HTML/wg/2016-09-Agenda

From W3C Wiki
< HTML‎ | wg
Jump to: navigation, search

Media Task Force September 19-20 2016 F2F Meeting

This page is for the HTML Media Extensions WG on Mon and Tue September 19-20 2016. The meeting host is Paul Cotton.

Logistics and meeting location

The F2F meeting will be held during TPAC 2016.

Centro de Congressos de Lisboa Praça Indústrias 1300-307 Lisboa Portugal

Room 1.07, Hall 4, First Floor (see map)

The meeting will start at 9:00am on Mon September 19. Please arrive at the Center before 9am to register.

IRC and Teleconference facilities

WebEx teleconference bridge:

 US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
 Access code: 644 617 194
 Meeting Password: (please ask on irc)
 Mobile Auto Dial
 WebEx link

Please, type "present+ <YourName>" in irc when joining the call.

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

  #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Specifications, Documents and References:

EME bugs and issues

MSE bugs

See also:

Potential Topics

1. Joint session with Web & TV IG to discuss MSE and EME status and additional use cases

From CTA Wave Project:


https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0091.html

Note: This joint meeting will start at 8:30am on Monday Sep 19 in the Web & TV IG meeting room Auditorium IV.

2. WG Decision for MSE Proposed Recommendation

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0093.html

Status: Awaiting revised Proposed Recommendation from Editors. Philippe and Paul will prepare and handle the Transition request.

3. MSE Editorial issues, MSE Editors

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/milestones/V1Editorial

  • ISSUE-159: Unecessary argument provided to Append Error Algorithm
  • ISSUE-163: Incorrect reference to "highest end time" in a non-normative note

Status: The above two changes will be applied by the Editors to prepare a revised Proposed Recommendation.

4. MSE Registry publication as WG notes, Philippe

https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/74

Status: Philippe has promised to do this item so that it does not hold up the transition request for the MSE Proposed Recommendation.

5. MSE test suite and results

6. AOB for MSE

7. EME V1Editorial issues, EME Editors

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/milestones/V1Editorial

Status: All V1Editorial items have been closed!

8. EME NonBlocking issues, EME Editors

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/milestone/3

  • ISSUE-312: Security: Should implementations be required to inform users in cases where this is currently recommended?
  • ISSUE-329: MediaKeyMessageEvent's message needs to be nullable or required in init dict

9. EME registry issues, Philippe

  • ISSUE-183: Registry SOTD
  • EME registry documents were republished on Sep 15:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-eme-stream-registry-20160915/

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-eme-initdata-cenc-20160915/

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-eme-initdata-keyids-20160915/

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-eme-initdata-webm-20160915/

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-eme-stream-webm-20160915/

10. Other EME issues

  • ISSUE-85: "tracked" sessions: architectural concerns pending resolution with TAG

Status: Awaiting testing results for this “at risk” feature.

11. EME at risk features

http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/CR-encrypted-media-20160705/#sotd

12. EME test suite

13. Additional test suite work

14. EME Formal Objections

Status: All existing formal objections have been recorded.

15. AOB for EME

16. MSE and EME timeline and charter discussion, Paul and Philippe

17. Any other business

Agenda September 19

  • 09:00-12:00: Joint session with Web & TV IG to discuss MSE and EME status and additional use cases
  1. HME summarizes EME & MSE v1 and v2 spec status & implementation status (25 min.)
  2. Web&TV IG summarizes IG Task Force work (Cloud Browser TF, GGIE TF) (25 min.). Note that both TFs have EME/MSE v2 impacts
  3. EME & MSE v1 vs. Web & TV IG requirements (40 min.)
  • 13:00 - 17:00

Agenda September 20

  • 09:00 - 17:00