W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

03 Jun 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
David_MacDonald, kathleen, Sailesh_Panchang, AWK, Joshue, Kathy_Wahlbin, Michael_Cooper, Loretta, jon_avila, James_Nurthen, Marc_Johlic, Katie_Haritos-Shea
Regrets
Wilco, Bruce
Chair
Joshue
Scribe
David

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 03 June 2014

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/EOTutorials_review#Overview_of_Issues

<Joshue> Scribe list: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

<AWK> Trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 03 June 2014

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

Updated LC-2895 Response: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/EOLC2895/

<AWK> Scribe page updated.

AWK new response is in there now

Seems like broad consensus

<AWK> I updated LC-2895 per Michael's comment

MC open alert issue regarding where in the document the paragraph

should be put.

MC can close the loop on the wording change.

if everyone accepts

or we can wait to dangling peice

AWk want to close this issue because of the way our tool works for tracking comments... the further back we go the more we lose things.

AWK group said it makes sense in this location, EO accepted the location, and they want to talk about further places the paragraph should be

AWK we should accept this comment, and let any further EO issues be separate.

RESOLUTION: Accept 2895

Review open action items: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/open

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/8

Review open action items: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/"

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/9

Resolution: Close action 8
... Close action 8

AWK: Let's find out if people have gone through their actions.

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/open

<jon_avila> yes

<MichaelC> oops, http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/open

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say I closed some actions by making pull requests; those will need review and processing

MC I closed my items and made pull requests

<MichaelC> I closed actions by creating pull requests 27 and 28 https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/27 https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/28 and

<MichaelC> they include references to the actions I closed

AWK: we asked everyone to check action items and if completed then just close them... ask about controversial ones
... actions on people no longer on WG, editors will go through and close some, and move some to others etc... some OBE

David: I understand that we can close actions as soon as we take the action such as write the technique... and notify chairs

Review open issues: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/

<AWK> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/open

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/3

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/9

Josh: what should we do about plain text techniques

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/9

James: Probably Peter Korn, was more interested in plain text than me

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/text.html

<jon_avila> I think they are still relevant. +1 to James

James: Easy to script text if it is set up as we suggest

David: Think we should keep it in.

AWK: If we remove them we are not forbidding them.
... hard to say there are headings that can be supported in text

<Zakim> jamesn, you wanted to say they are not historical

James: Not just historical... still places where text is the best way to input/output... one group wants to produce new plain text technoqies

RESOLUTION: Close Issue 9 we will keep plain text techniques

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/11 SCR2 and SCR20 seem to overlap, consider merging

Issue 11

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/2570

s/technoques/techniques

<scribe> ACTION: Kathleen to look into Issue 11 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> 'Kathleen' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., spiderwebwoman, kwahlbin).

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/13

<Joshue> F62 may need to be modified to encompass html4/5

<AWK> ACTION spiderwebwoman to to look into Issue-11

<trackbot> Created ACTION-259 - To look into issue-11 [on Kathleen Anderson - due 2014-06-10].

<scribe> ACTION: spiderwebwoman to look into Issue 11 Kathleen [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-260 - Look into issue 11 kathleen [on Kathleen Anderson - due 2014-06-10].

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20130905/2861

<kathleen> http://www.w3.org/2013/10/29-wai-wcag-minutes.html#item06

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/14

ISSUE 14

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/15

<Joshue> Should h90 reference 1.3.1 like aria2 does?

<jamesn> ISSUE-15?

<trackbot> ISSUE-15 -- Should h90 reference 1.3.1 like aria2 does? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/15

<scribe> ACTION: KWalbin to look into ISSUE H-15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Error finding 'KWalbin'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/users>.

JON: Should we question mapping.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/EOTutorials_review#Overview_of_Issues

<scribe> ACTION: Kathy and Non_avila to look into ISSUE-15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-261 - And jon_avila to look into issue-15 [on Kathleen Wahlbin - due 2014-06-10].

EO Tutorials Review

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/EOTutorials_review#Overview_of_Issues

EO Tutorials review

AWK: We need to morph our individual comments into consensus

JOSH: i've gone through mine for importance

<Joshue> Note, Loretta and David did add [BEFORE PUB] already to their comments, as have AWK and Josh

Loretta: not on critical path, for the 2 tier

Removing thead information

table caption summary... josh summary is loaded

David: Would like more advance notice so we are not put in a position of having to prioritize

AWK: Have noted advice that it is not a show stopper but needed and will provide it at same time as show stopper feedback

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2705_2014/ (all 4 items)

<scribe> Finished going through our comments to EO completed https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/EOTutorials_review#Overview_of_Issues

TOPIC 2908

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20140306/2908

RESOLUTION: Accept 2908 as proposed

<Joshue> LC-2869: Table failure modification

LC-2869: Table failure modification

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/F91.html

AWK: David and I spoke about this issue of scope

MC headers marked with th, scope attr on th cells when headers on more than the first row

<jon_avila> JAWS has supported scope for a long time. Window-Eyes didn't until a few years ago.

<Joshue> I still think of it as new, probably showing age

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20130905/2869

RESOLUTION: ACCEPT LC-2869 as amended

<Joshue> Comment LC-2854: Should we remove ACRONYM examples and discussion

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20130905/2854

RESOLUTION: ACCEPT LC-2854 as amended

<Joshue> ACTION: Michael Cooper to search for references to acronym in other techniques as well. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> 'Michael' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., cooper, melledge).

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to search documents for instance of ACRONYM and change to ABBR [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> 'Michael' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., cooper, melledge).

<Joshue> ACTION: MichaelC to search for references to acronym in other techniques as well. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-262 - Search for references to acronym in other techniques as well. [on Michael Cooper - due 2014-06-10].

<Joshue> LC-2921: Headings for link context

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20140306/2921

TOPIC LC2921

AWK Sailesh is pointing that h80 is advisory.

AWK: and he is saying remove heading mention

Loretta: the reason headings were there on hotel sites etc... with lots of ambiguous links

<Joshue> +q

<AWK> http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-refs.html

AWK: We can at end of paragraph say... In addition authors may choose to relate heading for context using aria.

<MichaelC> action-262: see https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2705_2014/results#xcomm1 for context

<trackbot> Notes added to action-262 Search for references to acronym in other techniques as well..

<AWK> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/35422/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20140306/2921

RESOLUTION: LC 2921 accepted as amended

<AWK> #5 remains on this survey

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Kathleen to look into Issue 11 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Kathy and Non_avila to look into ISSUE-15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: KWalbin to look into ISSUE H-15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael Cooper to search for references to acronym in other techniques as well. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael to search documents for instance of ACRONYM and change to ABBR [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: MichaelC to search for references to acronym in other techniques as well. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: spiderwebwoman to look into Issue 11 Kathleen [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-06-03 16:44:08 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/sked/asked/
Succeeded: s/technoques/techniques/
FAILED: s/technoques/techniques/
Succeeded: s/non_avila/jon_avila/
Succeeded: s/TOOIC://
Succeeded: s/sope/scope/
Succeeded: s/On/In/
Succeeded: s/related/relate/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: David
Inferring Scribes: David
Default Present: David_MacDonald, kathleen, Sailesh_Panchang, AWK, Joshue, Kathy_Wahlbin, Michael_Cooper, Loretta, jon_avila, James_Nurthen, Marc_Johlic, Katie_Haritos-Shea
Present: David_MacDonald kathleen Sailesh_Panchang AWK Joshue Kathy_Wahlbin Michael_Cooper Loretta jon_avila James_Nurthen Marc_Johlic Katie_Haritos-Shea
Regrets: Wilco Bruce
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014AprJun/0190.html
Found Date: 03 Jun 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: cooper kathleen kathy kwalbin michael michaelc non_avila spiderwebwoman

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]