Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Easy Checks changelog
This page lists changes to Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility since the draft was posted in June 2013.
16 December 2016
- Significant update: added new check on Moving, Flashing, or Blinking Content
- Changed "FF Toolbar" to "WebDev Toolbar" and added: "Web Developer Toolbar for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox..." along with relevant links to the browsers and extensions.
- Diff shows several minor edits.
11-20 December 2013
- Intro - added "Additional evaluation guidance is available from: ..." & 3 links
- screen reader explanation - clarified and simplified
- "To check page title with different browsers" section - updated image, changed order
- Image text alternatives ("alt text") section - minor tweaks to Tips and the first sentence under "Alt text checks"
- Keyboard access and visual focus - edited second paragraph and moved illustration from lower down up to here
- Contrast - added section "Checking contrast with FF"
- Forms, Labels, and Errors - added "To check labels if you're comfortable looking at the HTML markup" section. changed headin from just "Forms". added under check with BAD, "Also, the page title includes "Submission Failed".".
- Basic Structure Check - changed section title from Plain Content View
- and a few other minor tweaks, including "EDIT"s from 20 Dec minutes
2014 and 2015
Mostly minor copy edits.
4 November 2013
- Resize Text section - significant edits
- Page Title section - moved content around
- Keyboard section - minor edits
- Using these Easy checks - added first section
- Minor edits, such as: in learn more about Headings, deleted links to techniques
17 September 2013
- Corrected "(for example, for left-to-right languages: top to bottom, left to right)"
2 July 2013
- Added Forms section
- Added Plain Content View section
1 July 2013
- Added markup to Background
- Added "optional" to heading: Tools: FF Toolbar and IE WAT (optional)</span>
- Added list of things not covered in Encourage thorough accessibility evaluation section
- Added placeholder for new section: Plain Content View
minor edits, most of which are listed in this Easy Checks Comments wiki page
- "Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility" was first published as a draft in June 2013.
- It replaced "Preliminary Review of Web Sites for Accessibility" that was first published in September 2005.
- It was originally one section of "Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility" that was first published in October 2001.