IRC log of rdf-wg on 2013-09-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdf-wg
14:57:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:57:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:57:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdf-wg
14:57:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 73394
14:57:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:57:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: RDF Working Group Teleconference
14:57:48 [trackbot]
Date: 11 September 2013
15:00:28 [TallTed]
TallTed has changed the topic to: RDF WG -- -- agenda:
15:00:30 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:30 [Zakim]
SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has not yet started, Guus
15:00:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Guus, pchampin, AndyS, gavinc, TallTed, ivan, manu, davidwood, yvesr, trackbot, sandro, ericP
15:00:42 [cgreer]
cgreer has joined #rdf-wg
15:01:08 [gavinc]
Zakim, start meeting
15:01:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'start meeting', gavinc
15:01:24 [gavinc]
[08:00] <Zakim> SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has not yet started, Guus
15:01:31 [TallTed]
Zakim, this is rdfwg
15:01:32 [Zakim]
ok, TallTed; that matches SW_RDFWG()11:00AM
15:01:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.707.874.aaaa
15:01:35 [TallTed]
Zakim, who's here?
15:01:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, [IPcaller], OpenLink_Software, +1.707.874.aaaa
15:01:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cgreer, Zakim, RRSAgent, Guus, pchampin, AndyS, gavinc, TallTed, ivan, manu, davidwood, yvesr, trackbot, sandro, ericP
15:01:42 [cgreer]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:43 [AndyS]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:01:43 [Zakim]
+cgreer; got it
15:01:44 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:01:47 [Zakim]
15:01:52 [Zakim]
15:01:55 [pchampin]
zakim, ??p13 is me
15:01:55 [TallTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
15:01:55 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
15:01:55 [Zakim]
+TallTed; got it
15:01:57 [TallTed]
Zakim, mute me
15:01:57 [Zakim]
TallTed should now be muted
15:02:14 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:14 [Zakim]
15:02:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, TallTed (muted), cgreer, pchampin, [IPcaller]
15:02:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cgreer, Zakim, RRSAgent, Guus, pchampin, AndyS, gavinc, TallTed, ivan, manu, davidwood, yvesr, trackbot, sandro, ericP
15:02:19 [AndyS]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:02:25 [ivan]
zakim, dial ivan-voip
15:02:25 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; the call is being made
15:02:27 [Zakim]
15:04:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.992.aabb
15:04:44 [pchampin]
scribe: pchampin
15:05:24 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
15:05:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, TallTed (muted), cgreer, pchampin, AndyS, Ivan, +1.408.992.aabb
15:05:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cgreer, Zakim, RRSAgent, Guus, pchampin, AndyS, gavinc, TallTed, ivan, manu, davidwood, yvesr, trackbot, sandro, ericP
15:06:16 [pchampin]
topic: Remaining work to be done
15:06:52 [pfps]
pfps has joined #rdf-wg
15:06:58 [pchampin]
sandro: discussed with the chairs this morning to set up a timeline of the things we need to do
15:07:02 [pfps]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:07:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, TallTed (muted), cgreer, pchampin, AndyS, Ivan, +1.408.992.aabb
15:07:10 [pfps]
zakim, aabb is me
15:07:10 [Zakim]
+pfps; got it
15:07:36 [pchampin]
... we have to provide some work if we don't find some documents to be left out
15:07:48 [pchampin]
... but it seems manageable
15:08:00 [pchampin]
... We need test suites for everything;
15:08:11 [AZ]
AZ has joined #rdf-wg
15:08:28 [pchampin]
... most things have it, except for semantics - could probably adapt the one from 2004
15:08:36 [gavinc]
N-Triples, N-Quads, and TriG publish perfectly fine with phantom JS. For Turtle I guess I need to figure out what all remaining differences between the published version and the dvcs version are.
15:09:14 [pchampin]
... We have to handle all the comments.
15:09:45 [Zakim]
15:09:52 [pchampin]
... We need implementations, with enough people on board.
15:10:36 [pchampin]
Guus: we have to have all the documents on REC track in PR before the 1st of december,
15:11:03 [pchampin]
... as well as implementation reports for the tests.
15:11:18 [Zakim]
15:11:22 [AZ]
Note on Dataset semantics soon ready for a first round of review
15:11:28 [yvesr]
Zakim, ??P8 is me
15:11:28 [Zakim]
+yvesr; got it
15:12:14 [pchampin]
Sandro: in order to have all the inter-document links to work, we must all use the same version of ReSpec.
15:13:18 [pchampin]
... The documents should be reviewed during December and published in January;
15:13:30 [pchampin]
... by then, the WG will have nothing to do -- if everything goes smoothly.
15:14:02 [gavinc]
15:14:16 [pchampin]
topic: Trig
15:14:52 [pchampin]
Sandro: there are implementations, so we may be able to skip CR,
15:15:15 [pchampin]
... provided that we mention it in the LC.
15:16:38 [pchampin]
Topic: admin
15:16:43 [pchampin]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 4 Sep telecon:
15:17:56 [pchampin]
RESOLVED to accept the minutes of the 4 Sep telecon
15:18:06 [pchampin]
topic: Review of action items
15:18:20 [pchampin]
Guus: Arnaud completed his action re. the RDF-JSON note
15:18:50 [ivan]
15:19:29 [pchampin]
AndyS: the Trig document is ready today
15:20:00 [gavinc]
ACTION-284 is done
15:20:17 [pchampin]
Ivan: the i18n WG has taken our comments into account
15:20:54 [pchampin]
topic: N-Triples / N-Quads
15:21:02 [pchampin]
Guus: these documents have been published
15:21:12 [pchampin]
15:21:59 [pchampin]
Gavin: do we have a timeline for LC, in order to decide about the features at risk?
15:22:18 [pchampin]
topic: Trig
15:22:23 [AndyS]
TriG LC -- 3 week LC i.e. minimum
15:22:27 [pchampin]
Guus: we need to decide early november
15:23:22 [pchampin]
topic: LC Comments on Concepts, Semantics
15:23:30 [pchampin]
Guus: we can not look at the comments
15:24:17 [pchampin]
... is merely editorial (ReSpec issues)
15:24:35 [pchampin]
... ISSUE-141
15:25:38 [pchampin]
Ivan: ISSUE-141 (Fragment identifiers) came up in our comments with ITS
15:25:56 [pchampin]
... I don't believe it was meant as a required change in our documents
15:25:59 [AndyS]
15:25:59 [trackbot]
ISSUE-141 -- Fragment Identifiers (Sebastian Hellmann) -- open
15:25:59 [trackbot]
15:26:27 [pchampin]
... Somebody should ask Sebastian what he really meant.
15:28:01 [Zakim]
15:28:13 [pchampin]
... Sebastian made a point during a discussion that he didn't mention in his mail:
15:28:34 [pchampin]
... something in the FragID section of 2004 disappeared in the new spec
15:28:50 [pchampin]
... (scribe didn't precisely caught up what was that something...)
15:29:05 [pchampin]
... but I'm not sure he wants it to change.
15:29:25 [Zakim]
15:29:27 [AndyS]
zakim, IPCaller is me
15:29:27 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:29:36 [AndyS]
15:29:43 [gavinc]
I don't see anything missing from the new Fragment Identifiers section, except that the old one was normative and the new one isn't?
15:30:23 [pchampin]
Guus: can you answer his question?
15:30:29 [gavinc]
It's a non-normative section in RDF 1.1
15:30:30 [gavinc]
do we care?
15:30:54 [pfps]
ship it.
15:31:50 [pchampin]
ACTION Ivan to respond to ISSUE-141
15:31:50 [trackbot]
'Ivan' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., ivan, imikhail).
15:32:38 [pfps]
15:32:56 [pchampin]
15:33:15 [ivan]
15:33:39 [pchampin]
... we've discussed this at length,
15:33:49 [pchampin]
... I feel there is not much we can do here
15:35:30 [pchampin]
ACTION pfps to draft a response to Jeremy
15:35:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-290 - Draft a response to jeremy [on Peter Patel-Schneider - due 2013-09-18].
15:36:07 [pchampin]
Topic: test suite for semantics
15:36:29 [pchampin]
pfps: what new stuff is required (compared to the previous test suite)?
15:37:40 [AZ]
I can help
15:37:46 [pchampin]
... but I can start.
15:38:00 [cgreer]
cgreer has joined #rdf-wg
15:38:06 [AZ]
I can look at the old test suite
15:38:31 [pchampin]
Guus: so Peter can look at the new document, and Antoine look at the old test suite.
15:39:02 [pchampin]
ACTION pfps to start the new test suite document for semantics
15:39:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-291 - Start the new test suite document for semantics [on Peter Patel-Schneider - due 2013-09-18].
15:39:20 [pchampin]
ACTION AZ to review the previous semantics test-suite
15:39:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-292 - Review the previous semantics test-suite [on Antoine Zimmermann - due 2013-09-18].
15:39:59 [pchampin]
Guus: I think there were no comments on semantics.
15:40:04 [Zakim]
15:40:10 [pchampin]
pfps: Jeremy's comment is on semantics.
15:41:10 [gavinc]
15:42:02 [pchampin]
Guus: we can do a similar page for comments on other documents
15:43:36 [pchampin]
topic: Turtle
15:43:52 [pchampin]
Guus: Sandro pointed out that there are still issues about comments
15:44:41 [gavinc]
15:44:46 [pchampin]
... some comments being not properly tracked.
15:46:06 [pchampin]
Gavin: but I don't have an answer to this comment.
15:48:00 [pchampin]
... Also, it seems that the published version is not one recorded in the VCS.
15:48:15 [gavinc]
ACTION Gavin update turtle ED to match published Turtle CR document
15:48:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-293 - Update turtle ed to match published turtle cr document [on Gavin Carothers - due 2013-09-18].
15:48:43 [pchampin]
Guus: how are we with the implementation report?
15:48:54 [pchampin]
Gavin: doing great: we have 7 implementations.
15:49:48 [Zakim]
15:49:53 [Zakim]
15:49:54 [Zakim]
15:49:54 [Zakim]
15:49:55 [Zakim]
15:49:56 [pchampin]
Guus: end of the agenda; next week we'll decide on LC for Trig.
15:50:02 [pchampin]
... Adjourned
15:50:03 [Zakim]
15:50:22 [Zakim]
15:51:51 [Zakim]
15:52:38 [Guus]
pa, do you want help with the editing?
15:52:50 [Guus]
trackbot, end meeting
15:52:50 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:52:50 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Guus_Schreiber, Sandro, GavinC, +1.707.874.aaaa, cgreer, AndyS, pchampin, TallTed, Ivan, +1.408.992.aabb, pfps, AZ, yvesr
15:52:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:52:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
15:52:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:52:59 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items