From W3C Wiki

Social Web Working Group Teleconference

29 Nov 2016

See also: IRC log


tantek, julien, annbass, wilkie, ben_thatmustbeme, aaronpk, cwebber, sandro, cwebber2, KevinMarks
ben_thatmustbeme, wilkie


<julien> can someone share the phone number for today's call?

<tantek> julien see /topic

<julien> /topic

<tantek> julien

<julien> present


<ben_thatmustbeme> i can scribe

<ben_thatmustbeme> scribenick:ben_thatmustbeme

tantek: aaronpk asked for approval of his Invited Expert status, got removed when he changed his affiliation
... I'm happy to vouch for him again

approval of minutes

tantek: we have the minutes from the F2F, and minutes from last telcon


tantek: take a look over them


<wilkie> haha cwebber2's goblin pic

<Loqi> hehe

annb: i see mattl commenting but isn't listed as attending

<mattl> i'm all mystery

tantek: he was sitting off to the side and didn't really get involved in the meeting, but was there so he didn't add himself to the list of attendees
... we should correct the minutes to add him to that

<ben_thatmustbeme> i believe he was only there day 1

tantek: i think he was there party of both days

annbass: i think this brings up the issue of not knowing which nickname associates to who
... that would really only matter to archival reasons



annbass: and i see mattl is in the room right now. Nice to meet you
... this would really speak to all W3C minutes, not just ours

tantek: i agree
... if you see a user name that is not noted in our minutes, they should be added in there

annbass: this may be worth suggesting to the W3C realm of best practices

tantek: how are people's review of the minutes going? we had some good resolutions
... we added aaronpk as an editor of websub (previously pubsub)
... we made good progress on figuring out when we plan to take things to PR
... we are using that in our request for an extension without changing the scope of the group
... we also resolved that we are not planning any more F2F meetings, and we plan on doing monthly telcons

annbass: its too bad, i was hoping to see you all

tantek: i updated the schedule on the homepage too

<mattl> hey annbass

<julien> +1

<tantek> PROPOSED: Approve of minutes of the f2f with the addition of mattl as present both days

<cwebber2> +1

<annbass> +1

+1 (though i believe he was only there day 1, not both days)

<mattl> -1 I wasn't there on the second day

<cwebber2> oh I must not have present+'ed in there

<cwebber2> I'll add myself

<wilkie> +1

<cwebber2> since I was there

<tantek> PROPOSED: Approve of minutes of the f2f with the addition of mattl as present on day 1 and cwebber both days


<wilkie> +1

<cwebber2> I can add mattl

<cwebber2> since I'm already adding myself

<cwebber2> +1

<annbass> +1

<aaronpk> +1

RESOLUTION: Approve of minutes of the f2f with the addition of mattl as present on day 1 and cwebber both days

tantek: move on to last week's telcon

<cwebber2> attendees adjusted as discussed

<KevinMarks> (by irc)

<tantek> PROPOSED: approve of last week's telcon

tantek: was pretty short so i'm assuming that will be easier for folks to review

<wilkie> +1


<annbass> +1

<cwebber2> +1

<aaronpk> +1

RESOLUTION: approve of last week's telcon


tantek: is it ready for a working draft?


<Loqi> [Julien Genestoux] WebSub

<tantek> permalink:

<Loqi> [Julien Genestoux] WebSub

aaronpk: we published the updated WD last week, thats now live with the new name, and I also updated, new name, new text, updated logo, etc. all urls redirect to current urls
... i don't think theres any actual changes to the ED from then to now, certainly nothing significant
... unless julien wants to add anything

julien: i don't ...


tantek: to keep this moving along, are there any of the open issues you need the group's help on?


aaronpk: yes, 52, the, i believe rhiaro was going to look up what we need to do for that

tantek: ok, i don't know fi rhiaro is here, its the middle of the night where she is right now
... sandro, is this something you can nudge amy or help with?

sandro: lets just ping amy, i think she may have already started something on it

tantek: alright, lets give her until next week, and see where we are at
... were there any others we can take a look at?

julien: i don't think so

tantek: so this is just work to do, and once these changes are made we can publish a new WD
... sound good?

julien: yes

tantek: just a reminder, if you are going to try and get this to CR, you need to have it ready by next tuesday, if you want to get it to CR this year

(discussion between julien and aaronpk regarding splitting up issues)

tantek: if there are issues you have solved but have not heard back, add the 'waiting for commentor' and add 'editorial' to those that are editorial if that helps you get down to 0 issues
... if you don't get it done by next tuesday, its not the end of the world, but it would push CR to next year

julien: lets try

aaronpk: i think we can do it

tantek: great
... anything else on websub?
... shockingly i've heard 0 objections to the new name from anyone, anywhere, well done!

Post Type Discovery

tantek: i have made some changes but there are additional changes i want to make before we publish a new WD
... hopefully be ready for WD next week
... but it won't be ready for CR. That will have to go to next year


UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I'm hoping evan is still on the call

(missed that first sentence)

<tantek> are we ready for a new CR on AS2?

<tantek> looking at open issues:

tantek: did we lose evan?
... i don't see him on IRC anymore
... oh, evan sent regrets, so i don't think there is much we can do on AS2


document status

tantek: does anyone who is working on any document want to update us on the status?

<cwebber2> I don't have one this week


<KevinMarks> There is a new websub implementation in this week

<ben_thatmustbeme> KevinMarks, cool

tantek: for SWP, amy isn't here, we should get it updated to say websub


aaronpk: we have a new implementation of micropub from someone outside the group

<aaronpk> 6 reports in total

aaronpk: that brings us to 6 reports now
... any how many are outside the WG?

<wilkie> I can do that

<wilkie> scribenick: wilkie

tantek: is 22 required by servers?

aaronpk: it is the same as 21. required by servers and optional for clients

tantek: what are the next steps? focusing on websub right?

aaronpk: yes. focusing on websub and also moving so last week was kind of lost

tantek: ok. we can reassess that when websub is in CR which is your next goal?

aaronpk: yep

tantek: alright. is csarven on the call?
... without csarven or rhiaro we can't do LDN
... so that takes us to the end of our agenda
... anyone have any other issues to bring up?
... I will be about 5 hours off due to meetings in hawaii
... I should be theoretically be able to be up for the meetings but it means a 5:00 meeting so I might not be very alert
... so meetings for me will be tentative so evan will be chairing the next couple of weeks
... we will still be proceeding and making progress with everything in CR and keep pushing test suites and getting implementation reports
... hopefully get the CRs out by the end of the year
... lunch was proposed so I'll give back the last ten minutes so you can get lunch or late brunch etc

<annbass> thanks all!

<julien> bye! thanks!

tantek: thanks and we'll talk next week!

<aaronpk> i am officially back in the group now too :) thanks

<tantek> great! we got something done today :)

<tantek> ben_thatmustbeme++ for minuting

<Loqi> ben_thatmustbeme has 59 karma in this channel (179 overall)

<tantek> wilkie++ for minuting

<Loqi> wilkie has 40 karma

<tantek> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Approve of minutes of the f2f with the addition of mattl as present on day 1 and cwebber both days
  2. approve of last week's telcon