For press inquiries regarding WAI and Web accessibility, contact Judy Brewer, WAI Domain Lead:
For general W3C press inquires, see How to contact W3C, Press.
Many questions are addressed in documents on the WAI site. For example, Understanding WCAG 2.0 provides extensive guidance on making Web sites accessible, including the intent of guidelines and success criteria; how they help people with different disabilities, browser and assistive technology support notes, examples, and resources. The WAI site map lists all documents and search is available to look for specific information.
Current Web accessibility issues are discussed through the WAI mailing lists, which are archived and visible to the public. The WAI Interest Group is a public forum for discussion of issues relating to Web accessibility. If you have a question that might be relevant to the WAI IG list, you can:
- Search the WAI IG list archives to see if it has already been addressed sufficiently
- Read "Using the WAI IG mailing list" in the Membership/Mailing List section of the WAI IG page
- Join the self-subscription list and post appropriate questions
A limited number of support questions can be answered via e-mail to email@example.com.
To submit comments on a specific document:
- W3C Recommendations and W3C Working Drafts have in the Status section an e-mail address to send comments.
- WAI resource documents have a specific e-mail address for submitting comments, which is usually at the bottom of the document. This is usually: firstname.lastname@example.org (a public list)
- Send e-mail to the Chair and Team contact of the working group that developed the document. Chair and Team contact information is linked in the WAI Working Group Contacts below.
- If you cannot determine where to send comments, send an e-mail with the document name in the subject line to: email@example.com (for WAI staff, not public) and we will forward your message to the appropriate place.
You can submit comments on the overall WAI Web site (www.w3.org/WAI/) either to a W3C WAI staff list or to a public list:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for WAI staff, not public)
- email@example.com (can be seen by the public)
Comments on other parts of the W3C Web site (www.w3.org) go to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on W3C Team members working in WAI, see Who's Who at the World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative.