W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

25 Nov 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Joshue, Kathy_Wahlbin, EricE, Marc_Johlic, David_MacDonald, +1.302.282.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, jon_avila, Kenny, Katie_Haritos-Shea, cstrobbe, +1.617.480.aabb, Loretta
Regrets
Mike_Elledge, Bruce_Bailey, James_Nurthen, Alistair_Garrison
Chair
Joshue
Scribe
marcjohlic

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 25 November 2014

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/REC-WCAG20-20081211/2972

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses

<scribe> scribe: marcjohlic

Response to LC-2972:

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/25thNov2014/results

Updated response to LC-2972 (Timing and time limits)

RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended

Quickref redesign: Status update and discussion with EO

JOC: What does EO need from us - and where are we at

EE: Review of project - what it's about
... Part of WAI-DEV project
... Make it easier for people to find their way through WCAG
... Consider audiences - developers, evaluators, and others
... Date is 2015 and expect to have something ready by December 2015

<yatil> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Resource_Redesign/Quickref/Analysis

EE; Project runs through April 2016

EE: TPAC went through wiki page and talked about what we want the final result to look like
... Still in the early stages - all feedback is welcomed
... Project is titled "Quickref redesign" - however we don't have to redesign the Quickref if we feel it is good the way it is now.
... We are not bound to the title

JOC: Prime focus is to work on the Quickref and a refresh for that. At this stage input to Eric and what you want to do with it

<cstrobbe> Eric, do you have any plans to test with developers what kind of UI works will with them (since caniuse is listed as an example in the wiki).

JOC: Any comments suggestions from the Working Group?

DM: Looks like the section on newbies was crossed out - was that due to research or?
... Sometimes people just want the basics

EE: There may be a link there that points to an Introduction to A11y - and keep the QR to just WCAG

JOC: Who do you see as the target audience

EE: Web Authors, Web Developers, Evaluators - and they can customize the experience to their liking so that they can get to the information they want/need quickly.

JOC: We can take a few mins on the call to look through it and give some quick feedback on the call
... Then survey the group for more details next week

EE: Sounds good

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Resource_Redesign/Quickref/Analysis

CS: Are you asking real world web developers etc what they would think would be helpful?

EE: Yes - I am also a Web Developer so I have a good grasp of what they need - but am also checking in with other Web Developers and have surveyed
... Now it's mainly about what does the Group think should be done with the document - what they like or don't like - give a general direction

JOC: How do you see "pointers to information" happening? What would those pointers be?

EE: One way is having links to WCAG - can make it open so that we can pull in other resources easily or do it based on what we already have in the QR

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/

EE: Basically is to have people be able to see all information they need

JOC: Do you see this functionality being added to what QR already does - or will you be changing QR completely

EE: It depends on responses - could see changing QR completely or having more than one mode - one that filters and one that is search based etc

<members reading wiki>

DM: What spurred on the creation of the committed to fix the QR - was there a sense that folks couldn't find the information?

EE: I wasn't involved in that, but what i've heard is that some folks found the QR overwhelming with so many choices at the top and all of the intro text.
... Could the cognitive load be cleaned up to make it easier for folks

MC: I thought we had a discussion that this would be a WCAG led initiative with help from EO so we need to have that discussion

JOC: We need to help Eric with this document - this is basically the Requirements doc at this point

DM: Is this part of the survey we did?

JOC: This is independent of that survey - just happened at the same time

DM: Are there Designers (real world Designers) actually working on this - or is it primarily just a11y folks?

JOC: Eric is our guru on this - and working fulltime on this over the next few months.
... Need to get a clear focus on what we want to do

EE: We have a lot of skills in EO on Usability Testing
... Would be useful to have a solid requirements by the end of the year

MC: Can we strengthen that statement? Develop a timeline and milestones for the rest of the project?

EE: Yes - we WILL have requirements by the EOY (2014)

MC: And a document that says that?

EE: Yes

Overview of outstanding comments with open issues. Further actions to be decided on the call.

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses#Current_comments_with_open_issues

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140107/2877

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140107/2877

JOC: These may need new owers
... 2877
... Anyone want to have a look into 2877

MC: Looks like Andrew has assigned it to himself
... May have been Tim's initially, but now assigned to AWK

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2014/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140724/SCR2.html

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2014/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140724/SCR20.html

JOC: Do we need to merge these two?

<Joshue> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/42

<scribe> ACTION: David to look at LC2952 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-301 - Look at lc2952 [on David MacDonald - due 2014-12-02].

<Joshue> ACTION-301: Related URI https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/42

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-301 Look at lc2952.

<Joshue> ACTION-301: Related URI http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2014/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140724/SCR20.html

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-301 Look at lc2952.

<Joshue> ACTION-301: Related URI http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2014/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140724/SCR2.html

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-301 Look at lc2952.

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20130905/2871

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H33.html

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/2014/07/22-wai-wcag-minutes.html#item03

<Joshue> ACTION: Josh to complete loop on 2871 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-302 - Complete loop on 2871 [on Joshue O Connor - due 2014-12-02].

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140107/2905

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20140107/2904

JOC: Looks to be a dupe of 2904

<Joshue> https://github.com/joshueoconnor/wcag/commit/be897990e3a712f6968e2eaf34412d3c99d5dd7c

Survey analysis progress/discussion

JOC: If you were emailed a survey assignment from AWK, please start looking through them

MK: Deadline was not clear on assignment

MC: May have just been a typo

<Joshue> regets+ Brent

MC: Pretty sure we wanted the reviews done w/i a week or two - so the sooner the better

JOC: We will try to take it up next week

trackbot, end meeting

<cstrobbe> 下次聊

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: David to look at LC2952 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Josh to complete loop on 2871 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-11-25 17:08:15 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Erich/Eric/
Found Scribe: marcjohlic
Inferring ScribeNick: marcjohlic
Default Present: Joshue, Kathy_Wahlbin, EricE, Marc_Johlic, David_MacDonald, +1.302.282.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, jon_avila, Kenny, Katie_Haritos-Shea, cstrobbe, +1.617.480.aabb, Loretta
Present: Joshue Kathy_Wahlbin EricE Marc_Johlic David_MacDonald +1.302.282.aaaa Michael_Cooper jon_avila Kenny Katie_Haritos-Shea cstrobbe +1.617.480.aabb Loretta
Regrets: Mike_Elledge Bruce_Bailey James_Nurthen Alistair_Garrison
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014OctDec/0116.html
Found Date: 25 Nov 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: david josh

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]