Jigsaw features list
The list of implemented features is split into the following
- Supported protocol features
- Supported resource classes
- Supported resource filters
- Supported utilities
- HTTP/1.1 full compliance
- Support for earlier HTTP versions (1.0 and 0.9)
- Content negotiation
- Basic authentication
- Digest authentication
- supports the PUT method
- supports File uploads
- HTTP Extension Framework
- PICS support (both as a bureau, and as being able to serve labels with
- ICP support in the proxy
- Light-weight multicasted ICP
- WebDAV support
allow you to do fancy server side includes
- The Zip package allow you to serve files contained in a zip (documentation).
- Port of the LabelBureau
- ServletIndexer allow you to index servlet and remove the .class
- ProxyDispatcher rules editor, and re-parsing of the rules.
All the resources of the 1.0beta2 has been ported to the new 2.0 version. This
As of 2.0alpha1, the resource model has changed, the resources are limited and
all the handling is done in specific frames attached to the resource, like the
HTTPFrame. Filters are attached to the resources, and then are
protocol-specific. For a complete description of the resource/frames
available, read the documentation
- Support for Sun's servlet API
- Resource space verifier
- Auto save for Jigsaw's configuration
- A caching proxy module for Jigsaw.
- A mirroring module.
- Virtual host support with no IP addresses consumption.
- Efficient and extensible server side includes.
- Built in image map support.
- The basic description of a resource object. Implements persistency and
- The basic resource class for exporting file-system directories.
- The basic resource class for exporting files (optionally supports the
- Handles negotiation among a set of variants resources
(terminology mismatch here)
- Handles the HTML form's POST method.
- A form based interface to CVS.
- Handles CGI scripts.
- Emulates the PASS rule of the CERN server (i.e. it is able to server a
file directory which is outside of the normal scope of the server's
All the filters of the 1.0beta2 has been ported to the new 2.0 version. This
- Allows powerfull logging of sub areas of your web server
- Keeps track of whose editing your web site
- Allows powerfull redefinition of error messages, by using internal
- Allows you to debug the target resource by dumping incoming requests
and outgoing replies.
- Limits the number of simultaneous access to its target resource.
- Filters the reply stream through any process.
- Handles IP authentication, along with optional Basic
- Allows you to count the number of a hits to a particular area, or a
- The new JigAdmin
- The new Jigsaw Administration tool (only for JDK1.2).
- A command line tool, used to kill/save Jigsaw.
- A full blown GUI based remote configuration client for Jigsaw.
- A complete package for managing persistency and self-described
- A common client and server side HTTP api.
- A full fledged HTTP/1.1 client side API.
- A package to handle coders/decoders (handles Base64 encodings).
- A package providing crypto tools (handles MD5).
- A gdbm like package for Java (a translation of gdbm algorithm to
- A package to create awt forms.
- A class for sorting various kind of objects.
- (donated by J Payne) timers handling.
$Id: features.html,v 1.27 2002/04/08 09:56:56 ylafon Exp $