ISSUE-76: Concerns about Microdata section and inclusion/exclusion of RDFa

Microdata/RDFa

Concerns about Microdata section and inclusion/exclusion of RDFa

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Adrian Bateman
Opened on:
2009-08-10
Description:
The microdata section, currently listed as Section 5 Microdata does not enjoy broad consensus.

Per Manu Sprony[1]:

"There will be a forthcoming HTML5+RDFa proposal that may either be published along-side the Microdata specification or in place of the Microdata specification. RDFa is a alternate technology that is currently published as a Recommendation via the W3C . An additional alternative that is being proposed is the removal of Microdata and RDFa from the HTML5 specification and the placement of each section into a separate specification that is implemented on top of the HTML5 standard."

In addition, the charter for the HTML WG mentions:

"The HTML WG is encouraged to provide a mechanism to permit independently developed vocabularies such as Internationalization Tag Set (ITS), Ruby, and RDFa to be mixed into HTML documents. Whether this occurs through the extensibility mechanism of XML, whether it is also allowed in the classic HTML serialization, and whether it uses the DTD and Schema modularization techniques, is for the HTML WG to determine."

The current microdata section precludes this Charter requirement.

Currently, issues of how to ensure that RDFa work with HTML are being discussed within the RDFa in XHTML Taskforce [2]. The HTML WG should work with this group to ensure a consistent and unified approach to semantic metadata, as it relates to HTML 5.

[1] http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#microdata
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [microdata]
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2012-11-28)
  2. Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2012-11-25)
  3. Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-11-25)
  4. Responses to Last Call survey objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-05-25)
  5. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-139 ack-microdata (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-24)
  6. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-06-15)
  7. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-14)
  8. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-06-14)
  9. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-06-14)
  10. Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-14)
  11. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-06-14)
  12. Re: Request for editing guidance (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-10)
  13. Re: Request for editing guidance (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2010-06-09)
  14. Re: Request for editing guidance (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-09)
  15. Request for editing guidance (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-09)
  16. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-04-22)
  17. Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-22)
  18. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-12)
  19. Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-01-09)
  20. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-76 Microdata/RDFa (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-01-08)
  21. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-76 Microdata/RDFa (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-07)
  22. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-76 Microdata/RDFa (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-07)
  23. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-76 Microdata/RDFa (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-07)
  24. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-12-16)
  25. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-16)
  26. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  27. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  28. Minutes HTML WG 10 December 2009 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-15)
  29. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-15)
  30. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-15)
  31. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-12-15)
  32. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-15)
  33. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-15)
  34. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-14)
  35. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-14)
  36. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-14)
  37. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-14)
  38. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-14)
  39. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-14)
  40. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-14)
  41. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from bnowack@semsol.com on 2009-12-14)
  42. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-13)
  43. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-13)
  44. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-13)
  45. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-13)
  46. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-13)
  47. Re: HTML WG issues scheduled to close Dec 17 comments (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-12)
  48. HTML WG issues scheduled to close Dec 17 comments (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-12)
  49. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-12)
  50. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-12)
  51. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from martin@weborganics.co.uk on 2009-12-11)
  52. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-11)
  53. RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-11)
  54. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-11)
  55. Re: ISSUE-76 - Microdata - Straw Poll for Objections (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-11)
  56. Re: ISSUE-76 - Microdata - Straw Poll for Objections (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-11)
  57. Re: ISSUE-76 - Microdata - Straw Poll for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-11)
  58. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-11)
  59. Re: ISSUE-76 - Microdata - Straw Poll for Objections (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-11)
  60. Re: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-11)
  61. ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems? (from robert.ennals@intel.com on 2009-12-11)
  62. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2009-12-10)
  63. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-10)
  64. ISSUE-76 - Microdata - Straw Poll for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-10)
  65. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-10)
  66. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-10)
  67. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-10)
  68. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-10)
  69. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  70. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  71. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-10)
  72. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-10)
  73. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  74. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  75. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-10)
  76. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-10)
  77. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-10)
  78. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-12-10)
  79. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-10)
  80. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-09)
  81. ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL (Draft 4): Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-09)
  82. ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL (Draft 3): Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-09)
  83. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  84. Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  85. Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-09)
  86. Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-09)
  87. Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions (from 1981km@gmail.com on 2009-12-09)
  88. Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-08)
  89. ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL (Draft 3): Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-08)
  90. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-08)
  91. RE: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-12-08)
  92. Plan to resolve ISSUE-76 RDFa / Microdata (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  93. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  94. Re: Path forward on Microdata (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  95. Re: Path forward on Microdata (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  96. Re: Path forward on Microdata (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-08)
  97. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-08)
  98. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from martin@weborganics.co.uk on 2009-12-08)
  99. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-08)
  100. ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL (Draft 2): Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-08)
  101. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from martin@weborganics.co.uk on 2009-12-07)
  102. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-07)
  103. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-07)
  104. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-07)
  105. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-07)
  106. Re: Dropping Microdata entirely (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-07)
  107. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-06)
  108. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-06)
  109. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-06)
  110. Re: Dropping Microdata entirely (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-05)
  111. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tim@depulz.nl on 2009-12-04)
  112. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tim@depulz.nl on 2009-12-04)
  113. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  114. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  115. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  116. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  117. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  118. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  119. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  120. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  121. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-12-04)
  122. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-04)
  123. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  124. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  125. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  126. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  127. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-04)
  128. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-04)
  129. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  130. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-04)
  131. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-04)
  132. Re: Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5 was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  133. Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5, was: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-04)
  134. Re: Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5 was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  135. Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5 was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  136. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-04)
  137. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  138. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  139. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  140. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-04)
  141. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-04)
  142. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-12-04)
  143. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-04)
  144. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-04)
  145. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-04)
  146. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from philipj@opera.com on 2009-12-04)
  147. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  148. Minutes HTML WG 3 December 2009 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  149. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  150. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  151. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-03)
  152. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  153. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-03)
  154. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-03)
  155. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-12-03)
  156. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-03)
  157. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-12-03)
  158. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-12-03)
  159. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  160. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-03)
  161. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  162. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-03)
  163. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-03)
  164. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  165. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from mike@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  166. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-03)
  167. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-12-03)
  168. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-03)
  169. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-03)
  170. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from mark@zepheira.com on 2009-12-02)
  171. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-02)
  172. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  173. Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  174. ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-12-02)
  175. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-02)
  176. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  177. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-02)
  178. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  179. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-02)
  180. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  181. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  182. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  183. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  184. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  185. ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL: Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-10-21)
  186. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-22: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  187. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-21)
  188. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-21)
  189. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-10-21)
  190. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-20)
  191. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2009-10-19)
  192. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-19)
  193. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  194. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-19)
  195. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from scotfl@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  196. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-19)
  197. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-19)
  198. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-19)
  199. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-19)
  200. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-19)
  201. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-19)
  202. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-19)
  203. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-19)
  204. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-18)
  205. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-18)
  206. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-10-18)
  207. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from karl@la-grange.net on 2009-10-18)
  208. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-18)
  209. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-18)
  210. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from tantek@cs.stanford.edu on 2009-10-18)
  211. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-17)
  212. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from karl@la-grange.net on 2009-10-17)
  213. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-16)
  214. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-16)
  215. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-16)
  216. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-16)
  217. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from cgcardona@gmail.com on 2009-10-16)
  218. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-10-16)
  219. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-16)
  220. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-10-16)
  221. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-16)
  222. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-16)
  223. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-16)
  224. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-16)
  225. minutes for 2009-10-15 HTML WG telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-16)
  226. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-15)
  227. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-15)
  228. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  229. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-15)
  230. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  231. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from martin@weborganics.co.uk on 2009-10-15)
  232. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  233. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2009-10-15)
  234. [VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-15)
  235. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  236. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-15)
  237. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-15)
  238. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  239. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  240. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-15)
  241. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-15)
  242. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-14)
  243. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-14)
  244. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  245. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from philipj@opera.com on 2009-10-14)
  246. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  247. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-14)
  248. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  249. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  250. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-14)
  251. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-10-14)
  252. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-14)
  253. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-14)
  254. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  255. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from philipj@opera.com on 2009-10-14)
  256. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-14)
  257. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  258. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-14)
  259. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-14)
  260. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-14)
  261. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-14)
  262. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-14)
  263. Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-10-14)
  264. ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-10-14)
  265. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-10-14)
  266. [minutes] 20091008 HTML Working Group call (from plh@w3.org on 2009-10-08)
  267. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-08: AIs, Task Forces, TPAC/ECMA, Decision Policy (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-10-07)
  268. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-08: AIs, Task Forces, TPAC/ECMA, Decision Policy (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-07)
  269. Re: Microdata vocabulary specifications (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-10-04)
  270. minutes of 2009-10-01 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-10-02)
  271. Re: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-09-30)
  272. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc. (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-30)
  273. minutes for 2009-09-17 telcon (from mike@w3.org on 2009-09-20)
  274. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-09-17 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-09-16)
  275. Re: Withdrawal of HTML5-warnings draft (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-18)
  276. Re: Withdrawal of HTML5-warnings draft (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-18)
  277. Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  278. Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  279. Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  280. Re: Begin discussions for pushing Last Call into 2010 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  281. Re: HTML5-warnings - motivations (from msporny@digitalbazaar.com on 2009-08-10)
  282. Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-10)
  283. Re: HTML5-warnings - motivations (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-10)
  284. ISSUE-76 (Shelleyp): Concerns about Microdata section and inclusion/exclusion of RDFa (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2009-08-10)

Related notes:

See ISSUE-41

Shawn Medero, 10 Aug 2009, 18:16:48

Possibly related email search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&tbo=1&num=50&tbs=qdr%3Ay&q=site%3Alists.whatwg.org+%2BRDFa+&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Shawn Medero, 10 Aug 2009, 18:43:50

Additional discussions related to this topic:

Thread beginning with this post http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-January/018220.html

Thread beginning with this post http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-May/019601.html

Thread beginning with this post http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-May/019672.html

The WhatWG Wiki on Microdata http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Microdata_Problem_Descriptions

Ian Hickson's post listing emails reflecting his decision to create the Microdata section http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0207.html

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 18:49:15

Additional information:

A loose set of notes on RDFa, XHTML, and HTML 5 http://realtech.burningbird.net/web/page-markups/loose-set-notes-rdfa-microdata-and-html5

Use cases and comparison of RDFa/HTML5 microdata http://realtech.burningbird.net/semantic-web/semantic-web-issues-and-practices/use-cases-and-comparison-rdfahtml5-microdata

One use case: annotation http://realtech.burningbird.net/web/standards/annotation

Another use case: searchcase http://realtech.burningbird.net/web/standards/searchcase

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 18:53:50

Discussions in the HTML WG email list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0701.html

A note related to the vcard predefined vocabulary http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0489.html

Does anyone like Microdata? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0732.html

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 18:59:59

Ian Hickson's summary document listing the use cases used to derive microdata, and his interpretation of requirements

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-April/019374.html

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 19:08:52

Ian Hickson's summary document listing the use cases used to derive microdata, and his interpretation of requirements

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-April/019374.html

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 19:09:20

Posting of same note from Ian Hickson, but on HTML WG and related discussion

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.html

Shelley Powers, 10 Aug 2009, 19:11:44

[MikeSmith]: see also the discussion at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7542

24 Sep 2009, 08:33:25

TAG support for ISSUE-76: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8220

Shawn Medero, 6 Nov 2009, 19:41:23

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $