From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Social Web Working Group Teleconference

22 Nov 2016

See also: IRC log


tantek, ben_thatmustbeme, eprodrom, cwebber, aaronpk, scribe


eprodrom: let's get started
... I guess we have three big items that we need to get to
... let's get started with the minutes

<eprodrom> PROPOSED: approve as minutes for Nov 8 meeting

<cwebber2> +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<aaronpk> I see "RESOLUTION: cancel Tuesday Nov 15 2016 telecon" in those minutes

<eprodrom> +1

<sandro> +1

RESOLUTION: approve as minutes for Nov 8 meeting

eprodrom: alright, since we have all +1s marked as resolved
... now onto the slightly more difficult process of our face to face minutes, which have traditionally been our ???
... traditionally been a weak point
... we have a lot of minutes we drop out for our f2f meetings
... so I guess the question goes to our scribes for our most recent meetings (along with myself and tantek since we're ultimately responsible) on how to get up minutes for 17th and 18th
... there they are

ben_thatmustbeme: yeah I already generated them

eprodrom: fantastic

<eprodrom> PROPOSED: APPROVE as first day minutes for Nov 17 2016 f2f

<ben_thatmustbeme> should we wait a week for people to have time to read them?

<eprodrom> PROPOSED: APPROVE and APPROVE as minutes for Nov 17 2016 f2f

<Loqi> hehe

<aaronpk> that's so many minutes

<aaronpk> it's almost... hours

eprodrom: yeah, that's many minutes

tantek: has anyone had a chance to read them?

eprodrom: we could pause and review for next week

tantek: will confess I haven't had a chance to read them myself

eprodrom: so I'd like to table this proposal and take it for next week's meeting to be sure we put it on the agenda for then
... getting those meeting minutes up
... so we can go on from approving minutes and see what our agenda is for today
... ok great
... so first item on agenda is websub
... julien or aaron, are you on?

aaronpk: I'm on

eprodrom: mind leading agenda on websub, what's next?

aaronpk: sure, so since friday I've been working on merging pull requests & resolving issues


aaronpk: those are all incorporated now and the editor's draft is now up to date at the new URL here

<tantek> nice work

aaronpk: the rename is complete
... so definitely review that, the major differences are the discovery section where we hashed out the ??? and put the host-meta at risk, capability URL is now in
... there are still several issues open and some pull requests I'd like to review, but the majority of things discussed in meeting are now incorporated
... we're hoping to publish the ED at the new w3 url with the rename
... I believe that new shortname was approved, so we just need to stage that for publication
... my main questions for the group is how much we need to wait for the rest of / getting through more issues
... or is this enough to warrant a new WD?

tantek: I'd like to see a ChangeLog

aaronpk: great idea

tantek: that's required for publication in my view

aaronpk: yeah, didn't realize it wasn't there, will add it
... right after this call

eprodrom: anything else you'd like to put in front of the group for websub?

aaronpk: nope

eprodrom: do we need another WD?

aaronpk: we need to do another WD for the rename. Question is whether to close more issues before working draft or is incorporation of changes from F2F discussion sufficient for new WD

eprodrom: so we have open issues... what's the expected timeframe for closing remaining issues?

aaronpk: not totally sure
... they're all similar scope to other ones, nothing super unusual
... just a matter of talking through them on github

eprodrom: ok... 1 week? 2 weeks? 6 weeks?

aaronpk: I imagine many more closed before next call

eprodrom: what's your preference

aaronpk: WD are easy to do, so I'd prefer to do one sooner to get new short url in place

eprodrom: so what I'd like to propose is we publish a new WD of websub
... based on ED of ??? 22

<ben_thatmustbeme> conditional on changelog

eprodrom: with a changelog

<eprodrom> PROPOSED: publish new working draft of Websub based on editor's draft of Nov 22 with a changelog

cwebber2: +1

tantek: all changes for difficult stuff done from the f2f?

<ben_thatmustbeme> s/of ??? 22/ of 11\/22

aaronpk: I believe so?

tantek: the stuff that took more time than we expected

aaronpk: yes I believe so, those have been worked on over the weekend and this morning


aaronpk: I think most of that got wrapped up in issue 53 there

<eprodrom> +1

tantek: +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<aaronpk> +1

<sandro> +1

<cwebber2> +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> tantek was citing minutes at 13:19:19 (by my client) aaronpk

RESOLUTION: publish new working draft of Websub based on editor's draft of Nov 22 with a changelog

<ben_thatmustbeme> websub++

<Loqi> websub has 1 karma in this channel (2 overall)

eprodrom: good, so that's the last item on our agenda for today, so next thing we should do is walk through document status for our documents
... can talk about where we are for each one
... with the exception of websub

<ben_thatmustbeme> I know tantek had some PTD updates

eprodrom: hopefully we don't' need to swap around for chair

tantek: I can do a verbal summary of PTD

<eprodrom> Other document status?

eprodrom: let's do PTD, then I'll do AS2, then I'll ask the group... do we have other documents with updated status we'd like to discuss

<cwebber2> no changes to report

aaronpk: no changes to report

eprodrom: let's put tantek and PTD first.. if you have something to discuss, put yourself on the agenda

tantek: not ready for new version this week, but hopefully next week
... some commenters were looking for multiple post types coming out of the algorithm, what should you do if you want multiple post types
... so that's the first thing to do is to support multiple post types as the output while still keeping the notion of a primary type for implementations that want to say "if you ahve to pick here's what to pick"
... so that's one new approach we hadn't previously discussed
... second thing is I learned of ben_thatmustbeme converting MF2 to AS2 today, so I'm hoping to look into that to see how much of post type discovery he's implemented there
... since that's a key feature of PTD
... so those are my two updates, any comments or questions

eprodrom: any questions?

tantek: or anything that needs to be in next WD? otherwise I'll make fixes and propose it

eprodrom: looks like no we don't have any questions, queue seems empty. so thanks for the update tantek, good to see this process moving along

tantek: ok more next week then

eprodrom: I'm going to take this opportunity to give an update on AS2
... we generated quite a few issues to AS2 last week. we were down to 2, and we cleared out 1 during our meeting and added 6 more, plus resolved one with some new text (and one that was difficult, the default language one)
... I have not pushed a new version to ED unfortunately, I need to get that done. goal is to get that done for next meeting. I'd prefer to have it done by the end of th week so people can review by next meeting
... the other main item for me is the AS2 validator, holding off until we can make changes to document itself because somehting needs to be updated in validator specifically around SHOULDs and MAYs
... some of the things SHOULDs prev are now slightly weakened
... any questions on AS2?

tantek: hoping to get an ED with changlog for next week for consideration for CR?

eprodrom: that's exactly it

<ben_thatmustbeme> I just wanted to point out a new Implementation Report PR is in eprodrom

eprodrom: ok great
... I'll check our agenda for updates, looks like as2 is still at bottom, so I think we've come to the end of our agenda
... anything else to discuss?
... ok otherwise we'll get our remaining minutes back... last week was very productive so we're all probably talked out
... so, wrap up the meeting and look forward to next meeting on the 29th

tantek: reminder, review the F2F logs for last week

<eprodrom> OK, I just dropped!

<eprodrom> Thanks everyone.

<eprodrom> trackbot, end meeting

tantek: sounds like evan dropped off, so thanks everyone!

<ben_thatmustbeme> cwebber2++

<Loqi> cwebber2 has 82 karma

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. approve as minutes for Nov 8 meeting
  2. publish new working draft of Websub based on editor's draft of Nov 22 with a changelog