SPARQL Query Language for RDF
RDF is a directed, labeled graph data format for representing information in the Web. This specification defines the syntax and semantics of the SPARQL query language for RDF. SPARQL can be used to express queries across diverse data sources, whether the data is stored natively as RDF or viewed as RDF via middleware. SPARQL contains capabilities for querying required and optional graph patterns along with their conjunctions and disjunctions. SPARQL also supports extensible value testing and constraining queries by source RDF graph. The results of SPARQL queries can be results sets or RDF graphs.
The current version of SPARQL is SPARQL 1.1, which supersedes the older version published in 2008. SPARQL 1.1 consists of 11 documents; The best is to look at the separate SPARQL 1.1 Overview document, which lists all the documents and how they relate to one another.
A number of textbooks have been published on RDF, RDFS, and on Semantic Web in general. Please, refer to a separate page listing some of those, as maintained by the community. That list also includes references to conference proceedings and article collections that might be of general interest.
Tools that are listed as relevant to SPARQL
Last modified and/or added
The description of the following tools have been added and/or modified most recently.
- RDFox (last modified: 11 February 2021)
- Oracle Spatial and Graph 19c (last modified: 18 February 2020)
- Apache Jena (last modified: 16 January 2018)
- Mobi (last modified: 13 January 2018)
- GraphDB (last modified: 5 April 2016)
All relevant tools
This is a list of all tools listed on this wiki, and that are marked as relevant to SPARQL.
- 4store (triple store).
- outdated-ARC RDF Store (triple store). Directly usable from PHP
- AllegroGraph RDF Store (triple store programming environment reasoner development environment rdfs reasoner). Directly usable from Java LISP Python Prolog C Ruby Perl
- Apache Jena (triple store programming environment reasoner rule reasoner owl reasoner rdfs reasoner parser). Directly usable from Java
- Mulgara Semantic Store (triple store). Directly usable from Java
- Oracle Spatial and Graph 19c (triple store reasoner owl reasoner). Directly usable from Java
- GraphDB (triple store reasoner sparql endpoint rdfs reasoner owl reasoner). Directly usable from Java C
- RDFLib (triple store programming environment). Directly usable from Python
- RDFox (triple store reasoner owl reasoner rdfs reasoner rule reasoner). Directly usable from C++ Java
- Redland RDF Application Framework (programming environment). Directly usable from C C-sharp Python Obj-C PHP Java Tcl Ruby Perl
- Sesame (triple store programming environment reasoner rdfs reasoner parser). Directly usable from Java Python PHP
- Talis Platform (triple store sparql endpoint).
|Description||This specification defines the syntax and semantics of the SPARQL query language for RDF. +|
|Date||March 21, 2013 +|