25 Oct 2017


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Uday_Davuluru, Barry_Leiba, Takeshi_Yamada, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Ryuichi_Matsukura
Darko, Matthias


<taki> Scribe: TK

<kaz> scribenick: taki

<scribe> ScribeNick: taki


McCool: Any agenda item suggestion?
... We discussed TPAC.
... Any quick updates?

Kaz: PlugFest logistics

Daniel: Poster issue is not resolved.

McCool: OK. Let's discuss later.

Publication schedule

<kaz> Security schedule

<inserted> TD schedule

McCool: Has all TF published schedules in Wiki?
... Scripting has not posted yet.

Zoltan: It is not easy to tell the schedule at this moment. A lot of discussion is going on.

McCool: People need to work on schedule.

Current Practices

McCool: Matthias was working on Current Practices document.

Daniel: He is currently working on it. How much more work is necessary, I don't know.

TPAC Registration

McCool: PlugFest registration is open till the end of the month.
... 25 people are registered.

<kaz> PlugFest registration results

TPAC Agenda

<kaz> TPAC agenda

McCool: Wednesday, web security, web commerce, we are gonna have joint meetings.
... In afternoon, we focus on Plugfest.
... Web commerce joint meeting is on Thursday.
... Automotive WG joint meeting will be on Monday or Tuesday.

<kaz> (and Auto&Web Platform BG on Thursday)

McCool: Device and sensors WG, we will invite them to PlugFest on Wednesday.

Kaz: Media and entertainment IG, cloud browser TF. There is possibility of them to use servient model. We should have discussion. Cloud browser discussion will be Monday morning. Should invite them on Tuesday. I will continue discussion with them.

McCool: Banner posters.
... We need a template. Matthias was mentioning template.

<kaz> Taki: provided information on a banner poster at a local printing company

<kaz> ... 81cm x 203cm

<kaz> ... almost same as the one for last year

<kaz> ... we can order it online

<kaz> McCool: can get it printed next day?

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to when do we need to hand in posters for printing

<kaz> Taki: will check

Daniel: We first wanted to check whether the old template was OK.
... The size requirement is same as last week.

McCool: Dinner schedule.

Daniel: Monday is out of scope because there is developer meetup.

<kaz> [https://www.w3.org/2017/10/11-wot-minutes.html says "we should create doodle"]

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for dinner (sat vs sun) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-121 - Create a doodle for dinner (sat vs sun) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-11-01].

McCool: Let's do a doodle to decide whether Saturday or Sunday night is good for WoT dinner.
... Plugfest logistics.
... Fujitsu space will be big enough.
... We want to know how big is the room for the actual PlugFest in the hotel.
... Eg. how many tables, etc.
... We also need to collect requirements.
... I will create a template for this.
... Template for each participant to request Power, Space, Network, etc.
... Everybody should fill this table.
... Please go ahead to fill the table.

TF reports

<kaz> TD

<kaz> TD minutes

<kaz> scribenick: kaz

Taki: meeting with JSON-LD 1.1 at TPAC
... SSN Ontology REC
... observable property

McCool: Darko working on semantic annotation
... myself as well

Taki: Darko and Victor can add annotation to TD if people can provide TD beforehand

<inserted> scribenick: taki

TK reported on TD TF call...

<kaz> Scripting

<kaz> Scripting minutes

Zoltan: Several details and some principle are challenged. Dave has some proposal as well.
... Nine issues are on-going.

<kaz> Scripting issues

<zkis> https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues

Zoltan: Here is the link to issues.

McCool: I see issues in implementations.

Zoltan: Node.wot is still usable wrt. the current spec.

Daniel: There is one remaining issue related to some of the issues here. Only a slight difference.

McCool: Is there any description?

Daniel: One minor issue.
... All capabilities are implemented. Please take a look.

McCool: If we have description of the issue, that would be great.

Daniel: OK. I will do.

McCool: Thanks

<inserted> Binding

McCool: Binding templates call was skipped this week.

<inserted> Binding pull request 9

Koster: I made a pull request for HTML version.
... This is ready for review.
... Big issues are already rolled in.
... What I am showing now is my branch version.
... I still have identity issue. Please fix this.

McCool: Can Kaz repair this?
... You need to link up your two accounts. Github and W3C.

Kaz: We need to tie two accounts using repository manager, and provide a link for that purpose

Koster: I can check into it.
... Next, I want to describe TD examples.
... I will add that some time today.

McCool: Please let us know when you are ready.
... Let's merge as soon as possible.

<inserted> Security

McCool: Security TF. We had some decisions made.
... We have release candidate for FPWD. This is informative.
... No errors in respec.
... We have to make a request by tomorrow to get it published by TPAC.
... Are there any objections to make a request?
... There are many green spots indicating they are future work items.
... This is to get feedback.
... Any objections again?
... Since last week, there were many changes. Simplified terminologies, eg.
... section 5. examples.
... We decided to add examples for each use case.
... Use cases such as: Do we need certificates for TD, etc.
... We are gonna mark it as draft.

<kaz> Security&Privacy consideration draft

McCool: Unless there is gonna be major objection within 24 hours, let's proceed.

Kaz: This is a Note, right?

McCool: Yes. Informative WG Note.

RESOLUTION: we'll publish the security&privacy consideration as a WG Note unless major objections within 24hours

McCool: Adjorned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for dinner (sat vs sun) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

  1. we'll publish the security&privacy consideration as a WG Note unless major objections within 24hours
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/10/25 14:48:37 $