RDF Working Group Teleconference

11 Sep 2013

See also: IRC log


Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, +1.707.874.aaaa, cgreer, AndyS, pchampin, TallTed, Ivan, +1.408.992.aabb, pfps, AZ, yvesr


<trackbot> Date: 11 September 2013

<gavinc> [08:00] <Zakim> SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has not yet started, Guus

<scribe> scribe: pchampin

Remaining work to be done

sandro: discussed with the chairs this morning to set up a timeline of the things we need to do
... we have to provide some work if we don't find some documents to be left out
... but it seems manageable
... We need test suites for everything;
... most things have it, except for semantics - could probably adapt the one from 2004

<gavinc> N-Triples, N-Quads, and TriG publish perfectly fine with phantom JS. For Turtle I guess I need to figure out what all remaining differences between the published version and the dvcs version are.

sandro: We have to handle all the comments.
... We need implementations, with enough people on board.

Guus: we have to have all the documents on REC track in PR before the 1st of december,
... as well as implementation reports for the tests.

<AZ> Note on Dataset semantics soon ready for a first round of review

Sandro: in order to have all the inter-document links to work, we must all use the same version of ReSpec.
... The documents should be reviewed during December and published in January;
... by then, the WG will have nothing to do -- if everything goes smoothly.

<gavinc> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/file/default/trig/tests


Sandro: there are implementations, so we may be able to skip CR,
... provided that we mention it in the LC.


PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 4 Sep telecon: https://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/rdf-wg/2013-09-04

RESOLVED to accept the minutes of the 4 Sep telecon

Review of action items

Guus: Arnaud completed his action re. the RDF-JSON note

AndyS: the Trig document is ready today

<gavinc> ACTION-284 is done

Ivan: the i18n WG has taken our comments into account

N-Triples / N-Quads

Guus: these documents have been published


Gavin: do we have a timeline for LC, in order to decide about the features at risk?


<AndyS> TriG LC -- 3 week LC i.e. minimum

Guus: we need to decide early november

LC Comments on Concepts, Semantics

Guus: we can not look at the comments
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2013Sep/0009.html is merely editorial (ReSpec issues)
... ISSUE-141

Ivan: ISSUE-141 (Fragment identifiers) came up in our comments with ITS
... I don't believe it was meant as a required change in our documents

<AndyS> ISSUE-141?

<trackbot> ISSUE-141 -- Fragment Identifiers (Sebastian Hellmann) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/141

Ivan: Somebody should ask Sebastian what he really meant.
... Sebastian made a point during a discussion that he didn't mention in his mail:
... something in the FragID section of 2004 disappeared in the new spec
... (scribe didn't precisely caught up what was that something...)
... but I'm not sure he wants it to change.

<AndyS> fg

<gavinc> I don't see anything missing from the new Fragment Identifiers section, except that the old one was normative and the new one isn't?

Guus: can you answer his question?

<gavinc> It's a non-normative section in RDF 1.1

<gavinc> do we care?

<pfps> ship it.

ACTION Ivan to respond to ISSUE-141

<trackbot> 'Ivan' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., ivan, imikhail).

Guus: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2013Sep/0005.html
... we've discussed this at length,
... I feel there is not much we can do here

ACTION pfps to draft a response to Jeremy

<trackbot> Created ACTION-290 - Draft a response to jeremy [on Peter Patel-Schneider - due 2013-09-18].

test suite for semantics

pfps: what new stuff is required (compared to the previous test suite)?

<AZ> I can help

pfps: but I can start.

<AZ> I can look at the old test suite

Guus: so Peter can look at the new document, and Antoine look at the old test suite.

ACTION pfps to start the new test suite document for semantics

<trackbot> Created ACTION-291 - Start the new test suite document for semantics [on Peter Patel-Schneider - due 2013-09-18].

ACTION AZ to review the previous semantics test-suite

<trackbot> Created ACTION-292 - Review the previous semantics test-suite [on Antoine Zimmermann - due 2013-09-18].

Guus: I think there were no comments on semantics.

pfps: Jeremy's comment is on semantics.

<gavinc> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Turtle_Candidate_Recommendation_Comments

Guus: we can do a similar page for comments on other documents


Guus: Sandro pointed out that there are still issues about comments

<gavinc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2013Apr/0057.html

Guus: some comments being not properly tracked.

Gavin: but I don't have an answer to this comment.
... Also, it seems that the published version is not one recorded in the VCS.

<gavinc> ACTION Gavin update turtle ED to match published Turtle CR document

<trackbot> Created ACTION-293 - Update turtle ed to match published turtle cr document [on Gavin Carothers - due 2013-09-18].

Guus: how are we with the implementation report?

Gavin: doing great: we have 7 implementations.

Guus: end of the agenda; next week we'll decide on LC for Trig.
... Adjourned

<Guus> pa, do you want help with the editing?

<Guus> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013/09/11 15:53:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: pchampin
Inferring ScribeNick: pchampin
Default Present: Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, +1.707.874.aaaa, cgreer, AndyS, pchampin, TallTed, Ivan, +1.408.992.aabb, pfps, AZ, yvesr
Present: Guus_Schreiber Sandro GavinC +1.707.874.aaaa cgreer AndyS pchampin TallTed Ivan +1.408.992.aabb pfps AZ yvesr

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Sep 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/09/11-rdf-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]