This page groups together pages being developed by the W3C Internationalization Working Group to assess internationalization support of user agents. It is an ongoing effort.
Note that these tests do not only test conformance with W3C standards. In some cases the tests also allow for exploration of the behavior of user agents in ways not described by the standards.
Interactive tests & results
Interactive tests are particularly useful for gap-analysis work or for creating quick ad-hoc tests. You can create a new test, or find recorded tests with their results. For more information, click on the link just below.
Interactive test files provide flexibility and ease of use that is useful for experimental or gap-analysis testing. See Using the interactive exploratory tests.
Results summary pages
Pages that group test results by topic. Click on links to see detailed result information or to open the test.
The test rigs allow you to set up tests yourself and produce a URL to reproduce the page which can be shared or stored.
Each repository is effectively a database of test links and results. Each stored test is maintained and discussed in a GitHub issue in one of these repos. The results pages pull their information from the repositories.
Internationalization test suite tests & results
The links below point you to pages that sumarise results across major browsers for features described in W3C/WhatWG specs. From the results pages you can link to the tests themselves, which run within a test framework. You can also run the tests and provide a set of results that can be incorporated into these pages.
- 2.4 Autohiding Base-identical Annotations
- 5. Line Breaking and Word Boundaries
- 5.1. Line Breaking details
- 5.2. Breaking Rules for Letters: the word-break property
- 5.3. Breaking Rules for Punctuation: the 'line-break' property
- 5.6. Shaping Across Intra-word Breaks
- 8.3 Shaping Across Element Boundaries
- 2. Selectors
- 184.108.40.206 The dir attribute
- 3.2.6 Requirements relating to the bidirectional algorithm
- 4.5.26 The bdi element
- 4.5.27 The bdo element
- 220.127.116.11.2 The dirname attribute
- 10.3.5 Bidirectional text (rendering)
- 10.7.4 Native user interfaces
- 10 Legacy single-byte encodings
The following is a mixed bag of additional tests.