W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-lT Phone call: 18 Feb 2013

18 Feb 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Yves, mdelolmo, Pedro, chriLi, Giuseppe, pnietoca
Regrets
Chair
daveL
Scribe
kfrische, kfritsche, daveL

Contents


<omstefanov> scribe: kfrische

<daveL> scribe: kfritsche

<omstefanov> scribe: kfritsche

<daveL> Regret: Felix, Phil

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0089.html

daveL: going through the agenda

minutes from last meeting

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html

Quick feedback on Posters and use cases

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0083.html

daveL: wed is for poster review

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0084.html

daveL: but today only a short review

chriLi: some edits has already been done
... one separated edit by email
... i had the idea to create a glossary/terminology section as separated wiki page

daveL: this is a good point, we listed some definitions in requirements section

chriLi: run a named entity enricher through the wiki page

<chriLi> Run both the Spec. and the Wiki page through both a term candidate recognizer and a named entity recognizer

daveL: problem could be the wiki markup, how to add the ITS markup there

<chriLi> Drink your own champagne, not eat your own dog food. :-)

daveL: but basically this is a good idea
... also we maybe should also add some more ITS markup

action investigate its markup in wiki to daveL

<trackbot> Error finding 'investigate'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users>.

<daveL> dlewis6

<daveL> ACTION: dlewis6 to investigate establishing a gloassry for the wiki and including ITS markup on pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/18-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-449 - Investigate establishing a gloassry for the wiki and including ITS markup on pages [on David Lewis - due 2013-02-25].

daveL: anyone has problems with the posters and use cases section?
... look at the mails from chriLi and Felix for additional information for the high level use cases wiki page

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0083.html

Issue-68

tadej: we will drop granularity
... ta (text analysis) is the new prefix
... working on a draft
... which will be presented soon to the WG

<chriLi> Tadej already drafted the revised section for the spec. It will be discussed this week.

<omstefanov> I think it is very important, throughout all the ITS 2.0 documents and documentation that text-analysis NOT be abbreviated as simply TA. Using TA will result in lack of understanding.

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#datacategories-overview

<daveL> text-analysis

daveL: we are using hypen only in tables and annotatorsRef

tadej: okay will look at this, in the attributes its called ta in rules its text analysis
... but this is cosmetic
... and can be changed easily
... we provide it soon to everyone

daveL: post the changes to the list
... we appreciate the hard work everyone have done there

ISSUE-106 and ISSUE-107: I18N-ISSUE-246: Clarify character encoding

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Feb/0028.html

<daveL> scribe: daveL

karl: we decided in prague that this was something that implementors should be aware of but not mandated in the specification
... we don't address in our own application, we only tested with with UTF-8
... But this is difficult to validate a test for such an error

<kfritsche> scribe: kfritsche

daveL: its difficult to test and doing a negative test
... hard to put this in an normative section

<daveL> daveL: perhaps yves and felix can help with wording that accomodates the dificulty in constructing a negative conformance test

daveL: we leave this open and have to discuss this on a later call

<daveL> ... lets revist this on wednesday

[ISSUE-84]: ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages, was:

<daveL> scribe: kfritsche

<DomJones1> brb

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Feb/0032.html

daveL: basically there are satisfied with our response

<daveL> topic; ISSUE-110: latest input from Jirka, but does this change decision to remove XHTML form test suite?

daveL: so we can close this particular issue

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0085.html

daveL: how we deal with XHTML, jirka said from a implementors point of view this is easy to do

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0086.html

Jirka: i drafted this as a note, but maybe some implementors can have a look at it

daveL: i think we satisfied the original issue and this is a clarification

kfritsche: the mail from Jirka makes much sense and should be added to the specification, as it makes it much clearer, how to use it

Jirka: no need for a new action, as there is already another one for this

<daveL> http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

daveL: we still have quite a lot of issues
... after the reports this should be dealt with
... anyone want to cover a issue in the call now?

mdelolmo: starting time of call from wed is?

daveL: 1 pm. utc
... 2 pm cet

Pedro: poster session is in the lunch break, when the demo people have lunch?

<Jirka> Demo or die :-)

<omstefanov> demo and slim down :-)

DomJones1: i will check and maybe the demo people should leave the the session a bit earlier

daveL: should we print the posters or are the printed there?

DomJones1: will check this

daveL: maybe the background should be updated and the logo from EU should be added, because lot of pepople seems to have problems here

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: dlewis6 to investigate establishing a gloassry for the wiki and including ITS markup on pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/18-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-18 15:48:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: kfrische
Found Scribe: kfritsche
Found Scribe: kfritsche
Inferring ScribeNick: kfritsche
Found Scribe: daveL
Inferring ScribeNick: daveL
Found Scribe: kfritsche
Inferring ScribeNick: kfritsche
Found Scribe: kfritsche
Inferring ScribeNick: kfritsche
Scribes: kfrische, kfritsche, daveL
ScribeNicks: kfritsche, daveL

WARNING: Replacing previous Present list. (Old list: ankit, chrsitian, daveL, dominic, jirka, karl, leroy, marcix, olaf, tadej)
Use 'Present+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Present+ Yves

Present: Yves mdelolmo Pedro chriLi Giuseppe pnietoca
Got date from IRC log name: 18 Feb 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/18-mlw-lt-minutes.html
People with action items: dlewis6

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]