- Dataset Usage vocabulary
- The Smart Data & Smarter Descriptions (SDSVoc) workshop report, in particular the section on content negotiation by application profile.
- DATS - "DATS (DAta Tag Suite), is a data description model designed and developed to describe datasets being ingested in DataMed, a prototype for data discovery developed as part of the NIH Big Data 2 Knowledge bioCADDIE project."
- schema.org's dataset description
- Description Set Profiles: A constraint language for Dublin Core Application Profiles
Related non-W3C vocabularies
- DBpedia DataID
- Force 11's FAIR Principles
- ISO 19115 - Geographic information -- Metadata -- Part 1: Fundamentals - fee payable :-(, but these are open -
Participation in the DXWG is subject to the usual W3C Membership rules. Representatives of Member Organizations should contact their AC Rep to join the WG.
The WG Chairs are Caroline Burle, Nic.br (@carolburle) and Karen Coyle, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (@karencoyle). Staff contact is Phil Archer (@philarcher1). You can e-mail all three at firstname.lastname@example.org