AB Priorities for 2021-2022 Academic Year
See Proposed Priorities in GitHub
Priorities of the Year
Establishing governance for the Consortium
- Lead: Léonie, Chris
- Participants: Tzviya
- Summary: Define and establish a governance model that will enable the W3C to continue as a respected member-driven web standards organisation, and work with the Steering Committee to enact it.
Vision, principles and strategy
- Lead: Tantek, Avneesh
- Participants: Tzviya, Chris
- Detail the values, pillars, challenges, potential pitfalls, and major benefits we expect the Web to bring in this next phase, as context for:
- Define the W3C vision with principles & values to guide our role in the evolution of the Web platform, and the strategy for doing so.
Legal entity (making it actually happen)
- Lead: Eric
- Participants: Chris, David, Tantek, Wendy, Florian
- Summary: Identify, organize and drive implementation of all necessary elements required to establish the legal entity. The elements include the formalization of Director-Free, establishment of governance and board of directions, completion of financial package for due diligence by the sponsors and ISOC, securing the financial support from funding sources and member support, and the execution of the implementation process beginning with the Minimum Viable Legal Entity (MVLE) to the eventual formation of the LE. This work priority requires the coordination and cooperation of other priorities leaders.
- Lead: Florian, David
- Summary: In recognition that the founding Director is no longer actively involved with day to day W3C activities, follow up with the earlier AB "director free" activity, and replace existing references to the Director in key documents like the W3C Process with at least an explicit acknowledgement of the way things are actually being run today, and when possible with an alternative providing a better balance of responsibilities.
- Additional background material:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Improving working relationship with W3M
- Representing the membership and bringing ideas of membership forward
- Evolving and maintaining the Process