From Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group
- 2016-02-17: ACTION-2014 Fred to review.
The one thing to watch is when the uploading media (videos, audio, pictures) API matures, it would be nice to have a way to assign an alt text or a closed caption track. Since they don't have any server side implementations yet - it is too early to worry about it.
- 2016-03-02: Fred reports we should come back to this when it matures. Resetting action to be due in 6 months to check.
- 2016-06-29: Received explicit review request. Advancing the deferred action to review now.
- --Fred Esch (talk) 20:31, 5 July 2016 (UTC) Micropub needs an accessibility section.
- Images and media should be able to be uploaded and downloaded with associated accessibility info. For instance, an image should be able to be uploaded and downloaded with the appropriate img element alt attribute or a description. Media should be able to be tied to a closed caption track.
- You may be able to associate images/media with accessibility info, however there are no examples of how to do it and no accessibility section to explain how they should be linked. There are references to microformats 2, but without a close reading of microformats, my guess is if you use microformats for accessibility information you will have an ad hoc solution - not a standards compliant implementation.
2016-07-06: Fred to convert above comments to draft comment to them.
- 2016-07-11: Janina replied to review request referencing the draft review comment.
- 2016-07-12: Reply to review comments received indicating comment is tracked in Micropub Issue 34.
- 2016-10-18: Published as CR. They appear to have disposed of the comment in some way but not told us about it.
- 2016-10-19: ACTION-2096 Ted to sort this out.
- 2016-11-09: Ted reports the key bits are incorporated.
- 2016-11-18: More activity on the issue. They haven't said in words but appear to be waiting on us to indicate the issue is settled. After checking with Janina, Michael said so in their issue.