W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

21 Jan 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
fsasaki, pnietoca, philr, leroy, mdelolmo, Arle, joerg, Ankit, Jirka, daveL, Karl, DomJones, Marcis, Milan, Pedro, Clemens
Regrets
christian, david, olaf-michael
Chair
felix
Scribe
Jirka

Contents


role call

<scribe> scribe: Jirka

LC feedback

<fsasaki> http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

Felix: we have 52 comments, we need to distribute them in order to process them in a timely manner

annotatorsRef

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item07

Dave: Some people are concerned what will happen when more people will add annotatorsRef into the same document. Probably something like best practice for this will be need.
... Reply will be: we are aware of the issue, but there is no easy solution.

Felix: We need to answer to comment and get feedback back (satisfied/not satisfied)
... commenters can disagree but can agree to move forward we just record it
... if someone object to move forward (formal objection) this has to be discussed with director, there is a lot of admin work connected to this
... so we should try to avoid this

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

<scribe> ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter and see whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-386 - Contact original commenter and see whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there [on David Lewis - due 2013-01-28].

provenance record ordering

http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item08

Felix: can we close it as is?

Felix: there is no strong requirement for timestamp inside group

<scribe> ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter about real need of timestamp [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-387 - Contact original commenter about real need of timestamp [on David Lewis - due 2013-01-28].

Disambiguation and term, and domain

<scribe> Postponed till F2F where Christian can dial-in

Domain discussion will be postponed as well

Sorting LC comments

<fsasaki> http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

Felix: We need to assign "shepherd" to each comment

<fsasaki> issue-67?

<trackbot> ISSUE-67 -- Change definition of regular expression for allowed characters -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/67

<fsasaki> yves and shaun

<fsasaki> issue-68?

<trackbot> ISSUE-68 -- Disambiguation (and term) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/68

<Marcis> Sure

<fsasaki> marcis

<fsasaki> issue-69?

<trackbot> ISSUE-69 -- recursive nesting of external rules -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/69

<fsasaki> pablo

Pablo

<fsasaki> issue-70?

<trackbot> ISSUE-70 -- Defined order of precedence missing inherited local values -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/70

<fsasaki> felix

felix

issue-71?

<trackbot> ISSUE-71 -- Section 5.8 (annotatorsRef) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

<fsasaki> issue-71?

<trackbot> ISSUE-71 -- Section 5.8 (annotatorsRef) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

dave

issue-72?

<trackbot> ISSUE-72 -- Section 8.12 (Provenance Data Category) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/72

dave

Action to all - look at all issue before F2F in Prague

issue-73?

<trackbot> ISSUE-73 -- NIF comments -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/73

felix

issue-74?

<trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 WD-its20-20121206 - Section 1.1 (Relation to ITS 1.0 and New Principles) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/74

dave

issue-75?

<trackbot> ISSUE-75 -- Comments related to "domain" -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/75

Jörg

issue-76?

<trackbot> ISSUE-76 -- clarification of "inconsistency" quality issue type needed -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/76

Arle

issue-77?

<trackbot> ISSUE-77 -- Precedence of global rules in HTML if both links and inline rules with "script" are available -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/77

Jirka

issue-78?

<trackbot> ISSUE-78 -- I18N-ISSUE-203: Use of rel values in HTML -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/78

Jirka

issue-79?

<trackbot> ISSUE-79 -- I18N-ISSUE-204: Use of namespaces and HTML -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/79

Jirka

issue-80?

<trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- I18N-ISSUE-205: Examples of html markup in section 6 -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/80

Felix

issue-81?

<trackbot> ISSUE-81 -- I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and dfn element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/81

related to ISSUE-89

Felix: HTML already provides something like ITS markup already, for examply its:term can be explicitly marked by using <dfn> element

<Marcis> Well the dfn has a much narrower use case than Terminology ...

<Marcis> That is the issue ...

<Marcis> (as I understand it)

Felix will create proposal for both issues (81 and 89)

issue-82?

<trackbot> ISSUE-82 -- I18N-ISSUE-208: Mapping domains to nothing -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/82

dave

issue-83?

<trackbot> ISSUE-83 -- Notes on loc quality issue section -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/83

Christian

issue-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- translate ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/84

David

issue-85?

<trackbot> ISSUE-85 -- NLP Interchange Format (NIF) - 1.0/2.0, Canonical XML, Unicode Normalization Forms -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/85

felix

issue-86

<trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-209: Implementation commitment -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/86

felix

issue-87?

<trackbot> ISSUE-87 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-210: Whitespace in ruby example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/87

felix

issue-88?

<trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-211: Quote element in HTML [should be cite, q, or blockquote] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/88

felix

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/open

issue-90?

<trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-214: directionality should be made normative, with informative additions -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/90

felix

issue-91?

<trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-215: Parts of Ruby section should be removed -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/91

wait till I18N WG will provide additional feedback

issue-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-216: Locale filter note -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/92

Yves

issue-93?

<trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Case-insensitivity mode for predefined tokens undefined; should be ASCII-case-insensitivity -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/93

Jirka

issue-94?

<trackbot> ISSUE-94 -- Use of XSD number types is inconsistent with numbers in HTML -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/94

Jirka

issue-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- I18N-ISSUE-217: Missing support for localizable items that are not translatable -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/95

Phil

issue-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/96

dave

probably this is duplicate

issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD - HTML translate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/97

Karl

issue-98?

<trackbot> ISSUE-98 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-238: Selecting attributes using local selection -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/98

Milan

issue-99

<trackbot> ISSUE-99 -- I18N-ISSUE-239: Selecting attributes using Selectors -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/99

Milan

issue-100?

<trackbot> ISSUE-100 -- I18N-ISSUE-240: Bad example: Hard-coded coordinates [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/100

Felix

issue-101?

<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- I18N-ISSUE-241: Directionality section doesn't mention isolates [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/101

Felix

issue-102?

<trackbot> ISSUE-102 -- I18N-ISSUE-242: Clarify case-insensitive match for domains [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/102

Pablo

issue-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- I18N-ISSUE-243: Clarify filtering algorithm for locale filters [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/103

Yves/Shaun

issue-104?

<trackbot> ISSUE-104 -- I18N-ISSUE-244: Require recent version of Unicode [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/104

Felix

issue-105?

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- I18N-ISSUE-245: Consider replacing Unicode block escapes with script escapes [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/105

Yves

it's related to regular expression

issue-106?

<trackbot> ISSUE-106 -- I18N-ISSUE-246: Clarify character encoding behavior when calculating storage size [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/106

Karl

issue-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- I18N-ISSUE-247: Clarify interpretation of line breaks when calculating storage size [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/107

Karl

issue-108?

<trackbot> ISSUE-108 -- locNote ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/108

Dave

issue-109

<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- disambiguation ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/109

Dave

prague f2f

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/PragueJan2013f2f#Objectives

Felix will put slots for implementations integration into agenda

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/PragueJan2013f2f#Participants

Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter about real need of timestamp [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter and see whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-21 17:32:48 $