Mobile Accessibility Task Force (Mobile A11Y TF)
of the WCAG WG and UAWG
W3C/WAI's work in related areas is introduced in the main Mobile Accessibility page.
Announcements and Meetings
- Meetings are every Friday, 10:00 to 11:00am EST, 15:00-16:00 UTC. To determine what time this is in your region, please consult the world clock meeting planner. Since Daylight Saving Time changeovers occur at different times in different countries, please check the times each week.
- Zakim Bridge (+1 617.761.6200, conference code: MATF# [6283#]). For VoIP / SIP: email@example.com
- IRC text chat (server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #mobile-a11y) is used by some members during the teleconferences.
- Group members can respond to surveys.
- Wiki for ideas/text under development
- Tracking System for issues to discuss and action items assigned (public)
The Mobile A11y TF may also meet face-to-face. Upcoming face-to-face meetings will be listed here.
Minutes from previous meetings are available.
- Developing design guidance or mobile web accessibility best practices
- Reviewing existing resources, including those outside of W3C
- Review of existing outside resources - Completed. Updated on 9 May 2014.
- Gap Analysis of existing WCAG Techniques compared to outside resources - scheduled completion 1 August 2014
- Writing updates to existing techniques - start scheduled 1 August 2014
- Writing new techniques - TBD
When the Task Force develops publications, they will be listed here.
About the Mobile Accessibility Task Force
The Mobile Accessibility Task Force (Mobile A11Y TF) is a joint Task Force of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (WCAG WG) and the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (UAWG). It assists these Working Groups to produce techniques, understanding, and guidance documents, as well as updates to existing related W3C material that addresses the mobile space.
Facilitator and Contacts
- Task Force facilitator: Kim Patch, Kathy Wahlbin
- WCAG WG Staff Contact: Michael Cooper
- UAWG Staff Contact: Jeanne Spellman
Mobile Accessibility Task Force Work Statement defines the initial objective, scope, approach, and participation of the Task Force.
- mailing list archives are publicly available for the Mobile A11Y TF main mailing list
- Participants are automatically added to the mailing list when the become a participant of the Task Force
To join the Mobile A11Y TF, individuals must be participants of either the WCAG WG or the UAWG. Participants are expected to actively contribute to the work of the Task Force, including:
- Minimum 4 hours per week of Mobile A11Y TF work (this time also counts towards the individual's participation requirement in the sponsoring WG through which they have joined);
- Remain current on the Mobile Accessibility Task Force mailing list and respond in a timely manner to postings;
- Participate in Mobile Accessibility Task Force telephone meetings, or send regrets to the Task Force mailing list.
If you are interested in participating in the Mobile A11Y TF, please send e-mail to: Joshue O Connor, Andrew Kirkpatrick, Kelly Ford, and Jim Allan and include a little bit about what you’re interested in and how you think that you may be able to contribute to the Task Force.
Participants in the Mobile Accessibility Task Force lists current participants.