WAI-ACT Project invited web accessibility practitioners, researchers, and users to participate in the WAI-ACT Open Meeting to:
- Learn more about the WAI-ACT Project
- Provide input into project developments
- Explore opportunities for collaboration
We encouraged participation from people interested in:
- Authoritative guidance on the implementation of accessibility in advanced web technologies
- Internationally harmonized methodologies to support evaluation of websites for accessibility
- Common visions and contribution to a coordinated eAccessibility research agenda
We particularly invited participants involved in relevant projects, initiatives, and activities with interest in expanded cooperation in Europe and internationally on the development of accessibility solutions.
- Presentation slides available
The WAI-ACT Project is designed to build upon and expand W3C/WAI cooperation mechanisms to help address the need for expanded European and international cooperation on the development of accessibility solutions for people with disabilities. See the WAI-ACT project deliverables for information on WAI-ACT work.
WAI-ACT staff presented on-going and planned project developments, highlighting particular points of discussion. Participants were invited to provide input on potential future directions. We particularly welcomed suggestions on potential collaborations with relevant projects, initiatives, and activities in Europe.
The following times are in CET:
- 10:30 - 11:00 Registration
- 11:00 - 11:45 About the WAI-ACT Project
- 11:45 - 12:30 WP3: Implementation Guidance
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (provided)
- 13:30 - 14:15 WP4: Evaluation Methodologies
- 14:15 - 15:00 WP5: Research Agenda Setting
- 15:00 - 15:30 Coffee Break
- 15:30 - 17:00 Exploring collaboration opportunities
The meeting was held in the Brussels offices of Nordrhein-Westfalen:Rue Montoyer 47
1000 Brussels, Belgium
There was no charge for participation in this event. Registration closed.