Let me first thank everyone for being a part of our community’s first conference call which was hosted by Chair of the Group. Sharing with you the minutes of the call:
- The call began with the introduction of attendees and thanking W3C for the support given for conducting the conference call.
- Member Outreach – To have a vibrant community of 250 people in a 1 year period.
- Every one of us would reach out to at least 3 people we know working in the field of accessibility to join the group.
- Reach out to the other Members already on the Interest Group and get them engaged with the group
- Reach out to people of product/service companies like Developers, Designers and not only Senior Leadership to join the group
- Member Engagement – To provide learning and sharing through different interactions
- Write blog posts, questions, share information etc. that we would like to discuss in the group to make it more engaging and also help people understand the value of joining the group
- Promote the group through social media channels such as Facebook, twitter and/or LinkedIn
- Meeting Schedule
- Have 2 conference call every month to begin. Have 1 as a learning sessions and 1 as a general discussions to promote accessibility in India during the calls.
- Accessible India Campaign & Smart Cities
- Initially to start a Blog post, so we can share our ideas on how we can support the Government in Accessibility
- Some areas that we can support government is through working on standards and guidelines, training and suggestions for a public procurement policy
- Next conference call has been scheduled for the 14th of October 2015, 10 am to 11 am which will be a Learning Session by Mr. Rakesh Paladugula as an Introduction to WCAG 2.0. This will be a 30 minute session followed by Q&A and discussions
We look forward for more participants for our next call and your continuous support to make this group more informative and engaging.