Last Updated: 30 May 2017 – Updated Italian Web accessibility laws and policies.
Law 9 January 2004, n. 4 "Provisions to support the access of disabled people to IT tools" (Stanca Law)
Official law/policy page
- Italian: Legge 9 gennaio 2004, n. 4 "Disposizioni per favorire l'accesso dei soggetti disabili agli strumenti informatici" (Legge Stanca) (Italiano)
- Date enacted: 2004
- Responsible Entity (Agency, Ministry, etc.):
- Digital Agency Italy (AGID)
- Type: Accessibility law
- Scope: Public sector, Government
- Web only: no
- WCAG Version Used: WCAG 2.0
- Relevant Documents:
Accessibility of Web sites - the coordination and activities for Digital Italy in relation to current regulations
- Italian: Accessibilità dei siti web - il coordinamento e le attività dell'Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale in relazione alla normativa vigente (Italiano)
Overview of the digital accessibility processes and requirements concerning web accessibility.
DM July 8, 2005 - Attachment A, as updated by DM 20 March 2013
The technical requirements for web accessibility copy the WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria and conformance criteria. It expands on use of Web standards for technologies compatible with accessibility by referencing ISO/IEC 15545:2000 (HTML), ISO/IEC 16262:2002 (ECMA-script), and additional W3C standards for HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, CSS 1.0, XML, SVG, and SMIL. More current versions of these standards are also allowable.
- Italian accessibility regulations since 2004
- Accessibility of Web sites - the coordination and activities for Digital Italy in relation to current regulations