W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT f2f

08 May 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
ankit(IRC), tadej, karl, yves, felix, jirka, milan, pedro, pablo, mauricio, david, dave, phil, arle, leroy(implementers-session), shaun(implementers-session), sebastian(for NIF session), philippe(implementers-session)
Regrets
Chair
felix
Scribe
philr, others

Contents


agenda review

<fsasaki> looking at http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/BledMay2013#Wednesday

<Ankit> sure

usage in html

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#usage-in-html

<fsasaki> "The Translate data category has a direct counterpart in [HTML5], namely the HTML5 translate attribute. ITS 2.0 does not define its own behaviour for HTML5 translate, but just refers to the HTML5 definition."

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-its-and-existing-HTML5-markup

text analysis section

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#textanalysis-implementation

<fsasaki> "This specification defines a normative way to represent text analysis information in XML and HTML locally. However, text analysis information can also be represented in other formats, e.g. JSON. The Internationalization Tag Set Interest Group maintains a description of such alternative serializations. Readers of this specification are encouraged to evaluate whether that description fulfills their needs and to provide comments in the ITS IG mailing list (p[CUT]

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Text_Analysis_serializations

daveL: serializations are different to mappings and ontology transformations

rdf ontology

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS-RDF_mapping

fsasaki: any other comments?

daveL: stability of NIF?

<fsasaki> now discussing comments from Sebastian, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0074.html

daveL: are there still ongoing changes?

sebastian: there will be versioning, for now 1.0 release which would then be stable
... ontology 1.0, NIF 2.0

<sebastian> http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core/version-1.0/nif-core.owl

<sebastian> http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/

<fsasaki> latest version link?

<sebastian> http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core#

<sebastian> curl http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core#

sebastian: url will redirect to latest version

<sebastian> https://github.com/NLP2RDF/java-maven/blob/master/core/nif/src/main/java/org/nlp2rdf/core/NIFOntClasses.java

daveL: looking at chain of references from wiki
... make sure people accessing through ITS know the correct place to go and where to see updates

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to add ITS ontology reference(s) to the spec, referring to wiki / ontology namespace, ... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-514 - Add ITS ontology reference(s) to the spec, referring to wiki / ontology namespace, ... [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<sebastian> http://nlp2rdf.org/nif-1-0

<sebastian> http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core#

<sebastian> http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core# -> HTML

<fsasaki> www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf#

daveL: maintain a link at the University of Leipzig persistent url

<sebastian> curl -H "Accept: text/html" http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core#

<sebastian> -> HTML landing page -> ontology documentation in HTML , NIF 2.0 standard document

<sebastian> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf-content/its-rdf.html

<sebastian> http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core# is the most important

<sebastian> url

<fsasaki> NIF reference http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#NIF

sebastian: ontology url is the most important as it then points to other documentation

version numbers would probably drift apart again even if started the same

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0074.html

fsasaki: please introduce your comments sebastian

<sebastian> <ns0:comment xmlns:ns0="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#" xml:lang="en" rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"

<sebastian> @en

daveL: assumption is that no datatype means string

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview

daveL: this would allow the language tag

<fsasaki> ACTION: daveL to check where we need language tag in its ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> scribe: philr

<trackbot> Created ACTION-515 - Check where we need language tag in its ontology [on David Lewis - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> taClassRef="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty">spokeswoman

<sebastian> Houston Airports <span taIdentRef="http://dbpedia.org/ontology/spokesperson" taClassRef="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty">spokeswoman</span> Marlene McClinton .

<sebastian> itsrdf:taPropRef

tadej: reservations about this being an optimal serialization
... need a way to identify the subject, object and predicate

<sebastian> dbpedia:George_Bush_Intercontinental_Airport rln-ont:spokesman rln-res:Marlene_McClinton .

<sebastian> <http://rdflivenews.aksw.org/extraction/7ac9d8c003f3796e4d2ba54b084aca96#char=X1,Y1> itsrdf:taIdentRef dbpedia:George_Bush_Intercontinental_Airport .

tadej: I think the proposal for "Change 3" is fine

fsasaki: can give some guidence on how to handle different situations
... volunteer to follow-up on Change 3?
... put some guidence into the ITS ontology

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS-RDF_mapping

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf#

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to move http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf-content/its-rdf.rdf to github - but where [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-516 - Move http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf-content/its-rdf.rdf to github - but where [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to make changes 4-5 at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0074.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-517 - Make changes 4-5 at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0074.html [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<sebastian> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(x0)> itsrdf:xpath2nif <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=b0,e0>

<sebastian> nif:convertedFrom

<fsasaki> replace itsrdf:xpath2nif with nif:convertedFrom

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#conversion-to-nif

<fsasaki> "STEP 4 (optional): Serialize as XML or as RDF. The list with the XPath-to-text mapping can also be kept in memory. Part of a serialization example is given below." below that step explain that the example following consists of XML and RDF

ITS XLIFF

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#its-and-xliff

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to subscribe everybody on the ITS IG list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-518 - Subscribe everybody on the ITS IG list [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

action item review

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/open

<fsasaki> action-310?

<trackbot> ACTION-310 -- David Lewis to go through the document and check data category naming (capital first letter plus hyperlink) -- due 2013-04-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/310

<fsasaki> close action-504

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-504 Review draft for XLIFF mapping.

minutes from yesterday

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/2013/05/07-mlw-lt-minutes

karl's demo

<fsasaki> http://attrib.org/jquery-its-example/

<kfritsche> Example source code: https://github.com/attrib/jquery-its-example

<kfritsche> Current released: https://github.com/attrib/jquery-its2

pedro's demo for content authoring support

<fsasaki> part of rome workshop presentation, see http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/rome/slides/06-diez.pdf

where to put things?

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mlw-metadata-us-impl-20130307/

<fsasaki> banner at the top: implementers, users, usage scenarios

<fsasaki> three banners like at http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/

<fsasaki> have three tier layout at http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/

<fsasaki> also update http://www.w3.org/International/its/ to mention ITS2

upcoming meeting planning

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/EventSchedule

<fsasaki> september frankfurt (tbc)

<fsasaki> 25-26 November, or 26-27 November in Madrid

meeting setup

<fsasaki> see proposal from Pedro at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0079.html

<fsasaki> beyond 2013 - point people to http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to check about meeting schedule for september + november - due 10 May [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-519 - check about meeting schedule for september + november [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-10].

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to check 16-17 september in Walldorf including whether we can open up the meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-520 - Check 18-19 september in Walldorf including whether we can open up the meeting [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to check "ITS teaching" in HTML5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-521 - Check "ITS teaching" in W3C [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> ACTION: jirka to put ITS2 content to web platform dot org after we have reached PR / PR - due 1 October [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action09]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-522 - put ITS2 content to web platform dot org after we have reached PR / PR [on Jirka Kosek - due 2013-10-01].

<fsasaki> ACTION: arle to create content describing ITS2 for http://www.gala-global.org/gala-standards-initiative pitching for the LSPs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-523 - Create content describing ITS2 for http://www.gala-global.org/gala-standards-initiative pitching for the LSPs [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].

ITS2 in Gala

ITS 2.0 logo

ITS2 spec progress

<fsasaki> next week wednesday call, decide to publish new "last call" draft

<fsasaki> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#cfr

<fsasaki> publish 14 June PR draft. then 4 weeks review.

<fsasaki> final ITS2 spec mid July or end of July

<Ankit> no problem..

deliverables

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Deliverables

<fsasaki> ankit reporting on deep web training

<fsasaki> ankit: planning to finish in august

<fsasaki> .. will show at FEISGILTT progress

<fsasaki> .. MT training with two language pairs

<fsasaki> .. german-spanish, spanish-english

<fsasaki> .. will show whether we can use ITS data to train translation model / language model

<fsasaki> .. looking on hiring an intern to work on this

<fsasaki> dave: how do you use ITS markup during training? filtering training corpora based on markup or using markup insdie the training corpora?

<fsasaki> ankit: two steps - just use for e.g. domain tuning. next step, e.g. terminology and translate tags: these are used during translation model training

<fsasaki> .. main goal is to use ITS tags inside training

<fsasaki> mt service discussion - service will run by 22 may

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Deliverables

<fsasaki> pablo: D4.2.1 and D4.2.2 - plan to finish by the end of June

<fsasaki> felix: will schedule a call early may. You then can get feedback on current state of D4.2.1 and D4.2.2 . Need to get draft showcase and draft report by then.

<fsasaki> D3.1.5 "Report on LT-Web Processing in the CMS" - Cocomore

<fsasaki> D3.2.3 "Report on Showcases" - VistaTEC

<fsasaki> D4.2.2 Report on Online MT System - Linguaserve

<fsasaki> template for reports http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/File:Lt-web_deliverables-template.docx

<fsasaki> felix: for june f2f goal is to have three summary reports in draft stage. All should contain information about state of implementations. In june f2f we will just look at the summary reports to judge what implemnetation is on track

<fsasaki> felix: please make sure that you can do the committments done in the gdocs (sent link offline)

<fsasaki> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/multilingualweb-lt-partners/2013May/0002.html

<fsasaki> ACTION: arle to add a paragraph about the ITS2 showcase to the rome report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action11]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-524 - Add a paragraph about the ITS2 showcase to the rome report [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> https://www.wuala.com/fsasaki/Documents/projects/lt-web/meetings/mlw-rome_review_lux-march2013/?key=74zYBbxfHd1n

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to add workshho hp links to deliverables page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action12]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-525 - Add workshho hp links to deliverables page [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Deliverables#Milestones

<leroy> go to meetingcall has cut out

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#phrasing-content-1

changes for translate and elements within text

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview

<fsasaki> see the "translate" cell with info about html5

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#html5-translate-handling

<fsasaki> about elements within text: For XML content: withinText="no". For HTML5 phrasing content: withinText="yes".

<fsasaki> html5 phrasing content: http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/dom.html#phrasing-content-1

<fsasaki> ACTION: arle to check logo "contest" options [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action13]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-526 - Check logo "contest" options [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].

<Milan> http://r65.cooltext.com/rendered/cooltext1023889160.gif

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: arle to add a paragraph about the ITS2 showcase to the rome report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: arle to check logo "contest" options [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: arle to create content describing ITS2 for http://www.gala-global.org/gala-standards-initiative pitching for the LSPs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: daveL to check where we need language tag in its ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to add ITS ontology reference(s) to the spec, referring to wiki / ontology namespace, ... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to add workshho hp links to deliverables page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to check "ITS teaching" in HTML5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to check 16-17 september in Walldorf including whether we can open up the meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to check about meeting schedule for september + november - due 10 May [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to make changes 4-5 at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013May/0074.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to move http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf-content/its-rdf.rdf to github - but where [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to subscribe everybody on the ITS IG list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: jirka to put ITS2 content to web platform dot org after we have reached PR / PR - due 1 October [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action09]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-05-13 19:34:15 $