W3C | TAG | Previous: 7 Oct teleconference | Next: 28 Oct

Agenda for 21 October 2002 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list www-tag archive

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (30min)

  1. Confirm Chair (SW) and Scribe (IJ)
  2. Roll call.
  3. Accept 7 Oct teleconference minutes
  4. Accept this agenda
  5. Next meeting? Proposed 28 Oct.

1.2 Completed actions?

  1. Action RF 2002/09/25: On the topic of revising RFC2396, indicate to the TAG what the relevant IETF fora are for input. Done: uri@w3org is the forum. RF will send information there.
  2. Action DC 2002/08/12: Ask www-tag for volunteers to work with TAG (and possibly IETF) on HTTP URI stuff; CRISP. [This action supersedes the previous action: Ask IESG when IETF decided not to use HTTP URIs to name protocols.] Sent. Mark Baker and DC have a draft.

1.3 Meeting planning

  1. TAG presentation at AC meeting.
    1. Confirm TAG slot at AC meeting (Weds pm on agenda (Member-only)).
    2. Report of TAG activity (presenter?)
      • News since previous AC meeting.
      • Assessment after one year of existence. Action PC: Respond to IJ's summary of process issues (TAG-only) from AB regarding TAG charter. Also, clarify meaning of "short-term resolutions" in charter.
      • Top three issues (see SW's email to TAG).
    3. Arch document presentation (presenter?)

2. Technical (60min)

2.1 Findings in progress, architecture document

See also: findings.

  1. Findings in progress:
    1. deepLinking-25
      1. TB 2002/09/09: Revise "Deep Linking" in light of 9 Sep minutes. Status of finding?
  2. Findings versioning
    1. SW 2002/09/09: Discuss with IJ versioning of findings. Pending. SW and IJ have discussed latest accepted v. latest draft.
  3. Architecture document
    1. Draft schedule for next arch document:
      1. 28 Oct: TAG review of whatever current draft is starts.
      2. 4 Nov: TAG closes issues about draft.
      3. 11 Nov: Final discussion, request to publish.
      4. 13 Nov: Next TR draft published.
    2. Finish discussion of feedback on arch document.:
      1. Summary of comments
      2. Comments from Graham Klyne
      3. Comments from Daniel Dardailler

      Action IJ 2002/10/17 (from Chair): Summarize these comments for the TAG.

    3. Action RF 2002/09/25: Propose a rewrite of a principle (rationale -> principle -> constraint) to see whether the TAG prefers this approach. It was suggested that the example be about HTTP/REST, as part of section 4.
    4. Action TBL 2002/09/25: Propose text on information hiding. (From 24-25 Sep TAG ftf: "The principle of information-hiding is contrary to global identifiers....Shall we put in the document something about information hiding/independent design of orthogonal specs? You should should not be able to write an xpath to peek into http headers....")
    5. Action CL 2002/09/25: Redraft section 3, incorporating CL's existing text and TB's structural proposal (see minutes of 25 Sep ftf meeting on formats).
    6. Action NW 2002/09/25: Write some text for a section on namespaces (docs at namespace URIs, use of RDDL-like thing).

2.2 Priority issues

  1. xlinkScope-23
    1. Action SW: Draw up a neutral proposal (due 21 Oct) summarizing threads and debating points on xlinkScope-23. Pending.
  2. namespaceDocument-8
    1. Action TB 2002/09/24: Revise the RDDL document to use RDF rather than XLink. Goal of publication as W3C Note.
    2. Action NW 2002/09/25: Write some text for an Arch Doc section on namespaces (docs at namespace URIs, use of RDDL-like thing).
  3. contentPresentation-26
    1. Action CL 2002/09/24: Draft text on the principle of separation of content and presentation for the Arch Doc.
  4. rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
    1. Action DC 2002/09/24: Write to Schema WG to say that TAG is interested in progress on this issue. Copy Jonathan Borden and Brian McBride.
  5. uriMediaType-9:
  6. Status of URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on URI canonicalization and email from Martin in particular. See more comments from Martin.
    1. CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for good practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, such as %7E v. &7e and suggested use of lower case. At 16 Sep meeting, CL reports pending; action to send URI to message to TAG.
  7. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query strings?

2.3 New issues?


Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2002/10/21 18:24:11 $