- 1 Media Task Force September 19-20 2016 F2F Meeting
- 1.1 Logistics and meeting location
- 1.2 IRC and Teleconference facilities
- 1.3 Specifications, Documents and References:
- 1.4 Potential Topics
- 1.4.1 1. Joint session with Web & TV IG to discuss MSE and EME status and additional use cases
- 1.4.2 2. WG Decision for MSE Proposed Recommendation
- 1.4.3 3. MSE Editorial issues, MSE Editors
- 1.4.4 4. MSE Registry publication as WG notes, Philippe
- 1.4.5 5. MSE test suite and results
- 1.4.6 6. AOB for MSE
- 1.4.7 7. EME V1Editorial issues, EME Editors
- 1.4.8 8. EME NonBlocking issues, EME Editors
- 1.4.9 9. EME registry issues, Philippe
- 1.4.10 10. Other EME issues
- 1.4.11 11. EME at risk features
- 1.4.12 12. EME test suite
- 1.4.13 13. Additional test suite work
- 1.4.14 14. EME Formal Objections
- 1.4.15 15. AOB for EME
- 1.4.16 16. MSE and EME timeline and charter discussion, Paul and Philippe
- 1.4.17 17. Any other business
- 1.5 Agenda September 19
- 1.6 Agenda September 20
Media Task Force September 19-20 2016 F2F Meeting
Logistics and meeting location
The F2F meeting will be held during TPAC 2016.
Centro de Congressos de Lisboa Praça Indústrias 1300-307 Lisboa Portugal
Room 1.07, Hall 4, First Floor (see map)
The meeting will start at 9:00am on Mon September 19. Please arrive at the Center before 9am to register.
IRC and Teleconference facilities
WebEx teleconference bridge:
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 617 194 Meeting Password: (please ask on irc) Mobile Auto Dial WebEx link
Please, type "present+ <YourName>" in irc when joining the call.
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
#html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Specifications, Documents and References:
EME bugs and issues
1. Joint session with Web & TV IG to discuss MSE and EME status and additional use cases
From CTA Wave Project:
Note: This joint meeting will start at 8:30am on Monday Sep 19 in the Web & TV IG meeting room Auditorium IV.
2. WG Decision for MSE Proposed Recommendation
Status: Awaiting revised Proposed Recommendation from Editors. Philippe and Paul will prepare and handle the Transition request.
3. MSE Editorial issues, MSE Editors
- ISSUE-159: Unecessary argument provided to Append Error Algorithm
- ISSUE-163: Incorrect reference to "highest end time" in a non-normative note
Status: The above two changes will be applied by the Editors to prepare a revised Proposed Recommendation.
4. MSE Registry publication as WG notes, Philippe
Status: Philippe has promised to do this item so that it does not hold up the transition request for the MSE Proposed Recommendation.
5. MSE test suite and results
6. AOB for MSE
7. EME V1Editorial issues, EME Editors
Status: All V1Editorial items have been closed!
8. EME NonBlocking issues, EME Editors
- ISSUE-312: Security: Should implementations be required to inform users in cases where this is currently recommended?
- ISSUE-329: MediaKeyMessageEvent's message needs to be nullable or required in init dict
9. EME registry issues, Philippe
- ISSUE-183: Registry SOTD
- EME registry documents were republished on Sep 15:
10. Other EME issues
- ISSUE-85: "tracked" sessions: architectural concerns pending resolution with TAG
Status: Awaiting testing results for this “at risk” feature.
11. EME at risk features
12. EME test suite
- EME test suite pull requests (five PRs as of Sat Sep 17)
13. Additional test suite work
- CTA WAVE project testing support
- Paul’s suggested list of additional work
- Convert the remaining Google submitted test cases for use in the EME test suite.
- Create multi-session tests as suggested by Mark Watson.
- Create additional tests as suggest by Mark Watson:
- sequential use of different keys, including pausing (waitingforkey) when encountering a new key
- alternating clear and encrypted content within a file
- a test without initData (where there is no encrypted event)
- expiration attribute
- Help us expand the test suite to cover more features
- Help run an updated test suite and to evaluate the test suite results. See 1 and 2
14. EME Formal Objections
Status: All existing formal objections have been recorded.
15. AOB for EME
16. MSE and EME timeline and charter discussion, Paul and Philippe
17. Any other business
Agenda September 19
- 09:00-12:00: Joint session with Web & TV IG to discuss MSE and EME status and additional use cases
- HME summarizes EME & MSE v1 and v2 spec status & implementation status (25 min.)
- Web&TV IG summarizes IG Task Force work (Cloud Browser TF, GGIE TF) (25 min.). Note that both TFs have EME/MSE v2 impacts
- EME & MSE v1 vs. Web & TV IG requirements (40 min.)
- 13:00 - 17:00
Agenda September 20
- 09:00 - 17:00